GAME DAY Tiges vs How I love ya Swanees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges vs How I love ya Swanees

Don't disagree with most of that, I still think at best we are Top 4 H&A. Luck with injuries will determine that.

The next 3 completed rounds throw up a lot of clashes between sides 2-9. I reckon we will be 10-5 after Round 16 and in 4th place on %.

i think our ferocious attack on the pill is back. the pressure is back.

the flow when we have the pill is back.

the worry, and this is the thing for me, is that we need still need our best / oldest players to execute that flow. the (older) kids and depth players are road blocks. RCD, parker, aarts, ross stop momentum.

edwards, lambert, cotchin, prestia. these are the four guys who take the first and second handballs from turnover and get it into space for bolton and martin.

for a variety of reasons these four haven't been able to maintain continuity / form.

I imagine our coaches are feverishly trying to coach offensive spread to our kids, but they just don't instinctively have it. dow is the only 3rd or 4th year player who's showing signs he can do it.

Reactions: 2 users
I absolutely do not subscribe to the view that draft picks are better than finals.

Right now I just don’t think we are good enough. Could we beat anyone on our day in September? Yes ! Could we sustain that for 4 weeks from 7th or 8th ? I don’t believe so.

Footy clubs are built on being competitive and winning. We should try and win every game we play in, that’s our culture, that’s who we are now.

Reactions: 3 users
I absolutely do not subscribe to the view that draft picks are better than finals.

Right now I just don’t think we are good enough. Could we beat anyone on our day in September? Yes ! Could we sustain that for 4 weeks from 7th or 8th ? I don’t believe so.

Footy clubs are built on being competitive and winning. We should try and win every game we play in, that’s our culture, that’s who we are now.
im gonna sit on the fence, while staying optimistic. we continually shown that our best is still (close to) the best. have have had periods of domination in nearly every game we have played. and if we played every week with the composure and killer instinct we played with in finals from 17-20 we would be 10-1.
but we havent. we have also had periods in nearly every game where we have been ineffectual with and without the ball. we have had periods where the opposition have scored too easily. periods where we have looked like the Richmond from the last half of last year.

so the challenges are to find ways to finish our work when we are on top, to play more consistently across the 4 quarters, and stem the flow when we are down.

the coaches now get a week to look at those things and see where we can make changes.

getting Lynch back will help, keeping our backline together will help- hopefully Balta, Gibcus, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin, Baker and Rioli can play most of the rest of the year, with a week or 2 off each. and finding the one or 2 extra mids who can win clearances, and run out games- Dow should be looked at.

and we need to win games so we can aim to enter finals with the likes of Cotch, Prestia, Dusty and Lambert rested and in full fitness.

Reactions: 2 users
Actually, looking at the draw, Carlton/St Kilda have tough draws now, I expect us to finish above them. Cats and Swans slightly easier but we can make up a game on them IMO. If you add up the sum of the ladder positions of the remaining opponents we have an easier run home. I reckon 15/7 and a decent % will secure 4th.

Tigers - Port/Carl/Cats/Eagles/Suns Away/North/Freo/Bris/Port Away/Hawks/Ess - Total 113

Carl - Ess/Us/Dockers/Saints/Eagles Away/Cats/GWS/Adel Away/Lions/Melb/Pies - Total 94

St Kild - Lions/Ess/Swans Away/Carl/Freo/Dogs/Eagles Away/Hawks/Cats/Lions/Syd - Total 87

Swans - Melb/Port Away/Saints/Ess/Dogs/Dockers Away/Crows/Giants/North/Pies/Saints - Total 104

Cats - Dogs/Eagles Away/Us/North/Melb/Carl/Port Away/Dogs/Saints/Suns Away/Eagles - Total 111

We have no room for any slip ups now - burnt at least 2 games and burnt in Adelaide game by umpires (plus our normal seppuku).

You have to think its as open a race as anywhere.

We have no room for any slip ups now - burnt at least 2 games and burnt in Adelaide game by umpires (plus our normal seppuku).

You have to think its as open a race as anywhere.

If we are to play finals then wins against Eagles Suns North Hawks and Essendon are a must. That is 11 wins

Then the 6 games against Port, Carlton, Geelong, Freo Brisbane Port need a minimum of 2 wins - and if we only win just 2 then we are not going to progress very far in the finals - to play finals and 5 if we want to guarantee top 4

All within our ability....provided we only have a few injuries.

Reactions: 1 user
Like I said 3 games we loss this year is on us dumb footy , discipline , failing to put teams away.The tear of RCD , Ross , Stack ,Dow needed to come on only Dow has shown something rest nothing.