General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

Good to see Geelong getting called out.

Mackie the new Dodoro.

Players you are going after.
Henry - a pick 17 2 years ago - how about pick 38
Bruhn - a pick 12 2 years ago - haven't even offered a pick yet it seems

Ratagulea - a pick 43 6 years ago for less than 10 games / year - we want a 1st, that Pick 8 Port have looks nice.

Certainly more Dodoro than Wells or Hartley.

Reactions: 11 users
This salary spreading is BS. If a club can take Bowes on and then take his 2 year (currently) guaranteed salary, they should be required to honour it. Full stop. If GC could ask him to drop his 2 year contract to the same over 4 years scenario they may not have to give up pick 7 to fix their salary cap. The result to Bowes is the same whether it is GC or Geelong paying him. You take on the salary of the player and you are getting a sweetener like a top 7 pick - then you MUST honour it.

Mockery otherwise.
The Suns could have smoothed it out over 4 years too.

Reactions: 1 users
Mackie the new Dodoro.

Players you are going after.
Henry - a pick 17 2 years ago - how about pick 38
Bruhn - a pick 12 2 years ago - haven't even offered a pick yet it seems

Ratagulea - a pick 43 6 years ago for less than 10 games / year - we want a 1st, that Pick 8 Port have looks nice.

Certainly more Dodoro than Wells or Hartley.
Mackie is a *smile* idiot. Every player is a "ripping kid" :rolleyes: . Could he be more jingoistic?

I had the misfortune of standing at a table next to one he was on at the races a few years back. He was still playing footy at the time. Absolute arrogant *smile* who thought his sh!t didn't stink. Total w@nker.

Reactions: 2 users
What player or manager would be comfortable working for 4 years rather than 2 for the same overall amount of money?
That what is reported will happen when he gets to the Cats, plus the added bonus, he comes with pick 7.........it's all a little stinky, doesn't matter where he ends up.

Port offers pick 33 for VFL player Ratugolea but it’s not good enough for the Pussies
Meanwhile GWS director of football some guy called Jimmy Bartel tells North to hold firm on trade negotiations and not throw away Horne Francis

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Mackie is a *smile* idiot. Every player is a "ripping kid" :rolleyes: . Could he be more jingoistic?

I had the misfortune of standing at a table next to one he was on at the races a few years back. He was still playing footy at the time. Absolute arrogant *smile* who thought his sh!t didn't stink. Total w@nker.
Has a BIG reputation for being a wanker. One of the mouthiest players on the field too apparently.

Yeah you can tell it's his first time running trade period negotiations and not Wells.

That what is reported will happen when he gets to the Cats, plus the added bonus, he comes with pick 7.........it's all a little stinky, doesn't matter where he ends up.
It won't happen. If might be smoothed out but will be more money overall, and more money p.a. than he could earn driving an uber.

By that I mean he won't play an extra 2 years for an extra $150k.

Last edited:

Looks like one too

GWS now looking at Balta. Surely if it's Balta we are giving its a direct swap for Hopper and we keep the F1 and 31?

Reactions: 3 users
And a massively overrated soft *smile* footballer who rode on the coat tails of some all-time greats.

GWS now looking at Balta. Surely if it's Balta we are giving its a direct swap for Hopper and we keep the F1 and 31?

We should tell them with Balta its the same rules as at the strippers. You are welcome to look, but you are not allowed to touch.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users