Game Day - Tiges V Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Freo

Hard day at the Office but I believe in the hallowed halls of Richmond Football Club, a new era dawns—a testing ground where raw talent meets the crucible of AFL. The next couple of years will be our proving ground, a baptism by fire for the likes of Sonsie, Hugo, Banks, Dow, Young, Miller, MRJ, and Campbell etc and so on .. These young guns, once stuck in the VFL shadows, now step into the spotlight.

The pain? It’s inevitable—the ache of growth, the sting of setbacks. But within this crucible lies hope. If Richmond can forge a nucleus of players, each thread woven tightly, they’ll rise anew. Draft picks, like precious gems, await discovery—adding brilliance to our future. Mid-year drafts, year-end selections—they’re our alchemical mix, transforming potential into gold.

Yet, let’s not be fooled; there’s no quick fix. We’ll lose some along the way—Graham, Baker, Rioli ??? maybe — if they decide to leave sacri Their departure, like autumn leaves, makes space for fresh blooms. And so, we watch—the trading period, a dance of strategy and chance. Will we trade pawns for queens? Only time will tell.

Richmond Tigers, brace yourselves—the pain, the promise—it’s all part of the grand symphony. The crescendo awaits, echoing across the MCG, as young hearts beat in unison. Rise, Tigers, rise! 🐯🔥
Well said. It's all part of the journey. We're back to the early 2010's level again. You can see Hugo, Mozza and Miller as 3 who were looking up at our 1sts and now have stepped into that level all feeling nervous. All part of the learning curve.

Reactions: 1 users
Hard day at the Office but I believe in the hallowed halls of Richmond Football Club, a new era dawns—a testing ground where raw talent meets the crucible of AFL. The next couple of years will be our proving ground, a baptism by fire for the likes of Sonsie, Hugo, Banks, Dow, Young, Miller, MRJ, and Campbell etc and so on .. These young guns, once stuck in the VFL shadows, now step into the spotlight.

The pain? It’s inevitable—the ache of growth, the sting of setbacks. But within this crucible lies hope. If Richmond can forge a nucleus of players, each thread woven tightly, they’ll rise anew. Draft picks, like precious gems, await discovery—adding brilliance to our future. Mid-year drafts, year-end selections—they’re our alchemical mix, transforming potential into gold.

Yet, let’s not be fooled; there’s no quick fix. We’ll lose some along the way—Graham, Baker, Rioli ??? maybe — if they decide to leave sacri Their departure, like autumn leaves, makes space for fresh blooms. And so, we watch—the trading period, a dance of strategy and chance. Will we trade pawns for queens? Only time will tell.

Richmond Tigers, brace yourselves—the pain, the promise—it’s all part of the grand symphony. The crescendo awaits, echoing across the MCG, as young hearts beat in unison. Rise, Tigers, rise! 🐯🔥
You should write a book, that was quite pleasant to read. Sadly it maybe a country mile from the truth....

Reactions: 3 users
Yze really poor with his set up today. As predicted our midfield was smashed early and we never recovered.
Our best midfielder is Shai. He should have been in there from the start. While we are developing our best players should be played in the positions where they can do most damage. With TT out the decision to play Shai up forward took away any chance of sharing clearances and gave them a huge tactical advantage and confidence from which they never looked back.

As for the umpiring imo it is about time Brendon publicly delivered a strongly worded broad side. All he has to do to make a compelling case, is stick to the facts. No harm in that.

Dow, Mansell, McIntosh, Naismith and Ralphsmith likely outs this week. Short who knows.

I didn't mind the patchiness of effort or skill errors...the umpiring is what ruined it as a spectacle.

Loved Miller and Lefau. The backline is pretty good, nobody can survive those entries for a whole game. Stating the obvious but we really miss the leadership of Lynch, Hopper and Taranto.

Keeping an old nank on and letting soldo go was ridulous when it took place ,but now it is clearly one of our great blunders

Reactions: 2 users
Those in here saying Yze can't coach, Nank should be dropped etc need to pull their heads in, that is Richmond of fifteen years ago rubbish, turning on our own.

We are a young side with a million injuries and are playing way out of our depth, we are going to have some bad losses, just enjoy the ride and back the lads in.

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah lot of hand wringing and sniping and teeing off, strange really, but should be used to it I suppose. Criticism is fine sure, but the bottom line is we're rebuilding and we've got a heap of injuries. It ain't rocket surgery.

Reactions: 3 users
Forward line does not function.
the only forward line worse then us is hawthorn

Yeah lot of hand wringing and sniping and teeing off, strange really, but should be used to it I suppose. Criticism is fine sure, but the bottom line is we're rebuilding and we've got a heap of injuries. It ain't rocket surgery.
We seem to be hiding behind our injuries every game.

Good excuse to wallpaper over the coaching, and lack of player effort cracks

The way I see it, at the moment we are a broken team. Too many injuries and the team would know they have little chance of winning until they start getting the top players back. They have a crack but resistance is wading pool deep.
We all just have to ride this period out and hope to see some green shoots.
Past 2 weeks have been rapt to see Hugo have an impact.

Reactions: 4 users
It's such a compromised season for us,I find myself wanting Hawks to win,as winning games without meaning feels empty,and from this season must come a better future.

Forward line does not function.
the only forward line worse then us is hawthorn
This might be a coincidence, but our 3 highest scores of the year are the 3 games Tom Lynch has played. ( and Noah Balta)

• Wow
We seem to be hiding behind our injuries every game.

Good excuse to wallpaper over the coaching, and lack of player effort cracks
Fair enough. I disagree. I think injuries are impacting our performance. The broader issue is the rebuild, we don't have enough good players, because we haven't had top draft picks for 15 years, because we've been near the top of the ladder for 15 years. A lot of the criticism just seems to ignore basic reality IMO. We rebuilding, we're gunna lose games.

Yet, let’s not be fooled; there’s no quick fix. We’ll lose some along the way—Graham, Baker, Rioli ??? maybe — if they decide mmm . Their departure, like autumn leaves, makes space for fresh blooms. And so, we watch—the trading period, a dance of strategy and chance. Will we trade pawns for queens? Only time will tell.

Do you write scripts for the Hallmark channel or for Mills and Boon?

Draft picks are not "precious gems" they are a roll of the dice and a loaded one at that.

Some of those young guns aren't stepping stepping into the spotlight they are stepping into the headlights and are playing as such.

You make no mention of the coaches or match committee who bear a fair bit of the blame for the symphony played today called the "Dance of the sugar plum fairies"

On a more serious note djJazzy did you use AI to write your post?

Just watched the game in delay after a day of dance comps (the adjudicator treated our girls like the RFC BTW so i came into watching this game with an existing dislike for officiators).

I feel so flat today FWIW. Really flat.

Other than maybe Banks I thought the kids stood up well.

I was really disappointed with the experienced boys.

Dusty has great first quarters but runs out of puff. Shai fumbled too much, Short used it poorly, Bakes didn't really get into it, Grimes looks cooked, Vlastuin turned it over too much.

Naismith can't be 2nd ruck going forward. I'm sure he will be worthy back up for Nank but he offers nothing as a 2nd ruck. Jackson ownerd him.

Feeling really flat Would prefer we play more kids instead of these senior blokes that let us down.

Injuries. Re-build. Whatever. It’s the lack of effort, interest and intensity that’s a worry for me. There’s no real excuse for that. Particularly with some of our better players.

We’ve seen it v WCE, Freo now, and in a few individual quarters in other games.

The defensive efforts today (not talking about the backline but around the ground when we didnt have the ball) were just terrible today. General pressure, tackling, getting back etc was really poor.

That’s a concern for me. A few guys need a come to Geezuz chat.

Reactions: 9 users