Game Day Vs GIANTS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Vs GIANTS

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
We just persist....this Approach hasn’t let us down when our backs have To been do the wall. Why change?
Because you need to pull triggers when the need arises. Tonight was a night with a heavily depleted midfield that this option should have been taken at times. Chasing arse all night doesn’t always come off.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
How good to steal the win.
Great effort by Dusty
I am over the umpires though.

Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
how good is it seeing our next generation get some tough games into their heads.

And a win at that.

Go tigers.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bakes should hit a nightclub and find a misogynist to beat up tonight,

and we'll give him the night off against Brisbane,

and beat those *smile* too

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Great win in the context of the season. Fortunate but take it. Found the big bodied midfielder we were after in RCD. Forward entries & scoreboard pressure still a huge issue. Lynch & Jack are both out of form and we’re not helping by just bombing it into them. Whole system looks messy.

Must leave Balta at full back & play proper second ruck. I’d drop Mansell & Naish for CCJ & Stack for a start, assuming we don’t get any injured players back.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I hope there are a few "supporters" in here that are ready to eat a little Humble Pie and admit some home truths about themselves without "being called out" ;)
You may want to re read a few posts as well...plenty of people worried about how this played out.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Enjoyed your posts tonight, Streak
The positivity was great

I just had this real feeling at halftime that we were going to win. And I felt it all the way through the second half.

I am sure everyone on here has had that feeling, when you just know we will win even though it appears to be out of reach.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
Because you need to pull triggers when the need arises. Tonight was a night with a heavily depleted midfield that this option should have been taken at times. Chasing arse all night doesn’t always come off.
I don’t disagree but I think there is something with the persist methodology that teaches our mob about beng a Richmond Man. This group is really special

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
At some stage tonight, I think it was early in the third quarter when GWS's lead was at its greatest, Gerard Nearly said something stupid like "What a great team GWS are - this is the best we've seen of them all year". I confess at that stage I had given up on the game but wasn't too worried because of the size of our injury list. But I remember thinking to myself, you plonker - they might as well be playing our seconds.

I am really am tired of the obvious bias that some of the commentators have towards the teams prefered by the AFL agenda.

Having said that, they were all over us at the end. Anything else would have made them look like the idiots they are.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I just had this real feeling at halftime that we were going to win. And I felt it all the way through the second half.

I am sure everyone on here has had that feeling, when you just know we will win even though it appears to be out of reach.

great stuff streaker.

I saw 2021 disappearing over the horizon in the 3rd quarter

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
At some stage tonight, I think it was early in the third quarter when GWS's lead was at its greatest, Gerard Nearly said something stupid like "What a great team GWS are - this is the best we've seen of them all year". I confess at that stage I had given up on the game but wasn't too worried because of the size of our injury list. But I remember thinking to myself, you plonker - they might as well be playing our seconds.

I am really am tired of the obvious bias that some of the commentators have towards the teams prefered by the AFL agenda.

Having said that, they were all over us at the end. Anything else would have made them look like the idiots they are.
I try to tune out most of Healy’s drivel, especially when it’s us. He really hates Richmond for some reason, and will always talk us down and our opponents up.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Goddamn game day threads are hilarious.
Congrats Tigers. What an against the odds win.

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Great win in the context of the season. Fortunate but take it. Found the big bodied midfielder we were after in RCD. Forward entries & scoreboard pressure still a huge issue. Lynch & Jack are both out of form and we’re not helping by just bombing it into them. Whole system looks messy.

Must leave Balta at full back & play proper second ruck. I’d drop Mansell & Naish for CCJ & Stack for a start, assuming we don’t get any injured players back.
I thought Naish was solid.

Mansell might be a decent player if he ever gets a free kick for getting his head taken off weekly.

Reactions: 6 users