Game day Tigers v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tigers v Hawks

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I’m curious , what was todays crowd in terms of all home and away games between Richmond v Dorkthorn.

We had 70k a couple of years ago but I reckon today was top 10 all time. Army is coming.
It was our 5th-best H&A crowd v Hawks:
70,701 R3, 2018
66,305 R18, 2015
64,936 R9, 2019
64,324 R19, 2013
then today.

If you include the 2018 final, we have won all of the 8 largest attendance games v Hawthorn.

Reactions: 5 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
The same amount of goals as lynch, but lynch has played 4 fewer games. Plus did a hammy first 5 mins V GC (effectively 5 less games played)

Lynch's form has been better and I reckon tom lynch has to be in AA discussion.

Lynch leading the AFL in Goals Per Game at 3.2. If he didn't miss as many games as he has he'd probably be leading the Coleman.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The second half against Blandbane was huge. 20K fewer in the crowd than today but enormous noise as we came back.

Yeah that felt extremely special, especially at 3QT when half the stadium was on their feet and cheering. There was a special kind of love and gratitude in the air just willing the club on.

Like a religious awakening at base camp for an unchosen mountain.

It's pent up love. From our lost premiership season of 2020 that we didn't get to experience as a group. And after 37 years in the wilderness and then experiencing 2017, nobody can appreciate the significance of missing out on that special shared experience like us.

We want a duality of celebrations. There's a strong desire to express our gratitude for everything the club has achieved in the past, and also for what they're achieving while they keep stepping forward.

If a Tiger roars in the middle of the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Yes, but it skips a year.

That echo is roaring "thanks for the 3 flags" and "keep going" at the same time.

A roar increasingly feeling like an unstoppable religious outpouring of a reawakened collective willpower to dictate a remastered destiny...

Cotchin, Edwards, Dusty, Riewoldt, Lambert, etc. We haven't been able to fully celebrate their dominance at the MCG since 2019 - that's back when they were still in their 20's, and Jack was the reigning Coleman medalist!

But unlike other dynasty clubs, we kept our picks, and they're good. So, our optimism isn't propped up by proud self-lies. Other clubs would be quietly peeking down the mountain wishing they didn't have to take another step. Not us.

For us, that lost 2020 group experience and all the instability of that time period, coupled with the optimistic outlook from our promising youth learning from those beloved ageing stars (who are still in form) - it culminates in a club that desperately wants to take that next step forward while also finally celebrating the past as a group.

It's the unchosen journey. Richmond is the only club who's experienced an isolation premiership, and now we're seeing (and hearing) a deep yearning to move forward as a group to celebrate on the summit of a mountain that's chosen us.

So keep moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was nervous in the last quarter when Cotchin, Prestia, Lynch and Vlastuin were all still on the ground. Was glad to see them all finish the game on the bench.

Reactions: 1 user

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Hawks didn’t get out of bed for this one. Hard to gauge the sincerity of our win.

Is it better to lead into the finals with a couple of easy wins? Assuming, of course.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Hawks didn’t get out of bed for this one. Hard to gauge the sincerity of our win.

Is it better to lead into the finals with a couple of easy wins? Assuming, of course.
A couple of tough wins against non-contenders (Essendon 8 points, Dogs 3 points) didn't seem to do us much good in 2018.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

i dunno about that, Hawks seemed to be having a crack to me.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Or having Dusty play on one leg.
Or some Yank prick playing like he never did before or aft
Or also allegedly having 3-4 players also crook with gastro that week, Cotchin, Dave, Lambo and might've been another I think, I cant quite recall.

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
i dunno about that, Hawks seemed to be having a crack to me.
Yep. Look like Hawthorn were fighting to finish the season on as many wins as possible.
Don't down play Hawthorn efforts, they were up for a big game.
Got beaten by a better team

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
And they wonder why they couldn't make any headway. 31 kicks 54 handballs from 3 out of 4 top ball winners.

Screenshot_2022-08-15-20-57-43-94_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg