Gameday V Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday V Suns

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Jack Graham must always be in our best side. He offers the ability to close down on an opposing mid that gets off the chain. He does this so much better any other player on our list. One percenters galore. Tough strong and team oriented. (Hi to Rory Sloane.)

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Percentage the winner today.

Hard to really criticise or praise our players overly. Not enough pressure all over the park to make comments relevant to last week or next week's game.

Reactions: 1 user

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Jack Graham must always be in our best side. He offers the ability to close down on an opposing mid that gets off the chain. He does this so much better any other player on our list. One percenters galore. Tough strong and team oriented. (Hi to Rory Sloane.)

Agree with you Achilles but he has to keep his game at its best. With a healthy list he might get squeezed out by a fit/in form Ross. What RFC loses in tackles it gains in clearances.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Haven't watched the game but on AFL.com.au had Ellis & Kmac in our best, are they wrong?

So very wrong. Ellis was OK and KMac got better in the second but there were 15 players better than them in our team.

Last edited:

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
Didn't like the interview with Ellis at half time, already talking about the Giants next week.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure if we did or didn’t, however with the game over at half time we should have been able to manage certain players, get miles into the legs of the ones who have just come back and midfield time for the likes of Bolton.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
While we’d all take a 90+ point winning margin, I think it’s fair to say our second half was fairly crap. I’m not concerned about the score but discipline and ruthless mindset were lacking. That’s what I wanted to see and what the team needs to learn.

Ye be a harsh laddie fastin. 78 up at half time, won by 92. Players aren't robots, and the opposition does play a part. Its a very rare flogging where the dominant side doesn't have a flat patch and the dominated doesn't give a momentary yelp. We were never going to win by 156. :cool:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought broad played ok today

Broady was great eddy.

had a good seat on the wing today and broad put heaps of great ball i50 and took heaps of good marks.

you see how much ground he covers and how fast live too. Ripper game.

I couldn't fit him into my votes, but he was certainly top 5 for me.

I was surprised to see cotchy widespread best. I don't doubt it, but didn't really see it live.

I wrestled with my votes between Dion, Lambo, $hai, George, Sheds and Broady (didnt have cotchy in the internal conversation)

I settled on $hai for BOG. His first quarter set the tone and he played 4 quarters.

Jeez Lambert is a great player. He could be the most underrated player in the game. does/has everything.

Reactions: 2 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Loved the game today. Just so much skill and x-factor in the team.

That’s where we’ve improved over last year - instead of the likes of conca and Lloyd, we have stack and Bolton.

Only minor negative was I thought we looked ever so slightly shaky down back.

I actually think grimes had a poor game. By his very high standards.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Ye be a harsh laddie fastin. 78 up at half time, won by 92. Players aren't robots, and the opposition does play a part. Its a very rare flogging where the dominant side doesn't have a flat patch and the dominated doesn't give a momentary yelp. We were never going to win by 156. :cool:
Fair enough
yeh you may be right snake. I enjoyed the win regardless

Feb 25, 2007
So very wrong. Ellis was OK and KMac got better in the second but there were 15 players better than them in our team.

Macintosh had a terrible game, cost us goals, couldn't hit a target to save himself.

Last edited:

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Do you recon some posters are being more well behaved because they don’t want to be ignored? I think it works as a deterrent. The new Pre seems much more positive

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Kmac and Broad are out of form.

Short has always had question marks over his lack of defensive pressure and today against a lowly team it was there for all to see. NOt only that but his kicking was below par. TBH, would rather have Naish in.

What does Graham add?

The Egg started a bit shaky but warmed into the part nicely. He is a very reliable kick.
Yep short went at 72% but he had a bad day I don’t think so.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Do you recon some posters are being more well behaved because they don’t want to be ignored? I think it works as a deterrent. The new Pre seems much more positive

More inclined to think a 92pt win tempers the ferals. Wait till we only win by 28pts and see them back out again

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
We've only beaten Saints and Suns after losing 3 in a row so not sure it is time to get carried away.