General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

Did Kingsley leave on good terms?
Maybe he has a bee in his bonnet and is playing draft hardball.
As many have said they already have a bucketful of picks.
Or maybe they are pissed at Dennis leaving and want to keep him waiting and waiting and....

Sounds like lolnorf are going to make Horny walk to the PSD. Punishment.

Reactions: 1 user
18 for Tanner Prawn,

Makes 12 + 19 for our taranto

Look like a steal.

Get *smile* cats.

Reactions: 2 users
If geelong is permitted to spread Bowes contract over four years then that is out and out rorting.
Absolute BS if the afl allows that arrangement.
Just further corruption of the game.
What is happening to SPORT??!!

Non-issue. Contracts are re-negotiated all the time.

Most players that switch clubs under contract do.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how rugby works but players are contracted to the AFL so when clubs sign them all up it is literally impossible to end up over because it is all centralised.

The only way you could cheat it is Carlton style by deliberately making payments outside the system but I can't imagine anyone would do that now, with the incredibly heavy scrutiny and tools available to the investigators.
You keep saying this but its simply not true

The AFL & the AFLPAI are signatories to the 2017-2022 CBA

The contracts are between players and clubs & the below excerpts are straight form the CBA document, if you would like a copy , PM me & I can send you

1665118270776.png
1665118334107.png
1665118366862.png
1665118463364.png
1665118502960.png

Non-issue. Contracts are re-negotiated all the time.

Most players that switch clubs under contract do.
You would certainly know more about this stuff than me, Leysy
I just reckon it makes a sham of a process. What's stopping a club from stretching the payments over five, seven or more years? I know it would still be included in TPP cap but spread so far it would be minimal impost.
I accept I am not very nuanced about these things but it troubles me when geelong can orchestrate such a trade.
It's not about Bowes. It's about pick #7

You would certainly know more about this stuff than me, Leysy
I just reckon it makes a sham of a process. What's stopping a club from stretching the payments over five, seven or more years? I know it would still be included in TPP cap but spread so far it would be minimal impost.
I accept I am not very nuanced about these things but it troubles me when geelong can orchestrate such a trade.
It's not about Bowes. It's about pick #7
The player would have to agree. Bowes would know he's not starting 22 and most likely be delisted after the 2 years of his remaining contract, so agreed to move with a further 2 years added at geelong at a much reduced rate. A top line player wouldn't agree to spread the contract over a longer period at a lower pay.

This situation would be very rare and brought about by Gold Coasts incompetence. Geelong obviously had AFL intel and pounced after the AFL changed the rules for them.

Cats lose out ridiculously if the pick trade with Brisbane went as reported.

Basically traded picks 38,48,55 and future 2nd and 4th rounders for Henry
It’s on
from Cal Twomey pick swap in the works. Brisbane looks set to send pick 25 to Geelong in return for picks 38, 48, 55, a future second rounder and a future fourth

So the Cats will probably end up with Bowes, Bruhn, Henry and Pick 7. As much as I don't like them they are a well run club.

How the *smile* are Brisbane gonna get Dunkley? Instead of trading down they are trading away early picks for junk picks. The only thing they have left is next years rd1 pick to offer.

It’s on
Bigfrom Cal Twomey pick swap in the works. Brisbane looks set to send pick 25 to Geelong in return for picks 38, 48, 55, a future second rounder and a future fourth
Cats reading the depth exceptionally well, super hand & they clearly value the cattle this year. Picks 7 & 25 perfect weight for the talent on offer.

They need the volume of junk picks this year for points for Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Dunno how Dunkley gets done though.

Cats reading the depth exceptionally well, super hand & they clearly value the cattle this year. Picks 7, 18 & 25 perfect weight for the talent on offer.

Not sure about that.

18 is gone & 25 will be for Henry.

They paid well overs for Bruhn. Makes Taranto trade a steal in comparison.

Reactions: 1 users
So the Cats will probably end up with Bowes, Bruhn, Henry and Pick 7. As much as I don't like them they are a well run club.
So are we, but we seem to cop the sh!t too often from all angles.

Reactions: 1 users
Cats reading the depth exceptionally well, super hand & they clearly value the cattle this year. Picks 7 & 25 perfect weight for the talent on offer.
you'd think 25 needs to go back to GC for the Bowes deal and they'll need to chop pick 7 into 2 picks to send one to collingwood for Henry.