GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Apparently Port fans are irate after Bow n Arrow dumped, suspected knee injury.

It was just a hard tackle.

Yeah their ferals were booing that tackle, but Shedda did nothing wrong, it wasn't high, it wasn't a sling tackle. It was an unfortunate landing on his knee that caused Duursma to end up falling the way he did onto his head. If he gets ANYTHING (even a fine) then its clear that SHocking and Christian see us as their Christmas party fund.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah their ferals were booing that tackle, but Shedda did nothing wrong, it wasn't high, it wasn't a sling tackle. It was an unfortunate landing on his knee that caused Duursma to end up falling the way he did onto his head. If he gets ANYTHING (even a fine) then its clear that SHocking and Christian see us as their Christmas party fund.
Shedda's gonna get hanged. I'd say 3 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
The AFL Commission need to grow a spine or simply f*** off because they are not looking after the game and the fans are getting sick of the bulls*** - atrocious inconsistent umpiring, bad umpiring should mean the umpire is dropped, ridiculous rule changes every year, no-one is allowed to question the umpiring, the media are a bunch of sycophants - there are many things wrong with the way the AFL is running Australian Football and it is time the administration were called out

One of the games Legends told me when the AFL came into being in 1990 that the AFL would be "the beginning of the end of this game as we know it"

He was right.

Every decision being made about the game is about COMMERCIAL INTEREST. The AFL and Clubs are commercial entities.

The AFL are following the global model of sport, that was established in the US.

This is now becoming VERY apparent to those who grew up with the game in the 60's,70's,80's and early 90's, which is a huge swathe of the most Club's membership base.

Pissed off pundits will switch off, its already happening in the US.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We were missing three or four key players. Had two blokes playing their first game. Had key players have shockers.

Got rorTed by the umpires and Port had to give it absolutely everything to roll us.

It’s a great rivalry but we shouldn’t fear them later in the year.

Reactions: 11 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Along with the flogs in blue, we had to deal with an old flog in blue.

Good response from Dimma: :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

1618022320337.png

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You may be right, however, we need to start blooding the youngsters, otherwise they won't develop or leave , then we would of wasted time and energy. From what I saw, we played much better than last week, and we still need to improve. Once we have this, then i feel we will continue on our merry way to the top again.
Still pretty sour about the loss but it's much different to last week. So many fixable mistakes. We didn't play well but still nearly beat a tough opponent.

Tiger_Fury_69

Why do I even bother?
Mar 3, 2004
Tigerland
That is my point. We play them in Adelaide every year but rarely play them at the G. We have played them 33 times in H&A games; 22 have been in Adelaide. That's right, exactly 2 out of every 3 games we have played them has been on their home ground. That is outrageous fixture rigging :mad:
An uncanny resemblance to the free-kick deferential from last night's game. They *smile* * me!!

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’m not saying it’s guaranteed we will make finals, that’s just being arrogant but before people start writing us off consider the following:
- in 2017 we were 7-4 after our first 11 games then 8-3 in our second half of the season, not including finals
- in 2018 we were 9-2 then another 9-2
- in 2019 we were 7-4 then 9-2
- in 2020 we were 5-1-3 then finished with 7-1
Our first parts of the season the past few years, we do lose more games than we do in the second half. I wouldn’t be panicking just yet

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We were missing three or four key players. Had two blokes playing their first game. Had key players have shockers.

Got rorTed by the umpires and Port had to give it absolutely everything to roll us.

It’s a great rivalry but we shouldn’t fear them later in the year.
Yep add Prestia Vlastuin and Macintosh to that team and we win. They were at full strength.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think he’s being held down at almost every contest. Definitely trying to remove his contested marking game & so far it’s working. Umps totally ignore it of course. We can’t buy a free kick in a marking contest.
Spot on. It happened last week and again last night. It's a clear tactic to stop his aerial influence.

I would love to know if the club is going to approach the AFL/Umpires department with a video of the questionable umpiring we've been subject to. It would not be hard to put together a stack of footage to highlight the poor umpiring.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I’m not saying it’s guaranteed we will make finals, that’s just being arrogant but before people start writing us off consider the following:
- in 2017 we were 7-4 after our first 11 games then 8-3 in our second half of the season, not including finals
- in 2018 we were 9-2 then another 9-2
- in 2019 we were 7-4 then 9-2
- in 2020 we were 5-1-3 then finished with 7-1
Our first parts of the season the past few years, we do lose more games than we do in the second half. I wouldn’t be panicking just yet
Dimma mentioned it in his presser - the football played in the early stages of the season is different to that played later on. Teams can't sustain the fast possession based football for the whole season. While teams train and practice precise kicking & keepings off football we refine our structures and tweak our pressure finals game style.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We lost this at the selection table. Had Rioli and caddy played instead of the newbies then we would have won. Reckon Dimma and the MC thought we were no chance when selecting the team and thought no harm by giving 2 kids a go.

Reactions: 1 user