Get Buckley! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get Buckley!

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Port's plan: Get Bucks​
18 September 2003 Herald Sun​
By ANDREW CAPEL​

TARGET Buckley.

That's what the Port Adelaide players will be doing in the preliminary final at the MCG on Saturday, with the Collingwood skipper identified as the biggest threat to the Power's hopes of a first AFL grand final.

Port is expected to use the same gang tactics against Nathan Buckley that it used to stop Essendon captain James Hird in the first semi-final last week.

What's the chance that Buckley will be quietened as was Hird?

Do we really care?

Ox said on another thread he doesn't care about the Grand final because he is a Tiger supporter or words to that effect.

I DO care cos I am a Tiger supporter. If stopping Buckley stops the Pies I'm happy.

What self respecting Tiger fan could bear to see Collingwood win a flag? Then I would need a bucket. ;D

Actually Rosy, I'd love to see Collingwood win the flag.

I can't help but admire the way they have rebuilt the club and I think they really deserve it.

I would also like to see them win the flag. I backed them at $3.00 a couple of weeks back.

I bet that the umpires pay close attention to Bucks and look after him on the weekend now that the Power have announced their intentions to the world.

Hope the Pies brain the Power!

TigerFurious said:
I can't help but admire the way they have rebuilt the club and I think they really deserve it.

Same here TF, and add to that their determined attitude and self belief. I like watching them play......but geez I hope they lose. ;D

rosy3 said:
Ox said on another thread he doesn't care about the Grand final because he is a Tiger supporter or words to that effect.

I DO care cos I am a Tiger supporter. If stopping Buckley stops the Pies I'm happy.

What self respecting Tiger fan could bear to see Collingwood win a flag? Then I would need a bucket. ;D
[/quote

G'day Rosy,
I need to outline the fact,
I WANT to see Collingwood exit this week.
Nothing would make me happier (Except maybe Danny boys resignation ;D)

Roar34,
It would be awesome to see Buckley as tightly checked as Hirdy was last week.To watch Nafan get sucked into Ports game plan is going to be pure joy to watch, although his immediate physical game is more toe to toe than James' and as such ensures a somewhat tighter task for the assigned port player.

I hope the CFC CHOKES like a dog on a chain,Tarrant has a Richo and Bux has a Barry Crocker!!!

TigerFurious said:
Actually Rosy, I'd love to see Collingwood win the flag.

That's just wrong Tigerfurious !! ;D :eek:

Somethings a miss here. Think I'm on the Melbourne website.

Since when do Richmond supporters EVER hope Collingwood wins? You guys are off your rockers......... The only thing I will ever be happy with Collingwood winning is the wooden spoon.

Yeah I admire what they have done to get to this stage, but god I pray they fail again miserably. Nothing will lighten up my day again to see Collingwood waste yet another year.

Eddie can get stuffed too............... :D ;D :D ;D

I would much prefer Mick Malthouses team win rather than Choco Williams.

I have always hated Port but they lost me forever after the complete lack of respect that they showed the Richmond Football Club in Round 21.

Who gives a ---- I hope they both go at it hard and get heaps of injurys so when SSSYYYDDNEY plays the winner next week they will have a run a way win.
Our season finished six weeks ago, so i am off to the tennis for three days of Davis cup GO AUSSIE GO 8) 8) 8)

I have a dream ...Scumwood murders Port and go down the gurgler too the tune of 1 point to Sydney....perfect.....if not Brisbane will do.

Does this mean Lade will jump into Buckley basically kick Bucks like he did to Hird.

It was an absoulute disgrace that the triburnal cleared Lade. Chafeys last match suspension was soft compared that happened to Hird last week.

In regards to who wins out of Collingwood and Port, we'll who really cares. I cant stand either team.

However, looking at Stats since 1925, any team that has finished on top of the ladder by 2 or more games clear of the second placed team, has gone on to win the Grand Final all but twice. On those 2 Occassions, the second placed team has won the Grand Final.

Baseds on the above state, the winner of the Collingwood v Port game will the Grand Final.

I am only hoping, history will be rewritten and Brisbane win 3 in a row

Yep Buckley will be tightly checked. He'll get really p'd off and react accordingly with a short sharp jab and get 2 weeks thus ensuring he'll miss the GF (if they make it) & the first game against us next year. I keep changing my mind about who I want to win which probably means I don't really care. Just want it all to be over & get on with the really important stuff like trade time.

I am also with those who admire hte way Collingwood have done the hard yards and built the club to where it is under the guidance of an ex-Richmond premiership player. I also am a huge fan of Nathan Buckley, he deserves every success he gets that bloke and I for one hope he takes out the Brownlow.

Despite what I said before I'm with you Shawry and hope that Buckley wins the Brownlow this year. It would be a real injustice if he went his whole career without winning one and as he is getting older and therefore his chances of winning diminishing I think he would make a worthy winner this year. The only thing I wouldn't enjoy would be to see the grin on Eddie's face when he does win.

Agree too Shawry.
But I'd love Brissy to do the 3peat or Sydney to win the gf if they beat Brissy In Ssssssydney.