I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final.

rush

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2005
I sometimes have a look at some of the other forums and on the Saints forum they were questioning the motivations of Geelong resting many of their
good players last night, and one of the posters said the following.

"It occurred to me that Geelong may well prefer St Kilda to win on Saturday in order to deny Richmond a spot in the finals, because if the Tigers do make it they will pose a real threat to all the other contenders."

A fully fit Richmond outfit with Dusty firing come September and a rabid Tiger army would
have to be a nightmare scenario for even the Geelongs and Melbournes in the comp, wouldnt
you say?

Or am I just getting ahead of myself after our performance last night ?

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
To be honest, if we hadnt lost Grimes for the year and prob Dusty (?) and without knowing Flossy's damage, maybe maybe we had a small chance to win one final.

But IMO, we are spending every food stamp just to make finals, that I think we will be too beaten up to get too far.

Cant stomach the thought but Geesook will win it. I wrote months ago here that they'd do a Bradbury and win it. Mind you, they dont even need to wait for everyone else to fall in a heap, to their credit they are very strong. And with the luxury of resting players - which we cant afford to do obviously as we need Cotch, Jack, Nank etc just to help us get there.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Huddo - Geelong supporter - was certainly barracking for port last night. He mentioned that ‘no one wants Richmond in the finals’ but he is really only referring to Geelong.

Whately - Geelong supporter - has minimised us at every opportunity, using ‘Richmondy’ in the old derogatory way which I find a little disrespectful.

There is not one Geelong player, coach or supporter who doesn’t have Richmond in their heads.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You hear it all the time. Every commentator in the game says if we make the finals we scare the hell out of every other team in it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I sometimes have a look at some of the other forums and on the Saints forum they were questioning the motivations of Geelong resting many of their
good players last night, and one of the posters said the following.

"It occurred to me that Geelong may well prefer St Kilda to win on Saturday in order to deny Richmond a spot in the finals, because if the Tigers do make it they will pose a real threat to all the other contenders."

A fully fit Richmond outfit with Dusty firing come September and a rabid Tiger army would
have to be a nightmare scenario for even the Geelongs and Melbournes in the comp, wouldnt
you say?

Or am I just getting ahead of myself after our performance last night ?
They're afraid rushy.....very afraid.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
We haven't been outplayed in 3 months

I have us as a top 2-3 team on current form... I'd love to see us play Geelong in a final again.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's a free hit if we make the 8.
Nobody has expected us to do anything.
Delicious proposition.
Still need to lock it in though & must beat the Hawks & Dons.

Reactions: 11 users

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Just looking at the ladder, who do we want to be playing in the first final IF we make it? I reckon Melb will find it hard to win their last 2 and may finish sixth, Carlton should finish 7th or 8th. And I think it is out of Fremantle or Brisbane who will finish 5th. So I think it is out of Freo, Brisbane or Melbourne who we play first week. I reckon Freo would be the team we’d want to play

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
If our defence was playing well, irrespective of the injuries, I'd say we could do some damage.

We have 3 weeks to get it sorted.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Yep, they’re scared. All of them.
Given a decent injury run, we’ll fancy ourselves against anyone anywhere.
Fit Lynch pivotal.

Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Just looking at the ladder, who do we want to be playing in the first final IF we make it? I reckon Melb will find it hard to win their last 2 and may finish sixth, Carlton should finish 7th or 8th. And I think it is out of Fremantle or Brisbane who will finish 5th. So I think it is out of Freo, Brisbane or Melbourne who we play first week. I reckon Freo would be the team we’d want to play
Anyone but Sydney at the SCG for me. I don't think we are any chance to beat them there.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Anyone but Sydney at the SCG for me. I don't think we are any chance to beat them there.
Imagine if it happened, though and Dusty completely turns it on and powers us to victory. Says in the post game interview ‘I’m staying at Richmond. I was never going anywhere.’

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Huddo - Geelong supporter - was certainly barracking for port last night. He mentioned that ‘no one wants Richmond in the finals’ but he is really only referring to Geelong.

Whately - Geelong supporter - has minimised us at every opportunity, using ‘Richmondy’ in the old derogatory way which I find a little disrespectful.

There is not one Geelong player, coach or supporter who doesn’t have Richmond in their heads.
Grimes going under the knife in an attempt to be ready. Dusty our most professional player, giving everything to his own preparation and a blood and guts effort given by the team yesterday.
They all want so badly to win.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
To be honest, if we hadnt lost Grimes for the year and prob Dusty (?) and without knowing Flossy's damage, maybe maybe we had a small chance to win one final.

But IMO, we are spending every food stamp just to make finals, that I think we will be too beaten up to get too far.

Cant stomach the thought but Geesook will win it. I wrote months ago here that they'd do a Bradbury and win it. Mind you, they dont even need to wait for everyone else to fall in a heap, to their credit they are very strong. And with the luxury of resting players - which we cant afford to do obviously as we need Cotch, Jack, Nank etc just to help us get there.
Jack looked out on his feet for most of the day, until he took that mark.
Needs a rest next week and the chances of us getting further into the finals than you predict, may depend on it.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
based on our last game there?

we are 8-2 in Tom Lynch's last 10 games. One of them was the Suns when he played 10 mins. The other was the Cats, when Prestia played 10mins.

Tom and Dion will lead us to premiership glory.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Don't care who we play in the finals should we get there as the experience for our young players is enormous for the future.

Can we win in the finals? Possibly

Do we make too many unforced errors during a game? Yes and the top teams will score against us from those errors.

We are not a premiership team at the moment, as we have a weak record against other final contenders. But we are building our form at the right time of the season. And it is a different game in the finals, so anything can happen and has happened in finals.......go Tiges

Reactions: 6 users