Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Debate me, which doesn’t change why what you did was cheap
You’ve changed the subject again to deflect. You said that you didn’t suggest that I won’t debate others apart from you but you did, it’s in that post. But I’m sure you will tell me a reason why that’s not true.
I’ve told you why I won’t debate this subject so why are you asking me to? I am quite comfortable debating people on subjects that I am well versed in, if it interests me to do so.
You really have trouble sticking to the point.

You’ve changed the subject again to deflect. You said that you didn’t suggest that I won’t debate others apart from you but you did, it’s in that post. But I’m sure you will tell me a reason why that’s not true.
I’ve told you why I won’t debate this subject so why are you asking me to? I am quite comfortable debating people on subjects that I am well versed in, if it interests me to do so.
You really have trouble sticking to the point.
There is no deflection I said I was happy to debate and you weren’t, and you have then taken this to mean I’ve suggested you won’t debate anyone. I never said that. In the context of us two debating you won’t debate. Likewise I never suggested you pull cheap gotcha’s on anyone else, just me in this instance because you won’t debate (me).

I’m asking you to debate the original conversation we had. You don’t have to but I’ll still stand by my claim then.

Last edited:
Deliberately missing the point I see, nice try, no prize.

DS
Well thats an interesting take SS. I have never really liked prizes anyway so no real biggy for me.
You never brought anything new to the table, i was tired just gave it what it deserved.
Hope you have some time with your family and a safe Xmas.

Yes of course, let's not talk about peoples pain and suffering. Now is not the time right?
Well here we go again. Scott cannot be anything but the bad guy in your eyes because he could have done so much more in the past 6 months to stop these fires from even occuring, apparently. I disagree.
Regardless of the head figure of the country these fires would have happened, they would have caused such pain and suffering but if Shorten was the head figure it would have been a blameless and terrible situation and we would all bandy together and live happily everafter.
When did adults start living in Fairytales?
Before you or David goes on i have agreed with many points on the reactions of the current government and hope they do see fit to assist as discussed. But i cannot and will not blame anyone for what is happening on action and inaction.
We share a risk on this planet and in Australia, if we build in bushland, if we build where fires can, do and have occured we will get burnt at some time. If there is fuel to burn and a fire is started by some means it is going to take immense effort to protect ourselves from it.
Im not into the blame game.

Reactions: 2 users
Well here we go again. Scott cannot be anything but the bad guy in your eyes because he could have done so much more in the past 6 months to stop these fires from even occuring, apparently. I disagree.
Regardless of the head figure of the country these fires would have happened, they would have caused such pain and suffering but if Shorten was the head figure it would have been a blameless and terrible situation and we would all bandy together and live happily everafter.
When did adults start living in Fairytales?
Before you or David goes on i have agreed with many points on the reactions of the current government and hope they do see fit to assist as discussed. But i cannot and will not blame anyone for what is happening on action and inaction.
We share a risk on this planet and in Australia, if we build in bushland, if we build where fires can, do and have occured we will get burnt at some time. If there is fuel to burn and a fire is started by some means it is going to take immense effort to protect ourselves from it.
Im not into the blame game.

He ignored advice to make a political point. Advice that turned out to be absolutely right. That makes him culpable.

He still won't change anything, not even in terms of additional resources be cause it's an admission of failure. And still trying to spin - he's just "like a plumber doing a contract on Friday night".

He's heaps good at running water out to the boys in the Big Bash though.

You are right about one thing. His presence changes nothing. He has no plan but to do nothing. He's insignificant.

Last edited:
Not only did Rudd call out the military to help in the Black Saturday fires, Keating made sure the firefighters were looked after during bushfires.

This idiot is out of his depth so does nothing except slink away to Hawaii.

I was wrong, he has even less leadership acumen as Shorten, and that's saying something.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
There is no deflection I said I was happy to debate and you weren’t, and you have then taken this to mean I’ve suggested you won’t debate anyone. I never said that. In the context of us two debating you won’t debate. Likewise I never suggested you pull cheap gotcha’s on anyone else, just me in this instance because you won’t debate (me).

I’m asking you to debate the original conversation we had. You don’t have to but I’ll still stand by my claim then.
You have deflected and changed the subject so many times I’ve completely lost track of what your claim actually is.
Oh well, I am sure that’s my all my fault

If you go back to my original post that all this started from LTRTR later reacted by commenting on the observation that I had made and that triggered some debate between posters. That’s why I posted it so maybe if you hadn’t reacted as you did all this would not have occurred?

I blame myself for reacting to it as well because it’s not worth the angst

His presence changes nothing. He has no plan but to do nothing. He's insignificant.
an idiot of the highest order who's living his own failed campaign slogan from when he was managing director of Tourism Australia....
"Where the bloody hell are you?"

#scottyfrommarketing

The fires are still burning and more lives have been lost. Fireys are not bring paid and are buying their own equipment at Bunnings. 800 homes lost.

Morrison refused to meet the fire chiefs when they asked for more funding this year.

He did not tell the country he was taking a holiday and did not nominate the stand-in PM. His office denied he was on holiday only this week. Why?

He is not a leader in a time of emergency.
He's not a leader. Full stop.

Vote for an adman, that's what you get.

I see he's getting photo ops in helicopters now. Let's see if he follows through and actually takes any action.

Let's see if he follows through and actually takes any action.
Could shut the whole country down, put everyone in a grass skirt n tell them to hunt lunch with a pointy stick n it won't make an iota of difference to the current climate or any future climate. Only thing left that he can do is shuffle around shaking hands n riding around in helichopters. Bloke might as well have stayed on holidays for all the difference it makes, but that's to evil for the outraged.

His real mistakes are not having a climate policy and not playing a leadership role
Correct, it was symbolic only. He made a mistake.

Let's see if he changes climate policy or even does anything at all regarding the current fires as leader to coordinate some sort of meaningful response. Doing the same thing - ie very little - won't change anything, that's true.

If you were a CEO, you were warned to take fire support resourcing and mitigation action 6 months ago and you ignored it, and what has come to pass happened, you'd be out. That's not even about climate policy - it's about heeding calls for more resourcing because the experts knew this summer would be a disaster.

That is the far more grevious sin than going on holidays at a time of national emergency.

I know politics on here is totally tribal, but I can't see how anyone - Left, Right or whatever - can see that as in any way acceptable for a leader of our country.

This article from Clive Hamilton about how hard it is to change a position even when the facts compel it makes the argument far better than I did.

Could shut the whole country down, put everyone in a grass skirt n tell them to hunt lunch with a pointy stick n it won't make an iota of difference to the current climate or any future climate. Only thing left that he can do is shuffle around shaking hands n riding around in helichopters. Bloke might as well have stayed on holidays for all the difference it makes, but that's to evil for the outraged.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was thinking of giving to one of the drought relief funds, but I figured that my contribution would be well less than 1.3% of what the struggling farmers need so no real point. I was also questioning the drought: if we count the floods in Queensland a few years ago as water credits for 2019/20 summer then I figure we're not in a drought at all.

Am I showing leadership now?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Vote for an adman, that's what you get.
I see he's getting photo ops in helicopters now. Let's see if he follows through and actually takes any action.
lets see if he falls out of a helicopter, for a real photo opportunity ...

You have to remember Morrison like most right wingers ain't too smart.

Accordingly he is unlikely to understand the policy that is required. Also because empathy is a product of intelligence he doesn't care much about future generations or any brown people we can brutalise for political advantage.

In the end you get the moron's guide to public policy whether it's climate change, economics or immigration.

The problem now is we have a government that is the most denialist in the western world - on a par with the US. It's not just Morrison. To focus on him is a mistake as he clearly won't act.

His real mistakes are not having a climate policy and not playing a leadership role

I meant that it was a mistake to interrupt his holiday for the sake of optics.

Half of all bushfires are either deliberately lit or suspicious. Maybe we can amputate the hands of arsonists.