GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles

We didn't *smile* panic. I refuse to believe this side panicked. This side played arrogant.
This side decided at the end, that we didn't need to keep working hard. We'd just show boat our way to the victory.

I tell you what, I reckon our era is over. Not because we aren't talented enough, but because they guys just don't *smile* want it anymore.
Too many players today played like *smile*.

Balta watching Kennedy run off him.
Jack watching Barrass take every mark by getting in front.
I could go on and on and *smile* on.

We played pretentious, wanker footy. We do not deserve a premiership playing this type of game.

Thank god we have the bye, because by christ if I were Dimma I'd tear their *smile* hearts out through their assholes.
They had no reason to win. NONE.

Don't let me hear "oh but the umpires". *smile* the umpires. It had nothing to do with them. It had everything to do with us being arrogant.

Pull your *smile* socks up Tigers, or *smile* retire.
maybe a year without success is what they need general

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon we actually lost it in the first half, just didnt kick the goals we should have and they couldn’t miss.

negatives for me , Cadds is not a wingman against the top teams , Pickett makes way to many mistakes for me, I know what he ads but nup not best 22 for me, Jack still beats the 3rd defenders , struggles against the best , Rioli is way out of form , Chol well everybody sees things differently

Positives CJ, continues to grow, Vlaustin getting back to his best , Lambert , super return, no shock there , only losing the free kick count by 10 is just marvellous , we are one week close to getting Nank back

Reactions: 4 users
All we needed with that attack at the end by George was a mark inside 50 so we could suck the clock. Even if we'd scored a behind, they'd have had a minute to move from 1 end of the ground to the other and we'd have had time to set the defensive positioning up.

Pure dumb, add that to the dumb 50 from Short that ended in a goal, Vlastuins simple missed kick to Pickett and we threw the game away despite 1 of the umps determined to pay soft frees in their forward 50 until they kicked a goal.
This exactly this.

We ran out of legs in the last quarter. Often happens to Melbourne based teams visiting Perth - be it the different time zone or 5 hour flight.

Must admit we made some very ordinary decisions too! Probably from tired minds and bodies.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t kniwvwhy everyone is upset, we are not that good this year, players have gone backwards cantstandya us not AFL level, short has been putrid , Houli is finished, Rioli has been crap for 3 yrs now . In the end we should be happy just to make the 8 !
Troll

Reactions: 3 users
Our leaders let us down in the last 10 mins. No one there to settle us down. No point singling anyone out. We were 3 goals up in the last and just gave it away.

*SMILE*

Also reckon we desperately needed the bye this week. Was one game too many

Don't agree. We made us look tired by not bringing the ball to ground as we exited our D50 throughout the 4th quarter. Our attempts to do this were shocking. With Jack hanging out the back. Was CCJ even on the ground? He'd done that several times throughout the game provide that outlet down the line.

We looked spent because we couldn't get the ball outside of our D50, but that wasn't energy it was the lack of ability to match them in the air. Caddy outmarked by Redden, Jack continually outmarked by Barass.

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty and Castagna, really poor kicks in the clutch there

Dusty always goes missing when we need a goal :cool: :cool:

the difference IMO was no Nank.

no slight on Mabs, he competed well for a 2nd ruckman as first ruckman,

but he was standing in useless space the last 5 minutes; cause he is inexperiences and was rooted.

Nankervis would have taken 3 marks in d50 in the last 5 minutes and we win.

15 minutes of footy (the 20 hours on a plane was telling), just made it very, very hard for us to win the flag.

we might. but I doubt it

Reactions: 9 users
That was just a stitch up as far as I’m concerned.

A free to the Eagles at every opportunity.

Throws (supposed) were all of a sudden penalised, dangerous tackle against Broad was mind boggling, oh, and let’s allow 8 metre kicks to be called marks too.

Noise of affirmation strikes again

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
We are in the premiership race up to our eyeballs.
Terrible loss but many factors against us.
Go home, regroup, get mojo back and wind flag.
Mark my words.
We win this.

Reactions: 8 users
Threw away the top four. It's all gotten a bit hard this year. Really shouldn't have let that one slip.

Dumb footy is dumb footy. We’ve been making offensive clangers throughout the entire dynasty, but in 2021 it’s become an art form.

New rules punish lack of polish. There’s our issue.

Reactions: 10 users
not sure what to make of that .. it was a comedy of errors .. and i thought Kennedy might be a problem ..

Why leave Chol in the ruck in the last quarter when West Coast won almost every centre clearance? Why not at least put CCJ in there? Chol got progressively non competitive & did what he always does & disappear. Game was played 70% in the Eagles forward half as a result. Brainless how we don’t value clearance.
Did help us using Pickett as a ruck again :bash

We would have won that game of Nankervis was playing, we needed more big-man presence around the ground to halt their momentum. Chol looked knackered in the last quarter but he wasn't the only one, so i guess the flights back and forth from WA had some impact there? I can't recall us looking so unfit, its certainly what led to the sloppy disposal which essentially kept them in the game and lost it for us. Spewing!