Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

Tigerdangerous said:
It really is time for the club to have a back-up plan in place come the end of the season regarding the under performing and far too comfortable football department.

Firstly let’s forget 2017! I hope Hardwick puts his hand up and departs with some dignity. If not he needs to be paid out and replaced. He has always been a feel good, great mate sort but has terrible game day coaching skills (we’ve known that forever), and his pre-game selections are putrid. That’s the truth of it and his recent assistant coach selections have been lazy and ineffective to say the least.

Ten years is a fair go but the side, and lets forget the injuries for the moment, is playing dumb, dumb, dumb football. Being troubled by better and fitter sides is one thing but being non competitive with AFL level players at hand at the moment falls to the coaching staff.

And Balme has worked some magic but not for a long time; too many enjoying the comfortable ride now and it’s showing on the field!!!

No finals in 2019 which may be a blessing in disguise. It will be an opportunity to bring in a fresh coaching regime because that’s what a ruthless club that is financially stable does.

Never read such rot.

tigers80 said:
That myth ended Prelim final last year.

After Collingwood beat us the myth changed to only Collingwood can beat us on the MCG. Now it’s only Collingwood and Geelong. The list will grow.

toby64 said:
After Collingwood beat us the myth changed to only Collingwood can beat us on the MCG. Now it’s only Collingwood and Geelong. The list will grow.

Gws, port, west coast will all join that list by years end.

One-eyed Tiger said:
Rance
Riewoldt
Nankervis
Astbury
Lambert
Ross
Short
Ellis

Grigg/Pickett
Markov
English
Moore
Aarts

We are only missing nakas, jack, lambert, rance and maybe Ross
The rest are as *smile* as the ones that ran on the mcg tonight.

One-eyed Tiger said:
Rance
Riewoldt
Nankervis
Astbury
Lambert
Ross
Short
Ellis

Grigg/Pickett
Markov
English
Moore
Aarts
Short and Ellis are not walk ups. Ross is a first year player. Grigg has retired. Pickett has not played a single Afl game. The others are untried so how they can be walk ups is beyond me.

That leaves 5 walk ups. Really not much.

Our depth is a myth. We have some promising youngsters, yes but depth we don't. Heck we don't even have a strong midfield with everyone available.

Yep we have injuries but perhaps it's the quality of the injured player missing.... :hihi

No Astbury next week. I think we'll drop out of the 8 next week. 5th interstate in 13 games.

frawleyudud said:
Short and Ellis are not walk ups. Ross is a first year player. Grigg has retired. Pickett has not played a single Afl game. The others are untried so how they can be walk ups is beyond me.

That leaves 5 walk ups. Really not much.

Our depth is a myth. We have some promising youngsters, yes but depth we don't. Heck we don't even have a strong midfield with everyone available.

Totally agree. No depth, some good kids in Stack and Ross
But jack is 32 next year
Rance was abysmal before he did his knee, his performance in the prelimanary was shitful
Astbury and ellis arent any good
Short dont rate him

What happened to the commitment?
Where's the manic pressure and tackles?
Midfield is struggling just to be competitive

se7en said:
What happened to the commitment?
Where's the manic pressure and tackles?
Midfield is struggling just to be competitive

The only true midfielder out there tonight was Martin.
Prestia is *smile*
Cotchin isnt good anymore
Graham is too slow

Tigerdangerous said:
It really is time for the club to have a back-up plan in place come the end of the season regarding the under performing and far too comfortable football department.

Firstly let’s forget 2017! I hope Hardwick puts his hand up and departs with some dignity. If not he needs to be paid out and replaced. He has always been a feel good, great mate sort but has terrible game day coaching skills (we’ve known that forever), and his pre-game selections are putrid. That’s the truth of it and his recent assistant coach selections have been lazy and ineffective to say the least.

Ten years is a fair go but the side, and lets forget the injuries for the moment, is playing dumb, dumb, dumb football. Being troubled by better and fitter sides is one thing but being non competitive with AFL level players at hand at the moment falls to the coaching staff.

And Balme has worked some magic but not for a long time; too many enjoying the comfortable ride now and it’s showing on the field!!!

No finals in 2019 which may be a blessing in disguise. It will be an opportunity to bring in a fresh coaching regime because that’s what a ruthless club that is financially stable does.
It’s funny how you never appear on this site after a win.

Just another person with an axe to grind.

Completely smashed again the midfield. Happens every week.

Our midfield stocks are completely bare. Zero depth. Second and third quarters were just abysmal. I would go as far as saying we have a bottom 4 midfield, that cannot compete with any of the average sides let alone a good one.

The 4.5 kg's weight differential really stood out tonight, we looked like school boys tonight.

zippadeee said:
Persists with the same duds

Team changes:

32 Melbourne
31 Carlton
30 Richmond
28 Essendon
25 Hawthorn, North Melbourne
24 Adelaide, GWS
23 St.Kilda, Sydney
22 Gold Coast
21 Geelong, West Coast
20 Collingwood, Port Adelaide
18 Brisbane
15 Western Bulldogs
13 Fremantle

How are the other teams at the top of the list travelling?

tigers80 said:
Never read such rot.

What a lazy, ignorant, comment that must have challenged your astounding and comprehensive intellect all of three, maybe four seconds to write it.

If you have nothing to say fine, but spare me your sweeping statements that say bugger all. You reward mediocrity and accept losing by terrible coaching and selections but I don’t!

Hardwick has run his race. The fact you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not true. Look at the way the team is playing. Look at where players are played and look at the wash up and how failure is presented by a coach who has run his course letting his players enjoy their footy! He’s been found out as have a number of the players by a very hungry opposition.

That’s life in the AFL.