General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

If they want Balta we walk away and look at Hopper end of next year as free agent
Any chance we sort of had an 'in principle' deal, tied to us acting in good faith on Taranto and now McCartney, Bartel, Matthews and even Kingsley are attempting to screw us?

I know the talking heads in the media basically always put the onus on the club who's made the commitment to bring a player in to get the deal done, but it shouldn't be at any cost.
Still hope we're prepared to walk and tell Hopper to take his grievances up with GWS.

Putting aside McCartney's undoubtedly heroic deads in relation to Bali.... it doesn't mean he gets a lifetime pass in every dealing he has in relation to his job. Matthews has always been a bombastic character and Bartel is starting to come over as a bit of a smartarse these days imo. (No wonder he wants the AFL footy ops gig!)

Bruhn to Pussies for pick 18 to GWS
But they expect F1 pick + 30 + player (Soldo) from us

Reactions: 1 user
Bruhn to Pussies for pick 18 to GWS
But they expect F1 pick + 30 + player (Soldo) from us
I just wasted 60 seconds of my life i won't get back
His highlights are shitthouse.
A goal from the goal square
A tackle
A mark inside 50 all by himself
Yippee

• Haha
GWS are going to have half of the top 20 picks the way things are shaping. I bags them for the mock draft. All you other campigners can wait till I’m done thanks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Me puts trade radio on for an update if any.

Hears nothing but circle jerking over Geeling oh how good are they oh the lifestyle oh they go it do well oh they are better than everyone oh everyone wants to play there ffs!

Its almost as if the media are pushing a propaganda campaign.

The sycophantry is next level

Switches off.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Bully, I acknowledge that Mitchell is good at getting his hands on the ball but he needs to have quality outside mids to give it too. Taranto is physically a bigger player and can kick a goal. Mitchell needs to be inside 30 metres to make the distance if having a shot. His metres gained is just about negative as he scuttles sideways and backwards rather than going forward. Think there is a good reason that Sydney let him go and that Hawthorn are receptive to a trade.
I generally think the football world is very harsh on Tom Mitchell, here's a guy who came to the Hawks for a late first rounder, he has delivered a Brownlow & has 97 votes since he arrived, he's been the value pick compared to O'Meara & he has been in the top 5 contested ball winners in the AFL for close to a decade. Having witnessed the fan disdain for a guy like Wayne Campbell, I have a bit more respect for meat & potatoes footballers, not every player bounds away like the Bont but if they are getting first use then you are half way there. We definitely need some classy finishers, funnily enough Bowes kind of represents that but doesn't have the runs on the board, certainly not in the midfield. That is one risk I would have taken but the Cats have stolen the booty. Nevermind, the draft is the next battalion, got to back yourself in, big year looming.

Reactions: 2 users
Bruhn for pick 18. GWS have done well there.

If it is a F1, 30, Soldo with later pick(s) back our way - We are getting Hopper on the cheap in comparison.

Different level of footballer.

Reactions: 3 users
Didnt both Carlton and Melbourne Storm acheive the impossible?

Not sure how rugby works but players are contracted to the AFL so when clubs sign them all up it is literally impossible to end up over because it is all centralised.

The only way you could cheat it is Carlton style by deliberately making payments outside the system but I can't imagine anyone would do that now, with the incredibly heavy scrutiny and tools available to the investigators.

Yes - it is weird - I don’t get the whole fire sale thing.

Surely when the AFL checks the books, and even when a Board, or management check the books, surely they have the simplistic excel spread sheet that shows what is going to happen, 1, 2, 3 years out and someone somewhere says, hang on a minute, you need to be able to pay for a full list plus all these back ended contracts and it ant going to work.
I’m convinced whoever runs the spreadsheet at collingwood And suns didn’t drag the sum function over the correct cells or made some other basic error then the work experience kid at afl House picked it up and was like we have a problem Here.

GWS are going to end up with so many picks it's like their debut draft into the comp

Reactions: 1 users
GWS are going to end up with so many picks it's like their debut draft into the comp
It's like this every second year.

Young players are dreading every trade for a draft pick they make.

Reactions: 2 users
GWS are going to have half of the top 20 picks the way things are shaping. I bags them for the mock draft. All you other campigners can wait till I’m done thanks
Don't worry this will happen in the next 5 yrs when the decent players they picked up this year want out

If geelong is permitted to spread Bowes contract over four years then that is out and out rorting.
Absolute BS if the afl allows that arrangement.
Just further corruption of the game.
What is happening to SPORT??!!

Reactions: 7 users