GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER

Balme would know Hocking from his Geelong Days, i reckon Balmy should pay him a visit.
Because the bias against us is ridiculous

Seriously unhappy with Lynch’s work rate.
Also fed up with Aarts.
CCJ in next week.
Bigger picture, we did so much wrong yet were in it. The shape at stoppages was all wrong.
This is port’s GF, good on them. Let’s talk in September.
Getting nothing from Lynch.
CCJ still suspended until round 6.
Aarts just not performing like last year. Still a better option than Rioli at the moment.
Just not seeing the depth either.
am hating what I am seeing from umpires, yet again.

We need kids to come through.
We need to find at least 2 players this year
For mine, it'll be in the draft i hope - with higher draft picks / packaged picks giving us a more probable opportunity to find elite midfielders.

Reactions: 1 user
Starting to wonder if this depth everyone keeps talking about is just overrated. Havent seen anyone come in so far that has shown me anything to be excited about
We may have 'depth' b/c we have young kids that havent played much, but they arent kids with elite skills to take over from what we have. Or to match the elite kids other teams have.

Totally agree Dimmauchamp, the kids we have arent at the level needed. not their fault. nor ours, its what happens with lower draft picks.

And a couple of draft errors such as Higgins and RCD - not a criticism, just fact. And we've been great drafters at the low end (Bolton, Balta, Short, Graham), but your chances are reduced when its low picks.

end of 3Q port kicked 3 goals from our poor decision making.

What about Nanks kick backwards , kicks it over the man, Port goal.
not putting it down to Georges miss.. Lynch missed set shots, etc...
George could've broken their hearts and that would've been lovely ..

Elite ball users with pace while always been valuable, are now even more valuable,

A couple of young delidios walking through the door would be handy .

I think it’s these types we lack right now .

Reactions: 2 users
Just watched the game. We nearly snatched it while being clearly the lesser team on the day. Kudos to young Duursma. All hair and elbows but he cracked in and backed himself. A silky footballer he ain't, but making the most of his time. Looked distraught at the end, may have done serious damage, looked like the shock went straight up his spine even before his head hit the ground. Rough.

By the same token Broady and Baker cracked in hard too. Nank did what he does. The kids looked light on for AFL but a good test for them. Pickett needs to either learn how to be Sheds or stop trying. His decision making is too slow for what he is trying to achieve. He has pace and agility to beat the band, needs to learn to use those so he doesnt have to think too hard about clever handballs or dinky kicks. Those are not his bread and butter. Run-down tackles, scytheing runs on the wings. That's his game.

Reactions: 6 users
Did we lose this at the selection table? You could almost argue yes. Bringing in 2 debutants in a game that was always going to be played at break neck speed was dangerous. It didn’t pay off.

Caddy and Rioli in hindsight should have played instead.

Changes to the game; key personnel missing and outrageous umpiring has pis*ed on our roses so far.

I thought that winning the comp last year was the best Tiges win I’d seen, however if Dimma can evolve our game plan to lead us to success in 21 then he’ll be the undisputed best coach of the modern era in my eyes.

For at the moment we look too slow on many occasions, and lacking in enough skill across the park.

Last edited:
Apparently a Port feral confronted Hardwick as he was making his way down from the coaches box.
Seriously there is something wrong over there. They are lunatics!!

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently a Port feral confronted Hardwick as he was making his way down from the coaches box.
Dimma was asked about it in the presser and said the knob was waving a tissue at him, he laughed it off and said yeah I’m upset after winning 3 in 4 years mate, or something to that effect.

He apparently offered Dimma a tissue. Dimma apparently said why would I need it - we’ve won three of the past four flags!

Apparently Port fans are irate after Bow n Arrow dumped, suspected knee injury.

It was just a hard tackle.

He apparently offered Dimma a tissue. Dimma apparently said why would I need it - we’ve won three of the past four flags!
Strange when you consider he was a Port player during their good days.
Short memories?
No respect?
Feral uneducated bogans?