Game Day - Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Eagles

Mansell rioli campell kosi and graham had how many goals between them ?
Ffs just play cumberland untill the end of the year as 90% of the players l name above ( MJ being 99% of that) have kicked sweet *smile* all goals between them this year

Reactions: 1 users
Just home from the game, Jake Waterman is a spud, 6 goals and 13 marks..........please !!!

To say we missed Taranto is an understatement, we got smashed in the midfield.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I commend Yze trying Dow out to see how he goes, but for a player that has been in the system for as long as he has this kind of shows what we all thought that he doesn't have it. A number of us said after the Swans game, that that game needed to be his norm, not his highlight, looks highly likely that that game (18 touches) is his highlight and not going to be his norm.

Need to swap him out for Bolton and Martin in the midfield, we just have to put a line through Dow as a long term prospect IMO.
Didn't you lot see his ankle sprain last week? He was nearly looking at the sole of his boot! Should not have come back on last week and definitely should not have played today. They probably injected the ankle and taped it up bc we had so many mids injured but he should not have played for 2 to 3 weeks at least. McAuliffe had a similar injury and should not have played today either, so they're both brave to even get out there.... and victims of circumstances.

Just home from the game, Jake Waterman is a spud, 6 goals and 13 marks..........please !!!

To say we missed Taranto is an understatement, we got smashed in the midfield.
Reckon we trade our first pick for him.
If he only plays wells against us, imagine how well he would play for us.

• Haha
Young has gone completely backwards. Perplexing. Until we can upgrade El Nour, or convert Kosi to a back, we’re limited
Geez the bloke has a bad day and guess what - his career is over lol.

Anyone here had a bad day/week at work when nothing worked?

BTW - did anyone see how that ball was being lobbed into Wet Coke's fwd line over our defender's heads time and again without much pressure from our mids?

Take it easy....Rance was worse at the same stage of his career. ...I remember one game V the Scum I was at when that spud Cloke kicked 7 on him at the MCG.

Settle down fellas.

Reactions: 5 users
Lot of criticism of our strength and conditioning but drafting is far and away a bigger problem and has been for years.

Our kids are not alright.
Disagree - they were fine when we rolled Sh!itney.

The outs in this team would have crippled any side.....geez, why do people post on here in a haze of emotion, week in week out ?

This week its the recruiters, last week the fitness staff, next game itll be the boot studder....

We are a WIP - for the uninitiated, that means WORK IN PROGRESS for the next 2-3 seasons. Some will make the cut, some will not.

Let's please keep that in mind moving fwd.

Reactions: 3 users
Geez the bloke has a bad day and guess what - his career is over lol.

Anyone here had a bad day/week at work when nothing worked?

BTW - did anyone see how that ball was being lobbed into Wet Coke's fwd line over our defender's heads time and again without much pressure from our mids?

Take it easy....Rance was worse at the same stage of his career. ...I remember one game V the Scum I was at when that spud Cloke kicked 7 on him at the MCG.

Settle down fellas.
I’ve been to all games except Adelaide last week and he’s been nowhere near the level of last year.

This is professional sport - not a passtime.

Reactions: 1 user
I have questioned Lefaus out put in his 3 games but I'll give credit where it's due.

That's what I want to see from Lefau play like a 195 cm not like a six-footer. His first three games have been underwhelming apart from a few glimpses but today looked good. I'll hold my reservations as it's just one game. Hopefully, he can back it up.

We must do better than Young. I *smile* myself every time the ball enters his vicinity.

With the injury list we had we were never going to win today. We just need to keep finding out which of the kids have a future. If we keep loosing players like we have we are right in the mix with North for the number one pick.

I’d like to see the pressure gauge. We dropped off dramatically and never found it. Yes depleted mid field and all but the drop in pressure and desire was concerning.

Luckily my internet kept dropping out so I gave up watching and had a little lie down. It works well to soothe the grumpy old man vibe. Ahem.

This is professional sport - not a passtime.

Yes it undoubtedly is. So are the expectations, pressures and everything else that comes with professional sport.

How many players have we seen that were world beaters from the get go that you can tell us all about ?

The point is very FEW are off the bat - the majority are NOT. And if there ARE that many - how do you pick them unless you are Nostradamus ? For example, the same people who are singing Lefau's praises today were calling him rubbish and that he would'nt cut it after his first game in the big time. No Nostradamuses there perhaps ?

Let's simply accept THAT is where we are at right at this point in time, including the KPP injuries. We play who we can, assess their effectiveness, grade their performances over the course of the year (not in a X(&^R#^week), make appropriate decisions based on data/performance and move forward accordingly.

As professional clubs or businesses do.

Nobody has a crystal ball about how a player who is drafted will develop, handle the pressure, be able to learn, improve, perform etc....nobody. James Hird was taken in the 60s in the draft....and plenty of No1 pics were delisted after 2-3 seasons. There is no exact science.

Sounds a lot like life does it not ?

Was at the game & in the hunt until Reid Kelly & Yeo got into top gear & tore the mid field apart. Waterman & even Darling just exposed our two tall backs with Young just an embarrassment. Seen a lot of duds in my time (85 ) & assess Young as one unless he can show some vigour with a fist. As for Ooze starts the quarters with Dusty & Bolton sunning themselves in the forward line. Third quarter I think the ball got into our forward line four times. Anyway nice day out at Optical with a pre game drink at the Camfield & a Single Fin at half time.

Yes it undoubtedly is. So are the expectations, pressures and everything else that comes with professional sport.

How many players have we seen that were world beaters from the get go that you can tell us all about ?

The point is very FEW are off the bat - the majority are NOT. And if there ARE that many - how do you pick them unless you are Nostradamus ? For example, the same people who are singing Lefau's praises today were calling him rubbish and that he would'nt cut it after his first game in the big time. No Nostradamuses there perhaps ?

Accept THAT is where we are at right at this point in time, including the KPP injuries. We play who we can, assess, make appropriate decisions based on data/performance and move forward accordingly. As professional clubs or businesses do.

Nobody has a crystal ball about how a player who is drafted will develop, handle the pressure, be able to learn, improve, perform etc....nobody.

Sounds a lot like life does it not ?
I’ve been going since 1980 and played at a reasonable level, so reckon I’ve got a fair handle of what it takes to achieve in sport at the highest level. If you don’t like comments different to yours **** off