Game day Tigers v Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tigers v Eagles

No, Vlossy hit him but didn’t seem to be too hard. Shouldn’t have done it though
Vlossy getting old and cranky. Needs to cut this unnecessary crap out of his game. Too good a player to risk taking cheap shots. Save it for a proper revenge shot on Plonkerfield in the Granny!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Dimma didn’t sound too impressed with our game today in his press conference. Singled out a few players for individual praise eg Daniel, Marlion but otherwise seemed a bit frustrated with our performance.

Dimma didn’t sound too impressed with our game today in his press conference. Singled out a few players for individual praise eg Daniel, Marlion but otherwise seemed a bit frustrated with our performance.
Yeah just 4 minutes.

All.in all an.enjoyable day at the footy. Contrast to the pressure and intensity of last week could not have been more stark. Accurate kicking helped but we created a lot of corridor opportunities. Some terrible turnovers due to poor execution or decision making.
M Pickett sensational. Dusty on song first half. D Riolo explosive running. eked out a percentage gap on swans

Reactions: 1 user
On a side note, was great to see Marc Dragicevic do the coin toss today :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
What was the point of listing blokes who weren't there Sin? Who were the Eagles missing?
Healy said that the eagles were missing players and were weakened. I said that we were missing Cotchin, Martin and Prestia in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 2 users
Gave his opponent a quick dig to the mid section and he went down like he was shot and they got a 50 metre penalty. Hard to know how hard it was but I suspect a fine
I missed the Vlastuin incident too. Sounds like he didn’t need to do it. Once again Ill-discipline has cost us. Why is this happening. Should be a focus for rest of season.

I wasn't impressed.
No midfield depth, nothing coming up.
It's Prestia or zero
You have a dusty training barely once a week. Now doing a hammy.
Then you have Lambert that is so prohibited with his movement it's hard to watch.
Then you have Riewoldt taking the *smile*.
If people don't care, it's sweet l

Healy said that the eagles were missing players and were weakened. I said that we were missing Cotchin, Martin and Prestia in the 2nd half.
Eagles plane crashed on the way over and they had to walk from Port Fairy too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Disappointing it wasn't a real percentage booster but they're not the side they were a few weeks ago. Last 3 games 3 goal loss to Cats, beat Dons and now 6 goals to the Tigers. We do have the highest percentage outside the 4 now so just have to keep winning. GC is not going to be a walk over. They've beaten Carlton, Swans and Dockers and should have beaten Pies. GC still a decent chance for the 8 if they win, very difficult if they don't so it will be a tough game. Hopefully Prestia and Cotchin (and Dusty) are back .

Certainly somewhat of a frustrating game.

I thought both teams were struggling to get their games going. We managed it in the second quarter and WCE in the third. For the rest of the game it did look a bit pedestrian.

Last week showed we can match it with contenders, the pressure last week was immense, this week it was lacking. Maybe the lower intensity of the game meant we were just not as switched on.

The major problem remains clearances, especially centre bounce clearances. We not only need to win more in the middle, but pressure the opposition in the middle. Too many goals conceded from centre clearances, the defence is on a hiding to nothing when the ball comes in that quickly. The VFL mids are not impressing and we really need to work on this. You need a decent midfield to contend.

In the first quarter we looked asleep, some real lapses in defence where we conceded goals we simply shouldn't have.

A further issue is really unnecessary turnovers where a kick or handball goes astray, is misdirected or just kicked straight to the opposition for no apparent reason. Really need to cut this out. I know every team does this occasionally but we do it too often.

Didn't notice the umpiring much which is always a good thing. But, they really lost me when Riewoldt got his head ripped off and was pinged for holding the ball, then, not 30 seconds later, a WCE player was caught with the ball and, must have been Vlastuin, got him just on the shoulder. Now, the free to the WCE player was there, the rule is completely clear - shoulder or above is an illegal tackle. So, why the f*ck did they not give RIewoldt a free? The head is higher than the shoulder, clear, crystal clear, free to Riewoldt missed, and they rub it in by paying a much more marginal high tackle 30 seconds later. Consistency clearly still a huge issue for the umps, pathetic really. Not good enough.

Glad to get away with the 4 points. Will need to be better against Gold Coast, hopefully Prestia back.

The club needs to get to work on developing and recruiting some midfield talent. Ross was ok last week, not so good this week, could still make it. RCD is unimpressive, Dow seems to have gone backwards. Our best mids are 30 or thereabouts and we need to prioritise this.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
No Cotchin, no Prestia, and no Dusty in he 2nd half, I’ll take that win.
We are going to be without them forever very soon so it's concerning that what we've got coming through maybe not that great.

Reactions: 2 users