Gameday .... Round 17 .... Us versus Them | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday .... Round 17 .... Us versus Them

What about the one Oscar Allen got in the goal square? It was either 2nd or 4th quarter. Against Geary for holding; barely touched him. Jack or Lynch wouldn't get that free kick if they played 1000 games each.
The umps LOVE to pay soft frees to forwards (and ruck duels) that don’t get paid anywhere else on the ground. And they LOVE to pay these soft frees at crucial moments.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
What about the one Oscar Allen got in the goal square? It was either 2nd or 4th quarter. Against Geary for holding; barely touched him. Jack or Lynch wouldn't get that free kick if they played 1000 games each.
Yeah last.
Nothing in it, yet Balta got one paid against him against Freo.
Don’t start me on Lynch & Jack. They , especially Jack gets nothing, even if he gets his head ripped off.

Last edited:
The umps LOVE to pay soft frees to forwards (and ruck duels) that don’t get paid anywhere else on the ground. And they LOVE to pay these soft frees at crucial moments.
And they love to pay them to West Coast and Collingwood.

Yeah last.
Nothing it, yet Balta got one paid against him against Freo.
Don’t start me on Lynch & Jack. They , especially Jack gets nothing, even if he gets his head ripped off.
Yeah I still laugh at that Gold Coast game where Jack was going for a mark and sooky la la Collins was running with his back to the ball and whacked Jack in the head in an attempt to spoil. Play on!

Commentators said Collins was brave :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
We got to pay our natural game have a good start.Media making it cats a some super team dogs had them on toast with similar game style of ours fast quick furious footy and alot of pressure on the ball carrier and good ball delivery into the forward 50 not allowing there defence to sweep it up.We got take advantage of the ruck and win our fair share of clearances and hard ball starts there.Bring the heat on them we do that the best like no other team and they struggle with it so our forwards a super important.Need a collective 22 performance.

Weather update. 21 degs on the Gold Coaat, scattered clouds. Don't expect we will see any more rain. Ground might have some residual dampness but I expect decent conditions.

Reactions: 4 users
You know what's funny? Midfielders get arms wrapped around them at every other stoppage and yet if a backman or ruckman did it there would be a free nearly every time.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
'This is Geelong's Premiership to Lose'

Love these headlines, pressure building.

Let's hope we can contribute to their demise, if not tonight but when it really matters.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Let's hope we can contribute to their demise, if not tonight but when it really matters.

That's interesting from Carey. He and Nick Riewoldt have been the only media "experts" that have been consistently on the Tiger wagon over the past 3-4 seasons Now Duck has jumped off and hitched a ride with the Cats.

Time will tell I guess.

Have seen this most weeks on club website: Top 5 Tigers from club we're playing that week:

Top five Cats-turned-Tigers . . .

1. Graeme Landy:
54 games, 31 goals for Geelong, 1975-1978 and 1987-1988; 120 games, 38 goals for Richmond, 1979-1986.

2. Josh Caddy: 71 games, 59 goals for Geelong, 2013-2016; 69 games, 84 goals for Richmond, 2017-2020. Dual premiership player (2017, 2019).

3. Gareth Andrews: 136 games, 127 goals for Geelong, 1965-1974; 31 games, 1 goal for Richmond, 1974-1975. Premiership player (1974).

4. Paul Sarah: 128 games, 204 goals for Geelong, 1972-1980; 37 games, 51 goals for Richmond, 1980-1983.

5. Craig Biddiscombe: 34 games, 6 goals for Geelong, 1995-1998; 44 games, 7 goals for Richmond, 1999-2003

Biddiscombe top 5?, Where's Andy Preston?

Reactions: 1 user
You know what's funny? Midfielders get arms wrapped around them at every other stoppage and yet if a backman or ruckman did it there would be a free nearly every time.
Exactly.
Umpires , especially Chambermaid loves to give ones to the opp in the F50.
Cant forget the one against us when Diverfield flung himself through the air in a single bound’ without a touch in last years PF against the Cats.

We have had a good rest between games. Side will be primed to fire. Expecting big games from Bolton, Martin, Cotch and Lynch. Balta to destroy Hawkins.

"Two teams with the same goal"
- Um,... no *smile* sherlock.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I didn't think that was a bad decision personally, Geary did not object at all, he wrapped his arms around him too early and wasn't looking at the ball. Geary panicked. The ball should not have got there, the saints guy (44?) should have smothered Darling's kick instead of going to tackle him.