Game Day - Tiges V Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Freo

Would have had a hard time beating 1 team, but impossible to beat 2 teams (Freo/Umps.)

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon Miller gave Amiss a brutal knee drop

Could be looked at

Loved it though, especially from Miller
He should have driven it through his chest. Amiss grabbed him and dragged him down. I wish he had broken his ribs.

Reckon Miller gave Amiss a brutal knee drop

Could be looked at

Loved it though, especially from Miller
Broad got kneed in the head earlier, but "protecting the head" is out the window when someone is trying to take a hanger.

Reactions: 1 user
He should have driven it through his chest. Amiss grabbed him and dragged him down. I wish he had broken his ribs.
I think its section 3, rule 21.5(a), the retaliator shall be penalised, not the instigator.

We've been beaten by a better side, no problems with that, but these umps are fair dinkum stuffed.

Little wonder the players started getting frustrated and starting blues.

That non holding the ball decision was farcical. If they made a video of holding the ball that is it right there as the perfect example.

Except when applied by Richmond of course

Reactions: 6 users
A lot of complaints with the umpiring (rightfully so) but more importantly, have a look at the defensive stats:

36% time in possession and we only landed 40 tackles compared to Freos 60.
8 tackles inside 50 to their 14.

When you look at that, a big portion of the free-kick differential makes sense. There was a lot of missed holding calls but how many of those were the ball spilling in broken tackles? By my count, quite a lot.

We lack strength, we lack a significant amount of clean polish, and we lack a lot of experience playing with each other, particularly intuition going forward. 5 years ago Dusty or Houli or Lambert or (insert mid here) knew exactly where Jack or Lynch wanted the ball.
A bit of that comes back with our injured players but most of it is going to take a season or two.

Reactions: 4 users
Today was the first crack in the Yze philosophy. Too many took the easy option. The effort must improve. We all know the situation with injuries. The players played a selfish game that we have not seen in a long time. Good coaches do not allow that to fester. We are going to find out how much the players are being coached over the next 6 weeks. That’s when we’ll know about Yze. Can he fix the crack that opened today.

Ryan 39 disposals, Serong 38, Brayshaw 31, Young 30, even Fyfe 8 in 1 quarter. 36 clearances to 16. Can't get close with midfield dominating like that.

Too many midgets up forward. We never win a contested mark in our half of the ground. Campbell must have rest... Learn intensity in the VFL.

Reactions: 2 users
Prestia, Tarranto, Hopper, Ross, Graham is a hell of a midfield hole.

I'm not surprised they were punished.

I think a Tarranto, McAuliffe, Sonsie, Hopper, Bolton, Ross midfield next year will be a big improvement.

I still want to see some Riolis tried in there.

Our forward line will look dramatically different with Balta, Lynch and Gibcus as options.

I'm really optimistic about Lefau and Balta as a 1-2 punch for the next 5 or 6 years.

I really like the look of our backline. They have been under the pump all year, and really showed something. I think it's set for a long time. Maybe include Tresize/Bauer to replace some oldies.

Reactions: 8 users
Today was the first crack in the Yze philosophy. Too many took the easy option. The effort must improve. We all know the situation with injuries. The players played a selfish game that we have not seen in a long time. Good coaches do not allow that to fester. We are going to find out how much the players are being coached over the next 6 weeks. That’s when we’ll know about Yze. Can he fix the crack that opened today.
Well said JJD!

Don't mind getting flogged if we play to a plan, hold our structures and bust our guts in the play.

Did none of that today we played individual insipid football.

We've fought hard in every game until today. Was only a matter of time until the players threw in the towel.

We've fought hard in every game until today. Was only a matter of time until the players threw in the towel.
They got frustrated in the end. It's tough when you don't feel the game is being adjudicated fairly. And it is not the first time. I don't blame players for getting frustrated. I think the club is letting them down by not being more vocal about it. I wouldn't feel. Baker is a ball player yet gets no support from the umps. Nank is often penalised simply for being too aggressive. We bemoan weak tackles then you get a strong tackle and its judged too strong. We seemingly cannot win. I think that will make something like 40 games of over -9 free kick differential and not one in the positive. Different players, different opponents, different umpires......why?

I hear noise of affirmation leads to positive counts for home sides in WA & SA. There is possibly no more vocal crowd than the tigers yet noise of affirmation does not apply to us.

It's pretty dis-heartening. I have a lot of empathy for the players.

• Sad
Dissapointing that our leadership group were just so insipid and lacklaster..
Forget Picket he was the least of our problems.
A midfeild centre bounce squad of bolton dusty and baker was insulting.The three just plodded behind spreading freo mids....
Short should simply be dropped

They got frustrated in the end. It's tough when you don't feel the game is being adjudicated fairly. And it is not the first time. I don't blame players for getting frustrated. I think the club is letting them down by not being more vocal about it. I wouldn't feel. Baker is a ball player yet gets no support from the umps. Nank is often penalised simply for being too aggressive. We bemoan weak tackles then you get a strong tackle and its judged too strong. We seemingly cannot win. I think that will make something like 40 games of over -9 free kick differential and not one in the positive. Different players, different opponents, different umpires......why?

I hear noise of affirmation leads to positive counts for home sides in WA & SA. There is possibly no more vocal crowd than the tigers yet noise of affirmation does not apply to us.

It's pretty dis-heartening. I have a lot of empathy for the players.
At present, the umpire could walk into a pack, kick one of our players, probably pay a free to the opposition for umpire contact, and the AFL would sign it off as okay.