Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
One scene I didn't like in Stalking Brian is seeing Knighter with a smile on his face. Come back to us son.

E

easy_tiger

The Big Richo said:
I felt the booing of Ablett was pretty unedifying tonight.

x2.

people pay their money and they can boo if they want,

but its pretty dumb to boo the greats who, love them or hate them, have put on a sublime show for years.

I assume the booing is because he elbowed a few blokes? This happens to them all.

they age and slow and what would have been a breathtaking 1:1 win, becomes a belt. Its footy.

did something I've never done.

there was clearly to be no brightness, so I went to bed at halftime

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
easy said:
x2.

people pay their money and they can boo if they want,

but its pretty dumb to boo the greats who, love them or hate them, have put on a sublime show for years.

I assume the booing is because he elbowed a few blokes? This happens to them all.

they age and slow and what would have been a breathtaking 1:1 win, becomes a belt. Its footy.

did something I've never done.

there was clearly to be no brightness, so I went to bed at halftime

Never really got the booing thing. Re Ablett, he will be booed every week now..why?, cos of the pantomine, "its what we do at the footy nowadays, we boo Ablett". Now one day people might start booing Dusty and the hordes will follow. Surprised Ablett got booed and Selwood didnt , Selwood is far more spiteful etc than Ablett.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
acatman1 said:
Never really got the booing thing. Re Ablett, he will be booed every week now..why?, cos of the pantomine, "its what we do at the footy nowadays, we boo Ablett". Now one day people might start booing Dusty and the hordes will follow. Surprised Ablett got booed and Selwood didnt , Selwood is far more spiteful etc than Ablett.

Agree with this. I don’t get the Ablett booing, he is a superstar. Is he being booed because he is so good? Because his father was so good? Because we Tiger fans curl up into the foetal position every time we watch an Ablett play?

Selwood, on the other hand, is a knob.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
acatman1 said:

They were booing him because he got off 2 incidents that Richmond players wouldve misssd games for.
Plan and simple.
Selwood didn't get booed because he wasnt the one wifh the Free pass at the tribunal.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
zippadeee said:
the final result to come out this game was, the lack of height & the lack of a quality inside midfielder.
Not sure if the club should push jack and nakas to come back in a hurry.
Too many players out of form, too many players getting shown up on their deficiencies.
Castagna..how long does he stay in?
Rioli.. looks spiritless
Butler...no confidence
Caddy.. no pace, can’t mark above his head. How long do you persist?
Cotchin.. won us a flag on the back of playing a 82kg battering ram and now struggles to run out games.
Ellis and Houli.. when the heat is on they both seem to crumble.
Lynch... do you rest him till he is 100% fit. He looks miles off it.
Higgins..2nd year blues.

It will be interesting who they chase at years end.

Rioli isn't spiritless, he's horribly out of form and making very basic mistakes. Needs to write run and chase on his wrist again.
Butler is good defensively but I have no confidence in him with ball in hand, he either kicks poorly or just runs into trouble - on the trade table for mine
Caddy, playing as a mid but thats not his position. Both Richmond and Geelong got him right from the start, he's a medium sized forward and playing him in the mid impacts our structures negatively both in the mid and forward line, needs to go back to how we played him in 2017 and 2018
Cotchin - Your comment is laughable, he's been out for 7 weeks with a leg injury and you are surprised that he can't run out games. Are you really that stupid?
Ellis, yes, Houli, less so
Lynch - I don't think the club even expected him to play as much as he has or by himself as much as he has in the first half of this year, he's a victim of circumstance unfortunately.
Higgins - See Rioli. I really thought he's take a step forward this year, I think we need to return him to the forward line but unfortunately we have been losing too many others.

E

easy_tiger

acatman1 said:

Snake explained to me he thought some booing stems from

Ablett liking Falous homophobic social media stuff?

From my POV, im not into christian xenophobia

But its the footy, and whole booing isnt my style,

everyones different.

Back on the Cats, they deserve to be flag favs at 11-1

But no way would i back them.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
zippadeee said:
They were booing him because he got off 2 incidents that Richmond players wouldve misssd games for.
Plan and simple.
Selwood didn't get booed because he wasnt the one wifh the Free pass at the tribunal.

Rubbish , fans aint that "thoughtful"to think of it like that. Its more a cliched response . Funny people didnt boo cunnington when he got off twice this year for off the ball hits.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Beaten by the best side going around. That doesn’t worry me too much with seven guys out.

Not showing any spirit and a total lack of system does worry me. We are in a tough spot right now.

Next four games are so important, need to grind two wins out.

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
I've been to a few home games this year and watch the warmups closely.
Last night Geelong - clean execution with stab passes to a team mates chest, shots on goal mostly drop punts and straight, run throughs picking up a dribbling ball thrown at them effortless and clean, congestion ruck exercises clean and finding a loose man.

Now the RFC - stab passes making team mates jump for it or have to move left and right or it just drops short, dribble shots on goal and round the corner look at me (oh and Caddy, Lynch and Butler just couldn't kick drop punts straight for goal), the same run through exercise picking up a dribbling ball saw fumbles, ball hit shins etc.., congestion work not too bad. I also saw Soldo and Balta drop so many high kick mark attempts.

I think the effort is there from the boys, the skill level and execution is letting them down. Who is our skills coach at the Club?

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
acatman1 said:
Rubbish , fans aint that "thoughtful"to think of it like that. Its more a cliched response . Funny people didnt boo cunnington when he got off twice this year for off the ball hits.

Ablett was delusional enough to publicly question why he was being scrutinised weekly for smashing opponents with his raised elbow. The guy has no insight and thinks he is untouchable.
That arrogance and hubris is why he was (justifiably) booed. No other reason.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
SCOOP said:
Beaten by the best side going around. That doesn’t worry me too much with seven guys out.

Not showing any spirit and a total lack of system does worry me. We are in a tough spot right now.

Next four games are so important, need to grind two wins out.

Our lack of scoring was a big worry.
Only 37pts for the whole game.
I believe that’s the second lowest score so far this season.

DocBalls

get rid of the short pass- kick it long
Aug 10, 2004
My take on this current "lack of form " is that the injuries have forced Dimma to play many out of position and this has unbalanced the team.
We are getting smashed in midfield and having "Grigg-Sized" ruckman will never help get an advantage.
Lynch has no help- is lacking confidence as his body/knee is still not right and he rarelyy gets to a one on one contest . His lack of 2nd effort is due to his body issues. He'll be better when Jack returns.
Caddy is a decoy forward not a midfielder - cannot run both ways.
I think the back six will be ok after bye - settle with Grimes, Astbury, Short/Stack , Vlastin , Houli , Edwards and find another link man who doesn't panic - not Ellis/Broad . When Short is back I would put Stack on wing ( like a Brad Hill at Free ) as a "distributor "
Stick with Balta and Soldo until Nank returns
Leave pressure forwards in Rioli, Baker and Butler but Castagna is a liability skill wise. Need another marking forward - maybe McIntosh
Midfield is a worry - Dusty is the only explosive one out of Prestia, Lambert, Graham and Cotch and none have great defensive running
Only an opinion but I know we will be better after the bye. :angel:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Interesting stat from the game
Effective Kicking:
Cotchin 27 per cent
Prestia 31 per cent
Martin 40 per cent
Caddy 25 per cent

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
se7en said:
Effective Kicking:
Cotchin 27 per cent
Prestia 31 per cent
Martin 40 per cent
Caddy 25 per cent

good stats right there.. Caddy stood out as particularly bad last night.. he was woeful ..

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
se7en said:
Effective Kicking:
Cotchin 27 per cent
Prestia 31 per cent
Martin 40 per cent
Caddy 25 per cent

Hello, Baron, are you there? This is one for you. Our skilful team eh?