Game Day Tigers v Dockers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Dockers

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Felt Freo played well.
Longmuir definitely used his time at the Pies to his advantage. Timely reminder that teams are able to nullify our chaotic pressure with patient ball use in the build up.
That said our system held up really well too.
To hold them to just 4 goals was a real credit to our defensive structures though with a bit better application they could have been closer to be fair.
i actually think it was a really good hit out & we will take plenty from it.

Yep we will take plenty from that game. Interestingly that the control game they employed last night ala the pies doesn’t generally work against us. Apart from the one prelim where the pies managed to play perfect footy and their forward line (ala Cox) pulled one out of the other end just hasn’t worked.

Its also high risk footy as the only time it really works is when they pulled the trigger with the long fast ball from the wing into the corridor after a slow build up - we normally sweat on those, turn it over and we are off.

Why is Longmuir going down the Collingwood path is strange as it takes perfect footy to come off

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Our mids have lifted for the big games so hopefully that will be the case against Geelong. I would think a combination of too many games in too few weeks, and an opponent who just don't command the same respect, led to a lacklustre performance.

The problem is we are still missing a lot of midfield talent, Prestia, Shedda, and their presence helps the likes of Lambert. Add into that mix missing Grimes and Astbury in the backline and we are doing well to keep winning.

Beat Geelong with the quality of players out and the other clubs should be scared.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Little bit of holding but nothing that Dusty doesn’t get most weeks.

Vested is the ‘key’ word there Caesar.
Agree, worst game in September I can remember Dusty playing, but Conca was holding him from going to the contest a lot and no free for Dusty - same as Fyfe and De Boer last week which Longmuir sooked about in press conference. That was the point I was making. Agree Conca did well on Dusty, good on him.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Why was there no goal line review on Higgins’ left foot banana with a couple of minutes to go...?

Looked like Nank touched it well behind the line, yet commentators said diddly squat.
It's odd. Every goal is reviewed to see if it is touched but it is not possible the other way if a goal is incorrectly called a point, unless, and I am not sure why he didn't, the goal umpire asks for a review.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Our forwards do seem to get blocked off the contest a lot which doesn't help. Very rarely given a clean run at it. Need to come in from the sides maybe rather than the back of pack. That's where Castagna used to be so effective at bringing it to ground, he'd cannon into the pack from the side
Josh 'Angry Pills' Caddy can help out with this blocking argy bargy as well.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
watching the game last night and thought McLovin from Superbad was playing for the Dockers. is it just me?

1599103277852.png

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who was the small Freo guy with no neck? Looked like a scared tortoise. Kicked a couple of goals.

Yes a real old fashioned country footballers build. Which is a polite way to say short and fat. The jack stevens with less neck

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive got to be honest and admit to an acute bout of pessimism in the 3rd qtr.

I saw our season flash before my eyes.

I guess Dimma was having a similar episode?

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ive got to be honest and admit to an acute bout of pessimism in the 3rd qtr.

I saw our season flash before my eyes.

I guess Dimma was having a similar episode?
What about the first question Dimma got in the presser? Something along the lines of how frustrated he looked in the coaches box. His response was:

"Did you see the game?????" :rotfl2 :rotfl2

Yes Dimma it was a shocker. It was frustrating to watch at home so can only imagine how frustrated he was in the box.

maisie928

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Did anyone see Jack's interview after the game where he said his parents were on the Gold Coast in the new AFL hub doing their two weeks of quarantine? Without knowing his situation it seems excessive for his parents to need to join the hub. Have parents of other players in the comp joined hubs do you know?

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Yes a real old fashioned country footballers build. Which is a polite way to say short and fat.

I thought exactly the same. There's ten guys built like that in a lot of country teams. They try to compensate for lack of height with extra time in the gym.

• Haha

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I thought exactly the same. There's ten guys built like that in a lot of country teams. They try to compensate for lack of height with extra time in the gym.
Or the beer and pie diet.

• Haha

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
No injuries and doubled their score without trying for half the game.

Midfield was down in the clearances, but we’ve got our 2 best inside players (#1 and #2 in our B&F) coming back.

The only mild concern is the stress might be getting to Dimma.

Hopefully he freshens up with the break.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Did anyone see Jack's interview after the game where he said his parents were on the Gold Coast in the new AFL hub doing their two weeks of quarantine? Without knowing his situation it seems excessive for his parents to need to join the hub. Have parents of other players in the comp joined hubs do you know?
I think he mentioned this, and also that bis wife & child were up there as well, and let slip his Mrs. is pregnant, folks may be there to assist with baby sitting, if she's suffering from morning sickness.