Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

I clearly said he had no effect on these bushfires. You are trying to set up a narrative that doesn't exist just so you can rail against it.

Also, you're confusing being a good leader with being stubborn and inflexible. Good leaders adapt when all the evidence says they need to. Look what Dimma did in 2017. They are also visible and present.

It's a little mind blowing to believe the blind devotion required to suggest that Scomo has shown good leadership in this circumstance. If leaving the country to go on holiday during a national emergency is good leadership, what's bad leadership?
I am not confusing anything here. He could impact the situation with money and resources, i agree. He could also do this from Mars tiger. His location means *smile* all to me apart from if you simply want him to politicize the situation. I dont want him too. I really hope these requests will be forthcoming.

To make my position clear, he did not go AWOL.

In relation to leadership. Look what Kevin Rudd did and Julia Gillard and Shorten, they were told by their bulldogs to change course mid shift without due process and wow look what we as a country said to all of them. Scott is doing what he said he would do and is doing it well, you just dont like his path. The majority of us do.
Nothing mindblowing here, just a bit of resiliance against a minority with a big attitude.

Do you know that some of the people who your share your opinion have stated on here that they want him dead. And you think i have blind devotion.

Calmness is needed, consistancy is needed and support needs to be given. The protesters need to get off the lawn in sydney, the streets of brissy and *smile* off to support the fireys, their contribution is derelict at the moment and shameful to say the least.

Reactions: 1 user
Scomo didn't go AWOL. He is an empty vessel that was never there.

We're better off if he stays away permanently.

Scomo didn't go AWOL. He is an empty vessel that was never there.

We're better off if he stays away permanently.
Is that so we can get Krudd or Juliar or Turnbullshit back running the country? Perhaps they could form some sort of triumvirate with military support n organise a benevolent coup d'etat n save Australia from itself.

But I'm sure we'll all be fine.
Yep. All 7.75 billion of us. Just wait till the human race gets fair dinkum n there's about 12 or 13 billion of us all crawling over the planet like a plague n then see how *smile* up *smile* gets.
The way the worlds population has been multiplying I might nearly live long enough to see it happen. That's as long as climate catastrophe hasn't *smile* the lot of us over before then.

Yep. All 7.75 billion of us. Just wait till the human race gets fair dinkum n there's about 12 or 13 billion of us all crawling over the planet like a plague n then see how ****** up **** gets.
The way the worlds population has been multiplying I might nearly live long enough to see it happen. That's as long as climate catastrophe hasn't ****** the lot of us over before then.

Imagine how much the sea will rise if we all go for swim at the beach. Getting more and more likely in this heat!

There has been $8 BILLION of Australian tax payers money spent on drought relief this century, yes in the last 19 years. If that's not what you call p!ssing money up against the wall, well i'm stuffed if i know what you would call it. Enough is enough!!!
Why can't the massive amounts of flood waters from cyclones and low pressure systems be captured, piped and stored into a massive new storage dam/dams. Water could then be piped in to rivers or reservoirs as required.
The cost would be money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has been $8 BILLION of Australian tax payers money spent on drought relief this century, yes in the last 19 years. If that's not what you call p!ssing money up against the wall, well i'm stuffed if i know what you would call it. Enough is enough!!!
Why can't the massive amounts of flood waters from cyclones and low pressure systems be captured, piped and stored into a massive new storage dam/dams. Water could then be piped in to rivers or reservoirs as required.
The cost would be money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone would have to authorise building a dam or two for that. If you think the greenies are having a rabid attack over climate change, wait till someone puts the plans up for public discussion.

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine how much the sea will rise if we all go for swim at the beach. Getting more and more likely in this heat!
Just imagine how salty things would get if we all peed in the oceans at the same time. Even Geelol aint that salty.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone would have to authorise building a dam or two for that. If you think the greenies are having a rabid attack over climate change, wait till someone puts the plans up for public discussion.
Yes, of course......the loss of spinifex would be catastrophic.

Are you saying if he was a better leader and this year submitted to the demands of the Climate Change people the fires would not have happened?

I never disputed the "practical things" aspect but if you want to run over it again thats fine with me.

He is doing what he was elected to do so as far as a leader goes you should be happy because even though you dont agree with his policy he is stable, consistant and strong in his position and transparent in his communications. All pretty important traits for a leader.

Is it a strawman fight off here Coburg?
Transparent? His staff wouldnt even admit he was on leave to begin the week.
This gov is the least open of any on any FOI request.
they constantly refuse to answer question using national security as a cover.

Consistent- see his record on voting for a royal commission into the banks.

Yeah, transparent is a joke, they didn't inform the public (no media release etc) when he left the country nor did they inform anyone who was acting PM. About as transparent as I would expect from a spin doctor.

This government has been passing laws to stop us getting info about what they are doing and to restrict anyone making a noise if they don't agree with them.

ScoMo said the firies wanted to be fighting fires, no, I reckon they didn't want to be away from their normal work (losing pay no doubt) or from their businesses.

If he was a leader he would have been leading by taking decisions to support the firefighters, he would bring in the military in capacities they can undertake (eg: cutting firebreaks using engineering units or the like). In contrast, Rudd did call out the military to assist on Black Saturday, this idiot had no idea what to do.

He also would have explained that he had very little time in his busy year to take a holiday instead of slinking off, telling no-one outside of his inner circle and his office staying silent on his whereabouts for days. It isn't the fact he went away, it was the way he did it which goes to his lack of character.

He shows about as much about leadership as Shorten (ie: F*** All).

As for global heating, it is happening and one of the predicted effects is more severe fire conditions and therefore more frequent and more severe fires.

This is not about to happen, this is climate change. It will get worse the longer we do nothing, which is precisely what this government is doing.

DS

Last edited:
Yeah, transparent is a joke, they didn't inform the public (no media release etc) when he left the country nor did they inform anyone who was acting PM. About as transparent as I would expect from a spin doctor.

This government has been passing laws to stop us getting info about what they are doing and to restrict anyone making a noise if they don't agree with them.

ScoMo said the firies wanted to be fighting fires, no, I reckon they didn't want to be away from their normal work (losing pay no doubt) or from their businesses.

If he was a leader he would have been leading by taking decisions to support the firefighters, he would bring in the military in capacities they can undertake (eg: cutting firebreaks using engineering units or the like). In contrast, Rudd did call out the military to assist on Black Saturday, this idiot had no idea what to do.

He also would have explained that he had very little time in his busy year to take a holiday instead of slinking off, telling no-one outside of his inner circle and his office staying silent on his whereabouts for days. It isn't the fact he went away, it was the way he did it which goes to his lack of character.

He shows about as much about leadership as Shorten (ie: F*** All).

As for global heating, it is happening and one of the predicted effects is more severe fire conditions and therefore more frequent and more severe fires.

This is not about to happen, this is climate change. It will get worse the longer we do nothing, which is precisely what this government is doing.

DS
Yes David he is a terrible man taking a family holiday, abandoning his post, derelict in his duty etc etc etc.

I don’t begrudge ScoMo and his family from taking a holiday.
I’m interested as to why he, his staff and colleagues refused to tell and then even admit that he was away, because he was happy to been seen in photos.
Leaving so soon after the Vulcano eruption and while Australia was burning there may have been a bit of guilt, hence the reluctance by every one to answer questions.