GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

How arrogant are port. Still talking about which jumper they should wear for the grand final.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
they have only played 1 game in the last month

good luck in the first 10 mins!! and the last 10!

Finally allowed time to get on early and post pre-game:
- So much reference especially by PA to prior H&A game. May not be that relevant with such different contexts, line-ups and form since then. Could be a big trap to base too much on
- Must at least balance out CLRs and midfield battles and get it into our FL fast. Their defence must be stormed and will be overcome
- Cotch and Tom to get off the angry pills; tackle hard between hip and shoulder; no silly frees that give up crucial FL possessions
- If we follow the Moggs' example of team defence on Dixon, he can be held accountable. Tackle him hard but fair if he gets it. Dave to do the job
- One of my most exciting hopes is that this frees up Noah to spend time forward as well as ruck against Ladhams. He can still provide back-up for our defence if required although Broad is there too. When we struggle with F50 bombing, one reason is I think due to both Tom and Jack not being super-quick. Balta forward changes that; he can be a fast-leading target who is powerful in the air and a magnificent kick when he gets it. His strength and spring is good enough to compete with Ladhams when at CBs and stoppages
- Alternatively, we need to consider some long kicking from the kick-ins to get the ball beyond their set-up which is good at locking the ball in for further shots at goal. Several guys capable
- SFs have vital roles to curb the quality rebound kicking PA get from both Houston and Hartlett who set up attacks; must impose intense pressure. Having Shai wandering around is a huge bonus. Only needs a few seconds to find target
- We finally got a fair go* from dumps in Saints SF although some 'interesting interpretations' when it seemed there was some incentive to revive fortunes in the 2nd half. Don't expect it* this game. Same as in H&A game, the noise of affirmation from the ferals will be impossible to resist, of course. We will be pinged for really minor things and look to penalise us with 50s if slightest opportunity. Expect a reaming which will make it very tough to win
- As Zips posted, what does the AFL appointment of B. Pickett and S. Black for GF presentations tell you? And Port's 150 anniversary. Big thank you to QLD etc.
- It's going to be an incredible victory if we can do it. But we can. There are signs of us not being at our best, Soldo a huge loss (thanks Hawkins!!!), some guys aging. But we are still good enough if we reduce our errors, maximise our chances and crack that defence apart.
- We will be tackled so much more than by Saints; so need to watch FA and turnovers, get hands free, release the pill or just hold it in where possible
- GK accuracy might be the determinant so hopefully we can greatly curb their close-range run-in goals with high pressure defence
- Surely we'll be testing Marshall's shoulder and if Dursma is right

Sorry if I have repeated what many others have said. But really excited and positive. However, if we fail, good luck to PA. At least they play a mirror-brand of footy to us. If we aren't good enough tonight, so be it. The boys and club have done everyone proud in an incredibly difficult year, as they have for a long time. Covid may well determine the flag for '20.
If we go down fighting, we still have the enormous comfort of the two fantastic premierships. We'll be back as a contender in 2021. As per norm, I'm quietly confident. Port plenty of young players, we have the experience, they have the huge HT pressure. One game in a month is a real negative too.

GO TIGES!

Reactions: 7 users
Well, the Kiss of Death has spoken:

IF ...​

I'm going to say something this week that has the potential to leave egg on the face ...

THEN ...​

it's this: the Tigers will be eliminated on Friday night, the era's finished.

So it’s Tigers all the way!
Yep, Parrott tipping against us is usually a good omen.

Port are clearly going to attack our players to try and engage a response and 50m penalties.
I really hope the players are switched on to ignore this and realise that we have got in their heads. Just beat then on football skill.
they will go after lynch im tipping , im worried about him getting reported should we win , the AFL would love to rub him out for a GF

Reactions: 1 user
So nervous

My dream of a RIchmond GF at the Gabba is only one win away. Got an email from the club yesterday about GF ticket details. WTF? I don't want to know about that. Can't bring myself to even think about it.

I'm not confident about it at all. I've got a feeling that this is one game too many in our season. They are a contested beast of a team. It will be the equivalent of GWS PF in 2017 in terms of balance of support. Daunting and intimidating. They have too many reasons to win and we have too many reasons to fall apart.

We never say never but a 10 goal+ loss wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Steady drizzle atm.
AO drains well but it will be slippery.
Hope we wear right boots this week.