General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Anyone notice all the trades predicted in the media worked out?

It’s all pre-arranged and they release them day by day
Shams.
If we had to wait till the last minute to see Mitchell go to Collingwood and Lobb to Footscary. They need to stop broadcasting it as a big deal.
It's 10 days of absolute bullshiit

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So I’m trying to remember, despite no F2, can they trade their F1 for a range of other F picks ?

Trying to work how/if they can move up in the draft to secure Clark. Right now 7 is very precarious.

No I don't think so. I think they need a F2, 3 and 4 for the value of their 1st and whatever upgrade they pay for, so I don't think it happens. They will be hoping Clark is there at 7. It will be tight. He won't go in the 1st 5 picks, but there are then 2 picks between the top 5 and the Geelong pick. Hawks and GC with those picks.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And a Geelong Falcons co-captain, damn he's going to miss living in Moe By The Sea :p

Maybe he has some recollection of this amazing new bit of technology that Henry didn't know existed..........................................A CAR

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I assume they didn't mention the 1 they traded out??
No but told him he had to cancel one out.

He was also all over Hopper when he thought he was going to the cats. Now saying he never wanted him despite another cats supporter calling him out on it. I just texted that I believe him as he only seems to rate failed first round picks from other clubs... He didnt like that.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
No I don't think so. I think they need a F2, 3 and 4 for the value of their 1st and whatever upgrade they pay for, so I don't think it happens. They will be hoping Clark is there at 7. It will be tight. He won't go in the 1st 5 picks, but there are then 2 picks between the top 5 and the Geelong pick. Hawks and GC with those picks.
Hawks get him at 6 and when he cries to go home in a couple of years, Hawks ask for two first round picks. That's what I would do!! :eyes

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon he’s still a big chance to go top 5.

Whatever, it’s way too close for comfort. Providing that is, Clark is their guy. Could be someone else, but not from what I’m hearing. Maybe they’re throwing red herrings.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
What a horror trade period for Hawthorn.

Traded out their 2 best mids and maybe their best forward. Brought in 3 players who may turn good but don't appear to be superstars (Stephens, Meek and Amon) and most importantly, despite taking on the salary for at least part of Mitchell / JOM they haven't improved their draft hand AT ALL in the 1st 2 rounds.
Suspect Amon's going WTF?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Reckon that must be the busiest trade period we've ever seen by the end.
Looks like we're finally starting to really see significant player movement between clubs.
Yeah but it's like pulling teeth.
Clubs are soooo shared they don't give a player that will go on and win 2 flags Caddy or a players that go on and won 3 Nakas & Prestia.
They brought in trading of draft picks but that seems to made it more complicated.
Clubs were holding off trades because they weren't giving picks like 55. Picks most likely never to be used.
The rules should be uncontracted good player 1st rounder.
Contract Good player 2 1st rounders.
Duds anything else.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I reckon he’s still a big chance to go top 5.

Whatever, it’s way too close for comfort. Providing that is, Clark is their guy. Could be someone else, but not from what I’m hearing. Maybe they’re throwing red herrings.
He's good, but not top 5 good. He could go top 5, but I'd take 7 players at least before him not including Ashcroft. But what do I know?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He's good, but not top 5 good. He could go top 5, but I'd take 7 players at least before him not including Ashcroft. But what do I know?

Clark won't go top 5, thats likely to be:

Ashcroft, Cadman, Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas.

Who is your next 3? Clark surely must be in that group?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Please explain
Collingwood have Cap issues
They trade Grundy but still owe him 300k over the next 5yrs
They still are paying Treloar next year and the year after.
They bring in Mitchell, McLovin & Hill
on what?? $6.45??
Hawks are paying Mitchell and O'Meara's salaries for next year. Those guys need to be investigated as that is the most obvious tanking move since Melbourne played their *smile* ruckman on our Nathan Brown to get Scully and Trengove.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Clark won't go top 5, thats likely to be:

Ashcroft, Cadman, Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas.

Who is your next 3? Clark surely must be in that group?
Don’t be so sure about Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas all being ahead of Clark. Are North, given their last few years gonna take an injury prone Wardlaw with questionable kicking or an outside Tsatas ?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Reckon that must be the busiest trade period we've ever seen by the end.
Looks like we're finally starting to really see significant player movement between clubs.

It's a crap draft hence the busy trade period. Folks happy to trade out of it.

Notice last year Hawks tried to trade out all the same players and no one was interested as they wanted to hang onto their picks in a stronger draft year.

Expect a lot less trades next year and it's predicted to be another strong draft

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Don’t be so sure about Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas all being ahead of Clark. Are North, given their last few years gonna take an injury prone Wardlaw with questionable kicking or an outside Tsatas ?

Rumour is that they want an inside mid along with Sheezel and Wardlaw is the best one this year albeit soft tissue injuries at 18 are a massive concern