General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

Dunkley for pick 15 and possibly 2nd rounder

Thats what people have been touting, which makes it even more ridiculous what keeps getting spouted for our 2.

15 and a future 2nd (lets say 32), is valued at 1696 (which is about 6/7 in value. With the lower 1st they probably need a bit more value in their 2nd.

So if we mirror that for Taranto, that would be 12 and pick 40 to generate the same value. We don't have 40, so 30 with a 57 coming back seems about right.
If its Hopper. I'd say Soldo is worth similar to the Lions future 2nd, but 19 is a bit lower than their 1st, so probably need a bit more value (using points I know isn't a great indicator, so if we got the Amon pick for Graham, maybe that with 30 coming back to us.

Essentially trade 12, 19, Graham and Soldo for Hopper, Taranto and 57. We go to the draft with 30 and 57, if we want to trade into this draft, we retain that optionality as we wouldn't have touched future picks.

If the Giants want our F1 instead of 19, then the value would be F1 and Soldo and we end up taking 19 (Keeler), 30 (best available) and 57 (Lemmey) to the draft.

Reactions: 2 users
Just been having a think.

I'd think the below trade might be more palatable to both Port and Richmond supporters as it puts us into the top 10 (which sorts out TT) and gives us a few upgraded positions.

Richmond Get Picks 8, 27 and 45 (Port trades 54 and 57 to the Lions for 45 - Lions gain 55 points, Port trade picks they may not use)
Port get Graham, 12 and 31
Value in points is about Pick 26.

This helps us with TT and JH.
Trade 8 for TT - This is pretty much spot on his value IMO.

JH will be more complex.
19 + Soldo + 45 for JH, 58 + 60

We get TT and JH and go to the draft with 27, 58 and 60 (which we can try and trade up for points too), maybe look for the Bombers pick 22/23 depending on when Davey Jnr gets drafted.

I'd think the below trade might be more palatable to both Port and Richmond supporters as it puts us into the top 10 (which sorts out TT) and gives us a few upgraded positions.

Richmond Get Picks 8, 27 and 45 (Port trades 54 and 57 to the Lions for 45 - Lions gain 55 points, Port trade picks they may not use)

JH will be more complex.

We get TT and JH and go to the draft with 27, 58 and 60 (which we can try and trade up for points too), maybe look for the Bombers pick 22/23 depending on when Davey Jnr gets drafted.
The deals will get done.
Gws are playing the tough guy when they are in deep shiit with cap space.
I reckon not only will we get Tarranto & Hopper we will have a decent pick left over to use in the draft

Reactions: 3 users
The deals will get done.
Gws are playing the tough guy when they are in deep shiit with cap space.

I reckon not only will we get Tarranto & Hopper we will have a decent pick left over to use in the draft
HURRY THE F* UP!!!

Reactions: 1 users
1st round draft pick Ollie Henry requests trade to Geelong, will only make them stronger.
It's typical Collingwood bring in duds like McLovin but let a quality kid like Henry go.
Maybe Henry told them he is leaving early on because McCrae refused to play him.

When Geelong does it, it's complemented and congratulated. **1 pick gets Geelong 3 players Henry, Brunh & Bowes
But when we are doing the same thing, we are apprantly 'selling the farm'Screenshot_20220930-204739_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Dislike
  • Angry
Yep plaudits for the AFL Lovechild.

Scorn for the RFC and derision and discourse from the pundits over the Tigers moving for the 2 Giants.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep plaudits for the AFL Lovechild.

Scorn for the RFC and derision and discourse from the pundits over the Tigers moving for the 2 Giants.
Graig if things were the other way around.

Geelong has unbelievable culture to bring in 2 GWS guns.
While Richmond tries it luck on 2 kids who are home sick and crossing its fingers pick 7 better be good otherwise it could be decision that sets the club back 4-5 yrs

Reactions: 4 users
The article misses 1 small bit of information
Bowes is owed 1.7 mill.
That's why he comes with pick 7.
So Geelong could be worse then North Melbourne paying a bloke over 700k (Polec) to run around in the 2's.
Geelong and big time recruiting boss Andrew Mackie better not *smile* up pick 7 on a Conca or Pettifier..

Bowes is owed 1.7 mill.
So Geelong could be worse then North Melbourne paying a bloke over 700k (Polec) to run around in the 2's.
Geelong and big time recruiting boss Andrew Mackie better not *smile* up pick 7 on a Conca or Pettifier..

Please make it so

Reactions: 1 user

JH will be more complex.

At last you have us keeping our future 1st but I still think you have us paying GWS too much.
Soldo looks like the one going north at the moment, but we will pay some if not most of his value over the next two years, which will significantly reduce the anti in terms of our pick value, to be paid for Hopper and Taranto.

Also, GWS need a ruckman and ours will be going only because he has received the strong approval from his newly appointed senior coach. Others clubs are also interested.

And GWS have to rescue their TPP overspend and also have evidently identified Hopper and Taranto as the two mids whom they can best manage to do without.

These are all matters that won’t be resolved by calculating point comparisons.

At last you have us keeping our future 1st but I still think you have us paying GWS too much.
Soldo looks like the one going north at the moment, but we will pay some if not most of his value over the next two years, which will significantly reduce the anti in terms of our pick value, to be paid for Hopper and Taranto.

Also, GWS need a ruckman and ours will be going only because he has received the strong approval from his newly appointed senior coach. Others clubs are also interested.

And GWS have to rescue their TPP overspend and also have evidently identified Hopper and Taranto as the two mids whom they can best manage to do without.

These are all matters that won’t be resolved by calculating point comparisons.
Spot on with regards the Giants and their TPP issues. They have to get players off their list and Bruhn and Bobby Hill won’t cut it.
The thing with Hopper is that he’s under contract and he’s from NSW, and reportedly quite happy at GWS. Why has he suddenly decided he wants to move south to Victoria? Might have been told to look around as they want him off the books I reckon to get his wages off their cap.
I don’t think Blair is going to sell the farm for the two players, as he’d know they have cap issues and have to move players on, but he won’t do a Dodoro and try to screw them.

When Geelong does it, it's complemented and congratulated. **1 pick gets Geelong 3 players Henry, Brunh & Bowes
But when we are doing the same thing, we are apprantly 'selling the farm'
The more riled Richmond people get about the HUN articles, the more they'll keep publishing the crap. Stop feeding the trolls oxygen ffs.

Reactions: 6 users
The media are pumping up this trade period the biggest ever.
Besides Hopper & Tarranto
Who else are worth switching on for? Grundy, let's see how much Melbourne are prepared to pay? Pick 54 they have taken all of his wage, pick 16 Collingwood are paying 300k :ROFLMAO: :banana
Knob opps Lobb, only a stupid 1 flag in a 1000 yrs club would consider him a player they need. I wouldn't trade Aarts for Lobb.
Brisbane are the new destination club, 5th best midfielder Dunkley good player but seems from the outside a bit if a divk to have in a club, so him & Neale should be perfect for each other.
And If I hear Will Ashcroft is going to tear the competition apart again, I'm might fly up there just to calm things down.
Collingwood and McLovin :rotfl1
Geelong and 3 kids for 1 pick deal. Only a top class side can do that. Pssst but 1 comes with a 1.7mil parking ticket that needs to be paid.
Port are just desperate to bring someone in, to prove to the mob that can bring players in. Where's Fanstansia?
Essendon will pick up the left overs, the Caldwell's, Culter and Stewart types.

Last edited:
The more riled Richmond people get about the HUN articles, the more they'll keep publishing the crap. Stop feeding the trolls oxygen ffs.
I don't buy the hs anymore and I can't remember the last time I read a full article from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Bowes is owed 1.7 mill.
Been hearing comments n reading articles for weeks n weeks about how all the Moggies players are happy to take less money for the chance to play at a successful club n play finals.
Nek minnit the Moggies honcho's are importing a spud on $1.6 mill for two years of elite Magoos footy. Wonder how all those players on minimal contracts will be feeling over the next few seasons?
All those superstar players got paid well more than beer money during their careers, they've got their flag n are old n hovering around retirement so they won't really care much. Reckon the mid aged n improving youngsters are gunna be having a serious look at the shekels when their new contracts come up.