Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Then a much more inconvenient truth was revealed. In an interview with Nine News, Parker had colourfully expressed his contempt for all politicians, save one: "There’s only one person that cares about this country and that’s Pauline Hanson. Come and see us in Nelligen, Pauline. Mate, you’re unreal, you care about the country, the rest of them don’t."

When this nugget hit Twitter, it was like watching a train pull into Central Station as most of the mob got off. In the all or nothing era, St Paul can’t be part of what we hope for, he has to be with us on everything. He can’t be blemished by views that trigger delicate sensibilities.

The thing is this is an outright lie. Uhlmann has lost the plot completely.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Now this is straight up nonsense. First Morrison's office denied he was even in Hawaii. And he didn't nominate the Deputy PM to be acting PM in his place, because then people would know he was AWOL. Then it took him several days to come back. Then he said he didn't come back because he made a promise to his kids. Then he said it was all the state's responsibility. Then he shifted blame to Gladys in NSW, just because.

Andrews wasn't in Bali and fronted up for duty immediately as soon as the first reports of property damage came in.

All politicians aren't the same.
Problem is with all this though one bloke was actually responsible and holds the can and one wasnt and didnt hold the can. But its ok you can still blame anyone you want and support anyone you want, its in your head.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Problem is with all this though one bloke was actually responsible and holds the can and one wasnt and didnt hold the can. But its ok you can still blame anyone you want and support anyone you want, its in your head.

Can you explain that again, this time in English though.

• Haha

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
who used to be on Sky News. does that make him a lefty or a righty?

probably like most proper political reporters it doesnt matter because he does his job properly.
Agree he is a journalist who acts like a journalist, not a spokesperson for their prefered side as all others seem to be at the moment.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Now this is straight up nonsense. First Morrison's office denied he was even in Hawaii. And he didn't nominate the Deputy PM to be acting PM in his place, because then people would know he was AWOL. Then it took him several days to come back. Then he said he didn't come back because he made a promise to his kids. Then he said it was all the state's responsibility. Then he shifted blame to Gladys in NSW, just because.

Andrews wasn't in Bali and fronted up for duty immediately as soon as the first reports of property damage came in.

All politicians aren't the same.
I will slow it down for you.
Scott was not responsible for the State fires.
Daniel was responsible for the State fires along with the other Premiers.
Scott has been used as a scapegoat for the States failings. The states are happy as they are not being held accountable. You sound like you still blame Scott.
I have a different take altogether.
I dont necessarily agree that the failings are actually as bad as the hysterical ranting that occured this summer in regards to the bushfires, they were actually pretty well handled even when compared to fires in the past decade. This year was actually well managed when compared to previous situations.
People died so there are no winners but it was a vast improvement on our history so far.
To keep improving in this area , the States need to have a focus on it and stop with complacency and pandering to the lowest denominators.
Disagree as you feel the need to Antman.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I will slow it down for you.
Scott was not responsible for the State fires.
Daniel was responsible for the State fires along with the other Premiers.

Obviously, Antman.

If something happens in a state, then that's clearly outside the jurisdiction of the PM. He's responsible for the parts of Australia that aren't our states or territories. So... The ocean I guess.

TBF scomo is about as useful as Aquaman.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
who used to be on Sky News. does that make him a lefty or a righty?

probably like most proper political reporters it doesnt matter because he does his job properly.
Speers is alright. Working for Sky and being a new ABC hire suggest he leans to the right, as did his softball interview allowing Morrison to monologue, compared to his constant interrupting of Marles. So I guess he's similar to Leigh Sales.

I'm gleeful. It's fkn hilarious.
What's hilarious? The right attempting to paint the left as turning on Parker, or the left not actually giving a *smile* who he votes for?

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Obviously, Antman.

If something happens in a state, then that's clearly outside the jurisdiction of the PM. He's responsible for the parts of Australia that aren't our states or territories. So... The ocean I guess.

TBF scomo is about as useful as Aquaman.

So Scomo isn't an arsonist, but Dangerous Dan is.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I dont necessarily agree that the failings are actually as bad as the hysterical ranting that occured this summer in regards to the bushfires, they were actually pretty well handled even when compared to fires in the past decade. This year was actually well managed when compared to previous situations.

These were the longest running and most devastating fires we've had - certainly the biggest impact on land, forests, native fauna, livestock, properties and the economy that has ever been experienced. Tourism, wine, agriculture and the surrounding rural industries have all taken a massive hit. The level of damage is unprecedented.

That's not my opinion. That's fact.

The fires were "well-managed" in the sense that fewer people died than in other major fires - some on here reckoned that mass evacuations were symptoms of "the nanny state" but its clear that hundreds of lives were saved through these precautionary and acute evacuations . The fire services are much more professional now than they were and modern technology helps with notifying people of threat level and when to evacuate. In that sense management was "better". Even though the scale of the fires was unprecedented, it could have been even worse had the fire services not behaved professionally.

That's fact.

I think Morrison is a disgrace when he lied, then tried to treat this emergency as a marketing exercise, then shifted blame to states, let alone his obfuscation on climate change policy.

Now this last bit is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
What's hilarious? The right attempting to paint the left as turning on Parker, or the left not actually giving a **** who he votes for?

It’s fkn hilarious, the ones who’ve dropped him like a hot spud and the rest who’ve done a double-take before pretending it doesn’t matter that he’s a Hanson acolyte. It’s killed the romance. Apparently the term is “Milkshake Duck”.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It’s fkn hilarious, the ones who’ve dropped him like a hot spud and the rest who’ve done a double-take before pretending it doesn’t matter that he’s a Hanson acolyte. It’s killed the romance. Apparently the term is “Milkshake Duck”.
Wait, so according to you, people on the left have either dropped Parker or are pretending they don't care? You're telling us how we feel? Am I getting that right? I don't actually not care, I'm just pretending not to care, is that right?

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Wait, so according to you, people on the left have either dropped Parker or are pretending they don't care? You're telling us how we feel? Am I getting that right? I don't actually not care, I'm just pretending not to care, is that right?

Yeah, I reckon that’s happening in a lot of cases.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
"What is the cost of climate action?" wail the neocons, oblivious in failing to recognise an economy does not exist in a vacuum. Well, those hippies at Melbourne Uni have crunched the numbers and projected that meeting our Paris target would cost $122 billion, or just over four year's worth of current subsidies for fossil fuel industries. Failing to act, however, will result in losses of $2.7 trillion, or a quarter of our current wealth. Inaction will cost us more than 20 times as much as action.

And that is not even accounting for the loss of coal income regardless of what we do, and the massive chance we have to set ourselves up as the renewables superpower of the world.

Reactions: 2 users