Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
About drought? It's not new, the IPCC didn't invent it. AFAIK I'm paying a 10 cent levy per bottle of milk to help them out.

I've already published the trend chart compiled by Spencer from global satellite coverage that shows, 2016 blip aside, global temperature has not risen since 2002.

I reserve the right to change my mind as the facts dictate.

The chart you published showed an upward trend, you are attempting to frame the debate around your biases. This is just more evidence you are completely inflexible.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
More record temperatures right across the country again today.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/15/australia-extreme-heatwave-records-broken-amid-all-time-highest-minimum-temperatures?CMP=share_btn_tw

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
The chart you published showed an upward trend, you are attempting to frame the debate around your biases. This is just more evidence you are completely inflexible.

One more time.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2018_v6.jpg

"Barring the 2016 El Nino spike, global temperatures have not perceptibly increased since 2002."

Prior to the spike, there were many, many references in climate science to "the warming hiatus". Even the most fervent warmist will concede the rate of warming has slowed since 2000 compared with that in the 1990's. Many of the models based on the 1990's trend anticipated an acceleration in temperature rise, which is why they were so far wide of the mark. By clinging to this narrative of "out of control" temperature increases, they do environmental messages in general a disservice.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
One more time.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2018_v6.jpg

"Barring the 2016 El Nino spike, global temperatures have not perceptibly increased since 2002."

Prior to the spike, there were many, many references in climate science to "the warming hiatus". Even the most fervent warmist will concede the rate of warming has slowed since 2000 compared with that in the 1990's. Many of the models based on the 1990's trend anticipated an acceleration in temperature rise, which is why they were so far wide of the mark. By clinging to this narrative of "out of control" temperature increases, they do environmental messages in general a disservice.

Are you for real? That is an upward trend in anyone's language. Seriously, now you're even questioning the obvious with selective use of outliers. You may not think it's a big deal but 1 degree is significant for numerous reasons.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Are you for real? That is an upward trend in anyone's language. Seriously, now you're even questioning the obvious with selective use of outliers. You may not think it's a big deal but 1 degree is significant for numerous reasons.

The trend 2002-14 was actually downward. Only in the past four years has it turned the other way.

Let's see what happens in the next four years. You should be off to a flier with a lot of experts expecting a mild El Nino in 2019.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, I know some people have trouble identifying trends.

These same people seem to have a special ability to clutch at straws too.

But, the evidence is clear:

Temperature_Composite_500.jpg

A graph of 5 measures of global temperature.

The trend is obvious, clearly there are fluctuations which are seized upon by idiots, but, just like the so-called pause after 1997 (which the skeptics seem to be silent about now after it became obvious it was just another straw to clutch), the trend continues despite the bleating of idiots.

I have a lot of trouble understanding why some choose deliberate ignorance.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
DavidSSS said:
Hmm, I know some people have trouble identifying trends.

These same people seem to have a special ability to clutch at straws too.

But, the evidence is clear:

Temperature_Composite_500.jpg

A graph of 5 measures of global temperature.

The trend is obvious, clearly there are fluctuations which are seized upon by idiots, but, just like the so-called pause after 1997 (which the skeptics seem to be silent about now after it became obvious it was just another straw to clutch), the trend continues despite the bleating of idiots.

I have a lot of trouble understanding why some choose deliberate ignorance.

DS

Yes, that shows the temperature increase nicely... to the end of the 1990's. (Note that subsequent IPCC charts progressively erase the problematic post-1940 decline.)

Incidentally UAH stands for University of Alabama, Huntsville and is the Spencer satellite data I'm fond of quoting.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I will simply refer you once again to the two graphics in the post above, before Mann and after Mann. Mann's work had a profound impact on the IPCC's direction which is more politics than science.

Only future data can change my mind. And I'm watching as it rolls in.

But ignoring all the completely valid and scientific data that doesn't support your theory.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
antman said:
But ignoring all the completely valid and scientific data that doesn't support your theory.

He doesn't have a theory, a theory is a hypothesis backed up by evidence, he has a hypothesis - not only not backed up by evidence, but contradicted by evidence. Claiming it is not warming or that the warming is slowing or stalled is an outlier even amongst deniers these days.

Any logical analysis of the evidence, and any logical consideration of the cost/benefit of taking action or doing nothing leads to one conclusion: lower emissions now and do it quickly.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
DavidSSS said:
Any logical analysis of the evidence, and any logical consideration of the cost/benefit of taking action or doing nothing leads to one conclusion: lower emissions now and do it quickly.

Now you're just regurgitating. If it were that simple to demonstrate a relationship between CO2 and temperature, beyond basic greenhouse theory, there'd be no room for conjecture.

Just think of all the typing we could've saved...

6a010536b58035970c017c37fa9895970b-pi

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
All right you lot, the gig's up. Rice and lentils all round.

Climate activists recommend meat consumption be reduced to just 14 grams per person per day (paywalled)

Climate activists are trying to kill the great Aussie barbecue with new dietary guidelines before the United Nations calling to limit meat consumption to a measly 14g a day.

A rabble of British academics has submitted the plans to the UN as part of a bid to reduce global warming by dismantling the world’s beef industry.

The meat limit is so minuscule that if a group of 20 diners split a 300g steak, they’d all breach the guidelines by 1g.

Sounds reasonable.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
This is another example of why you need to steer clear of the Murdoch press.

It's deliberately inflammatory ("A rabble of British academics" :)), but these people are serious in representing to the UN that signatories to the Paris accord are obligated to follow their dietary guidelines.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It's deliberately inflammatory ("A rabble of British academics" :)), but these people are serious in representing to the UN that signatories to the Paris accord are obligated to follow their dietary guidelines.

Assuming they are referring to these loonies?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/new-diet-to-save-lives-and-planet-health-study-intl/index.html

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Did Bolt write it?