Game Day Tigers v Dockers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Dockers

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For those more in the know, could they be doing heavier loads in training to prepare for the finals run, or even a shorter time window like the Cats game? The team just looked lethargic.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ive got to be honest and admit to an acute bout of pessimism in the 3rd qtr.

I saw our season flash before my eyes.

I guess Dimma was having a similar episode?

I watched most of the last quarter standing up haha. Only sat on the couch the last 5 minutes. No relaxation for me with the way the 3rd quarter went.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
For those more in the know, could they be doing heavier loads in training to prepare for the finals run, or even a shorter time window like the Cats game? The team just looked lethargic.

I reckon 4 games in 16 days is heavy enough - heard some clubs do very little physical training between games when its compacted like this.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think he mentioned this, and also that bis wife & child were up there as well, and let slip his Mrs. is pregnant, folks may be there to assist with baby sitting, if she's suffering from morning sickness.

Most likely scenario.

I think he's going to lift in this next few weeks, Ive always expected it.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
The reason for bombing is pretty simple, it eliminates the risk of turnover and the only way for a team flooding to hurt you the other way.

Once the opposition has numbers back you only have two options. You either go long to the dangerous area in front of goal and hope for a contested mark or crumb or you try and penetrate the zone by finding a target in the 'fat' section of the forward line, the 35m plus area where the spread of the ground makes guarding the space more difficult.

You also want to create repeat entries so you set up a centre forward zone to trap the ball when it comes out and send it straight back in, hoping to catch the defence unorganised.

The problem is if you try and bite off the shorter target kick you have a high risk of turnover, which then allows the opposition to break quickly and get out the back of your set up.

If you go long then even if they take a clean intercept mark, they are still too deep to clear your defence and you can fold back and hold them up.

The bombing looks worse than it is because in the time it takes the ball to carry the distance the opposition defenders can cover the distance to impact any kick. You've also got an outnumber so some defenders can just concentrate on engaging the forwards to allow others a clean run at the ball.

When we bomb it in we are really hoping for a neutral result, ball to ground and a stoppage because when you are outnumbered in the air and on the ground the odds are really slim of winning clean ball. It just becomes a numbers game, bomb it in 30 times and hope 5 of them turn into marks, frees or goals from stoppages so you get some looks at goal.

Sounds reasonable TBR. Having Lynch in there makes this a better bet than previous years.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
This is the incident a few on here we’re talking about.

Nothing about it.
Anything come of it?

Betcha if it were a RFC player .

Attachments

• 654F4D55-6F75-41AC-B2AE-A77A79C65151.jpeg
    654F4D55-6F75-41AC-B2AE-A77A79C65151.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 54

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Did anyone see Jack's interview after the game where he said his parents were on the Gold Coast in the new AFL hub doing their two weeks of quarantine? Without knowing his situation it seems excessive for his parents to need to join the hub. Have parents of other players in the comp joined hubs do you know?
Hope they aren't there to watch him play his last season

• Wow

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Who was the small Freo guy with no neck? Looked like a scared tortoise. Kicked a couple of goals.

Yes a real old fashioned country footballers build. Which is a polite way to say short and fat. The jack stevens with less neck

Mitch Crowden. SA kid who was a big Tigers supporter before joining the Dockers. Said to be on the radar of a few clubs come seasons end due to lack of opportunity.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Did anyone see Jack's interview after the game where he said his parents were on the Gold Coast in the new AFL hub doing their two weeks of quarantine? Without knowing his situation it seems excessive for his parents to need to join the hub. Have parents of other players in the comp joined hubs do you know?
Yes...seemed quite emotional.
Footballers are strange cats at times. I have been going to work for 40 years and my parents never came to see me once.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
This is the incident a few on here we’re talking about.

Nothing about it.
Anything come of it?

Betcha if it were a RFC player .

Holy crap, that dockers player has stuck his entire head into our blokes pisshole!

• Wow