Gameday .... Round 17 .... Us versus Them | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday .... Round 17 .... Us versus Them

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Feeling like the good old / bad old days.....

If we wanted to be hated as once we were...... mission accomplished!

Richmond versus the rest! Good versus Evil..!

Us by 15 ...... #gotiges

Reactions: 4 users
Cats have been on fire lately. Look the real deal finally but we are in their heads. Interesting ruck choice by them too. If we had decided not to play a legit ruckman we would've been called cocky and arrogant... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
We will dismantle these *smile*.

tigers by 27

look at their form-line; everyone they've beat isnt very good.

tonight is their first proper tough game. will buckle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Won or lost in the midfield.
Expecting a big improvement from Nank

We will dismantle these *smile*.

tigers by 27

look at their form-line; everyone they've beat isnt very good.

tonight is their first proper tough game. will buckle.
Hope so Ezy.
What’s junior Ezy’s outlook for tonight.

Interesting game. Really want to win so we finish with the double chance. I'm not one for omens but I note that all of our past 3 flags have included losses to Geelong in home and away season but with subsequent wins against them in the finals.

*smile* St.Kilda :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Interesting game. Really want to win so we finish with the double chance. I'm not one for omens but I note that all of our past 3 flags have included losses to Geelong in home and away season but with subsequent wins against them in the finals.

*smile* St.Kilda :mad:
Yeah, feel the same Riddles. I get the feeling we,ll go down tonight but hit back in the finals.

Reactions: 1 user
this year I've been detached from the idea of tipping and getting hung up on results. I still consider it something of a non-season.
The Covid Cup.
Tonight is a little different for obvious reasons - it's 'them'. But i still have that non-feeling which so far this year means we win.
Eat Em Alive by 23 points.

Big test tonight. The spotlight will definitely be on us especially if we lose.

The intensity we brought against West Coast is the bare minimum. Anything less and we lose.

I know we dont just rely on these blokes but if we are to win our leaders need to play blinders - Cotchin, Jack, Martin, Grimes and Lynch.

Reactions: 1 users
The bulldogs for 1 Quarter and Eagles for a half really put the heat on the Pussies and they wilted. We can win if we bring our A game heat for most of the game. Anything less and the Cats will win by 5 goals

Reactions: 2 users
Never forget that Richmond are the Men in Black. We are the evil ones, not the prissy little pushy cats. Apart from that, I agree with every word.

It is much more fun to be evil anyway.

Very tough game. Geelong are a lot better this year. Look at their win-lose-win-lose record last year, not the same this year. Finals will still test Geelong but they look to have a better run into finals this year and the shorter quarters and shorter season will only assist them.

My main worry is that we don't play well enough and are not competitive. Last year's big loss to Geelong was bad, but early in the season. In 2017 we lost narrowly, down in Geelong, and knew we could beat them by playing a little better at the 'G.

We can win this but it will be very hard. We can also lose and still be in the race for the flag, just makes it much harder.

DS

WC got 4 F50 frees. Don’t know how many were goals.
st Kilda got 2.

We will lose by at least 4 goals. I'm not being pessimistic, but realistic. I just think Geelong are well ahead of us atm.

Hope so Ezy.
What’s junior Ezy’s outlook for tonight.

Hes playing his cards pretty close to his chest. But i can tell you he has as mych disdain for greg-brian as me, maybe more.

Been wet up here. Think the rain will have passed but be greasy tonight.

I suspect Chaos will prevail

Dont beleive the hype. Last time cats played anyone decent on their home deck, they lost.

Last edited:
In normal circumstances, it would be an oppurtune time to question the legality of Hawkins double-motion action of marking every. single. time.

Two-takes-Tommy is a blight on the game, his approach to marking contests never even considered by the games great aerialists ...it was just assumed to be cheating.
The real art in marking involves many talents... ball reading, acceleration, body positioning, subtle hip movements, a well timed leap & clean hands being just a few...but NO BLOODY preordained, independent pushout bulltish on an off balance opponent!!!
What the hell is going on? ..Commentators see it, never mention it & just drool over the guy.
I'm over it ..& no doubt will again be tonight.
If you want an example of how to do it Two-Takes, just watch your opponent tonight Noah Balta, who unlike you, is someone for young kids to aspire to...a true artiste in the profession who never leaves any doubts as to how he has won the contest.

I say in normal times, but our 4 year domination & a couple of unseemlies of late have put a target on our backs.....no public wingeing from officialdom...its not our style anyway.

• Haha
They get em every week

Darling and Kennedy are the anti- lynch and Jack
What about the one Oscar Allen got in the goal square? It was either 2nd or 4th quarter. Against Geary for holding; barely touched him. Jack or Lynch wouldn't get that free kick if they played 1000 games each.

• Angry
What about the one Oscar Allen got in the goal square? It was either 2nd or 4th quarter. Against Geary for holding; barely touched him. Jack or Lynch wouldn't get that free kick if they played 1000 games each.

It was late in the last with 2pts in it. And no he barely touched him. Horrible match sealing decision. I dont know what comes over the umps.