Game day Tigers V Geesook | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tigers V Geesook

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
George had 0 tackles for the game, whilst he needs a week off, there is no one else to bring in. what happened to our small forward depth??

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I've been be a member 41 years and my patience with the club regarding VFL information is wearing thin,WE NEVER EVER GET DECENT VFL INFO.
THERE IS NO EXCUSE WHAT SO EVER,WE HAVE THE BIGGEST TURNOVER IN THE AFL.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't wait for end of season so we can finally hear the truth and WTF has happened.

I'm on the Bulldogs bandwagon for their 3rd flag. F*ck Miragebourne, F*ck Pricky and SHocking, F*ck Qld Fitzroy and F*ck the rest.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
U just knew that Chol would be useless after a good game, absolutely needs dropping as it brings back memories of his 1 good game 3 bad ones.
If they only had some betting odds on Chol having a poor game I could have added an additional house to the property portfolio.

Reactions: 1 users

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Agree with many about this year; a fit core list is still competitive and I discussed this with a Tiger mate last month and he laughed at me bc we were still in the 8.

I told him to forget 2021.....we have'nt been able to show cohesiveness as a unit all year, have struggled to score and are being well beaten in the middle. And of course the injuries and loss of football nous at the assistant level.

Told him we need to recruit, reset and load up for next year whilst getting remaining games into the young kids to see who has "something" moving forward. Constant evolving and improvement or get left behind is the current game.

PS: he ain't laughing now.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We are last in the AFL for clearances. Second last for contested possessions. 14th for tackles.

The stand off, “referred pressure” game plan has gone way way past us.

Teams play around it way too easily.
The new rules have changed the game. Just enough to make that game plan almost redundant. I said it at the start of the year. If we had our full team we would be a chance but without most of our best 22 the rule changes make it too difficult.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The new rules have changed the game. Just enough to make that game plan almost redundant. I said it at the start of the year. If we had our full team we would be a chance but without most of our best 22 the rule changes make it too difficult.
Yep chaos ball is dead. We need to find blokes who can hit targets consistently. We have way too many butchers in the side.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
It wasn’t pretty and some of the stuff I witnessed was inexcusable. However the reality is take the ‘equivalent’ out of any side and see how they fair. Take today for example:

* Soldo - Stanley?
* Vlastuin - Stewart
* Balta - Henderson
* Broad - Kolodjashnij
* Prestia - Guthrie
* McIntosh - Smith
* Martin - Dangerfield

And that’s being overly kind on some of these cats players!!

I think some perspective needs to come into it. In saying that, the club will need to use this year as a chance to cut back and make some calls on players. Personally I think this last month should be used to see if guys like Miller, Martyn, Cumberland etc have the ability to make the grade.

Go grab a ready made midfielder from another club and go hard at the draft and stockpile the kids so we can build a side with players like Bolton, Balta and the like.

Injuries barring, next year is our last genuine crack at it with this group I think.

Reactions: 11 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Poorly coached today. Should have Caddy in instead of Aarts. And Chol should have been playing forward when not rucking with Lynch and Riewoldt to eliminate their spare down back and making Stewart accountable.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Forward line woes continue.
They play Stewart as the spare. We more often than not have our 2 falls or even 3 sharing the same space . Why not try to get separation and spread from our talls? Half forwards and pockets to swarm at the drop of the ball, on ballers to run to give options Then use them. Rather than just bombing away.
No forward craft from the half forwards.

Aarts is front and centre ready for the crumbs, George travels sideways across Aarts toward the flank. Luckily he got paid the free for being held. Goal. Geez George is a dumb player.Arts has some craft but comes undone when George is prowling.
Don’t we have any set plays? Where is our structure?
Or is it kick, bomb, react and hope for the best.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
1 bad quarter - the 2nd.
Missed 3 easy shots at goal in the 3rd after kicking 2 in a row - kick those we start to hum a bit - it should've been 5 in a row.
2 of those goals went straight back down the other end for goals i think ...

Vlastuin Broad Balta and Houli are missing from the backline.
the midfield has been a band-aid job all year.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Poorly coached today. Should have Caddy in instead of Aarts. And Chol should have been playing forward when not rucking with Lynch and Riewoldt to eliminate their spare down back and making Stewart accountable.
Really poor coaching in second quarter with too many behind ball - set up to fail.

Reactions: 2 users