Game Day - Tigers v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Swans

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
charge him for 'bringing the game into disrepute' .. put 'Horse' out to pasture i reckon ..

Longmire, had an excuse, that side was Sydney 1993 quality.
But what the *smile* was Hardwick doing??
Move player's around, why was lynch & jack parked in the goal square all day?
Where was the 'honour the lead' after qtr time?
Our 50 was crowded because he didn't change things up.
The selection of Rioli has me gobsmacked. "Have a rest this week son, you've done sweet FA for 12 months but i will have you back next week".
Why keep kids out to play Pickett?

Is he coaching properly or do the players just don't give a *smile*.
3 and a bit qtrs our forward fifty looked like Spencer st station at 5 o'clock on a Friday afternoon and he didn't change one single thing in there.
His coaching this year is resembling 2016 form

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd promised you a match report,

but honestly,

I can't think of an entertaining angle for what was THE least entertaining victory I've ever witnessed.

there was weirdness: crossing the Qld border with one sign saying $657750 fine for bringing in COVID and the other sign saying $63000 for bringing in a rabbit.

then the bars and pie stalls were fully staffed but just walk up and watch them fight over serving you.

fans were all on the top tier, presumably to distance from players (100m?)

and even though it was a privledge to go to the footy and great to get 4 points and a couple of exhilarating moments in the first,

the game was incredible dull

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Don’t know why we didn’t lower the eyes and looked for leads 40 out instead of long bombs to the goal square.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
And Brian Taylor, holy *smile*, he's a blight on the game.
The Egos on the people in the game today is unbearable, BT, Wheatley , Koch , Kennett, McGuire, Caro, Robbo, Barrett, the list goes on , we are so far from the Jack, Lou an Bobby type personality’s . I’ve found myself trying to avoid AFL stuff on fox an social media , trying to get it back to been like it was when I was a kid with very little info, especially off field *smile*. Rock up game day and enjoy a game of footy without the politics , negativity and total BS that BT an co provide

Reactions: 7 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'd promised you a match report,

but honestly,

I can't think of an entertaining angle for what was THE least entertaining victory I've ever witnessed.

there was weirdness: crossing the Qld border with one sign saying $657750 fine for bringing in COVID and the other sign saying $63000 for bringing in a rabbit.

then the bars and pie stalls were fully staffed but just walk up and watch them fight over serving you.

fans were all on the top tier, presumably to distance from players (100m?)

and even though it was a privledge to go to the footy and great to get 4 points and a couple of exhilarating moments in the first,

the game was incredible dull

What is the fine for brining in a rabbit with COVID?

Did you see an attendance figure Ezy?

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I followed the game live on here yesterday and just finished watching the replay now.

Mental Notes:

1. Never follow a game live on PRE otherwise you just end up demoralized by the win.
2. Just wait til you get home and watch it without all the *smile* sledges and agendas.

Can't believe how different the game thread was to the actual game.

Graham was involved a lot and never stopped running.

Vlaus, Grimes and Broad are getting some touch back.

Bolton is gonna be a superstar.

Pickett threw his body in hard at a lot of stoppages even taking out their key mid in one play.

Admire Lynch for his courage to play through.

Love what Higgins, and Baker add to the team.

Was good to see Choldo back.

Thought Mac was busy and presented and disposed well.

Don't get me wrong, I love PRE but getting through these Covid times are hard enough without having to read through all the hyped up negativity on the game thread!

Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I followed the game live on here yesterday and just finished watching the replay now.

Mental Notes:

1. Never follow a game live on PRE otherwise you just end up demoralized by the win.
2. Just wait til you get home and watch it without all the *smile* sledges and agendas.

Can't believe how different the game thread was to the actual game.

Graham was involved a lot and never stopped running.

Vlaus, Grimes and Broad are getting some touch back.

Bolton is gonna be a superstar.

Pickett threw his body in hard at a lot of stoppages even taking out their key mid in one play.

Admire Lynch for his courage to play through.

Love what Higgins, and Baker add to the team.

Was good to see Choldo back.

Thought Mac was busy and presented and disposed well.

Don't get me wrong, I love PRE but getting through these Covid times are hard enough without having to read through all the hyped up negativity on the game thread!

I watched live BLX and agree with all your assessment.

the only thing id add was that grahams run was incredibly slow.

no question he ran his lungs out, but jeez does he make running look hard.

Danny Rioli too.

didn't think performing Aarts gave us a whole lot, but give him another game.

I'd drop graham and Rioli and bring in Ross and DOW

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What is the fine for brining in a rabbit with COVID?

Did you see an attendance figure Ezy?

I think its $128,750 for undeclared rabbit with covid?

didnt see attendance,

It didnt seem like 10K too me?

seemed like a half capacity in half the ground? what's that? 7 or 8K?

They could get some more atmosphere and buzz by putting people at ground level.

See Mabior must've had a lot of family there? he was the only one who ran over to the crowded side and acknowledged us.

the team sort of went to the edge for a bit of a pissweak acknowledge.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
He was no doubt disappointed as it looked like we were running into some form and confidence, then the game was deliberately turned to *smile*. Longmire should be called to account.

Its funny as Im in a group footy chat and were all in Different cities in Asia and love our footy, small group and don't really give each other rubbish more just opions etc, all supporting different teams.. I actually said after the first Qtr this looks like a Richmond style of game, which obviously meant a big win as we were all over them and probably not getting scoreboard reward in Q1.

Then horse obviously thought the same and decided to destroy the game with his tactics. In saying that we need to be better (Rain didn't make it easier thought) so we have clear plans as others have alluded to when teams flood us.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It's all very well blaming Sydney for ugly game and low scores, however we have now had 3 games this season where we have scored 5, 5 and 4 goals for the entire game, (food for thought?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Callum Mills played the Alex Rance role better than Alex dance last night was a big part of our forward line disarray

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think its $128,750 for undeclared rabbit with covid?

didnt see attendance,

It didnt seem like 10K too me?

seemed like a half capacity in half the ground? what's that? 7 or 8K?

They could get some more atmosphere and buzz by putting people at ground level.

See Mabior must've had a lot of family there? he was the only one who ran over to the crowded side and acknowledged us.

the team sort of went to the edge for a bit of a pissweak acknowledge.
I think they said about 3600 on the telly.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

It would've been great to hear a commentator say "there's a rabbit at full forward"

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think they said about 3600 on the telly.

fair dinkum?

that would have contributed significantly to feeling like I was at a Coburg verses Sandringham game, in Brisbane

gotta have an impact on the players adrenaline etc and impact the quality of the game.

I couldn't shake the feeling I was at the circus some of the time too

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It would've been great to hear a commentator say "there's a rabbit at full forward"

in my unpublished match report, I detailed how I smuggled a lubed up baby rabbit, in the smugglers cave, across the border.

and when Papley kicked his 2nd,

I pulled a rabbit out of my arse and released it on the field.

Mabior cholesterols caught it, and after the game, signed it and punted it into the crowd,

and a middle aged man specced a kid and gloved it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It's all very well blaming Sydney for ugly game and low scores, however we have now had 3 games this season where we have scored 5, 5 and 4 goals for the entire game, (food for thought?)

Agree - Dimma‘s excuses were a bad sign we played like *smile* and have done for most of the year. A decent team would have punished the swans yesterday by 50pts