General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Doubt he’s going from $1.6m over 2 years to $1.8m over 4 years MD. Not much to be gained from that. Doubt that’s what got him sold on the Cats.

They were saying on radio this morning it’s something in the vicinity of $2.3m to $2.5m over 4 years ie $575k to $625k per year.

That would be more accurate for sure. He aint gunna essentially play years 3 & 4 for free.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Doubt he’s going from $1.6m over 2 years to $1.8m over 4 years MD. Not much to be gained from that. Doubt that’s what got him sold on the Cats.

They were saying on radio this morning it’s something in the vicinity of $2.3m to $2.5m over 4 years ie $575k to $625k per year.
Geelong could need to salary dump in a couple of years, offering JB plus pick 14 to take his 2 year 1.2 mill contract. Collingwood take him and spread it to 1.5 over 3 years. It could end up like a plutonium half- life and he plays until he's 45!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeh, I'm not sure Bowes is the complete dud many are making him out to be.
He's not a complete dud but he's nowhere near the level of Taranto and Hopper. He was in the same draft class as Taranto but has found himself playing HBF and in the twos, behind Brayden Fiorini in the pecking order when a spot in the midfield opened up in the team that finished 12th.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm putting my tin foil hat on. Please bear with me.

Geelong claiming they had good intel on Jack Bowes from Gary Ablett. He retired two years ago. His last year at the Suns was 2017. Five years ago.

THAT WAS BOWES FIRST YEAR!!! I'm calling major BS. But somehow, the Cats have been into him for a while. Their words.

Who would've had prior knowledge of expansion clubs running close to full tilt on their salary cap? That stuff comes from head office.

Now I wonder what S.Hocking intel they had to know that Bowes was THE most overplayed player at the Suns.

And premier with 800k in it's cap? I get some vets MIGHT leave money on the table to get a shot at a flag but NOT all of them.

Jezza Camerons don't come cheap. Makes you think.

And when Richmond announced Hopper and Timmy T, there was a huge outcry. Seems to be more of a "what a well run team Geelong are."

Last edited:
Reactions: 34 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Talented yes, 3 flankers instead of mids or a swingman? That's not spot on from my perspective.
Best available at that point in the draft is my guess. I’m not unhappy with any of them, they all look like very solid players that possess great foot skills? Hard to knock them really

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Geelong claiming they had good intel on Jack Bowes from Gary Ablett. He retired two years ago. His last year at the Suns was 2017. Five years ago.

THAT WAS BOWES FIRST YEAR!!! I'm calling major BS. But somehow, the Cats have been into him for a while. Their words.

Who would've had prior knowledge of expansion clubs running close to full tilt on their salary cap? That stuff comes from head office.

Now I wonder what S.Hocking intel they had to know that Bowes was THE most overplayed player at the Suns.

And premier with 800k in it's cap? I get some vets MIGHT leave money on the table to get a shot at a flag but NOT all of them.

And when Richmond announced Hopper and Timmy T, there was a huge outcry. Seems to be more of a "what a well run team Geelong are."
You don't need to wear a tin foil hat to understand what is going on between the AFL and Geelong Scoop.

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You can see how this went down.

Shocking - Hey Chris, before I left the AFL I had a squizz at everyones TPP. The GC are in a world of hurt, they have a kid on a heap of coin who isn't playing for them
Salty - Oh right, why do I care?
Shocking - Well Chris, we need to do our next screwjob over the comp and we need to give Mackie a bit of a leg up in his first draft, we just need them to be able to salary dump a bit easier. Maybe ask Gaz about this Bowes kid.

Salty - Hey Gaz, whats the go with this Bowes kid?
Gaz - He was ok.
Salty - Thanks

Salty - Hey Shocko, Gaz says that Bowes kids a gun
Shocking - Cool, cool, maybe give Brad a call

Salty - Hey bruv, we need another favour from you
Brad - Another one? Its all starting to look a bit suss
Salty - Don't worry about, we are Geelong, the greatest team of all
Brad - Ok you've sold me haha. What do you need.
Salty - Fudge it so that teams are allowed to give picks to salary dump
Brad - How does that help you?
Salty - You'll find out soon

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Straight up for Hopper its a deal. And pick 30.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh, I'm not sure Bowes is the complete dud many are making him out to be

No way is he a complete dud.

He was a mainstay of suns vfl side that made the prelim.

The issue is that suns saw fit to pay him significantly more than danny rioli.

I know theres the TPP to meet, but even factoring that in,

Theres acute incompetence somewhere.

Which is a perfect dot point on a CV for a 6 figure AFL gig

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Theres acute incompetence somewhere.

Which is a perfect dot point on a CV for a 6 figure AFL gig
"Tell me about yourself."
"I'm a useless *smile* but I went to school with the AFL's Head of Useless *smile*, and besides you know I'll bring the goods to the Birdcage. White Line Fever, amirite?"
"Can you bring some to Old Xavs v Uni Blues next Saturday?"
"You know it!"
"750k alright?"

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Geelong have been in on this for quite a while.

This deal was done under the table some time ago no doubt in my mind.

More lies spin and smoke and mirrors, but because its Geelong the AFL's golden Child its ok ..........Play On !!

Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Think we need to keep Hugo.He will mature and get better.And why is Hopper in demand?Got to be more than wanting to play with the Tiges.