Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
sorry i did miss one

my rac irons go down to P, so thats 12. after i add the 60 wedge that will leave me with 13 which is probably ok. if i did wanna fill the bag i would probably wanna look at a 3 wood but i would rarely use it as i hit the driver pretty well and hit the rescue mid clean of the deck and tee.

btw most was bought from ebay from a store called rock bottom golf. very cheap and amazingly efficient postage. 3 days usually but be prepared to pay import duty upon their arrival to australia.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
Thats a fair set up Lids but the most important thing for a chopper is to get your Clubs fitted by a PRO not some kid with pimples at Drummonds an co,thats where you can get improvment.Can I just say on the R7s there are 2 reports on tour, very much you love or hate them

very true.

the r7 imo is the best driver on the market. i tried a few others before buying and have tried several more since and for me nothing goes further or sounds better more consistantly

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LidsandBling said:
sorry i did miss one

my rac irons go down to P, so thats 12. after i add the 60 wedge that will leave me with 13 which is probably ok. if i did wanna fill the bag i would probably wanna look at a 3 wood but i would rarely use it as i hit the driver pretty well and hit the rescue mid clean of the deck and tee.

btw most was bought from ebay from a store called rock bottom golf. very cheap and amazingly efficient postage. 3 days usually but be prepared to pay import duty upon their arrival to australia.
Be very careful guys on buying Golf equipment of EBay(imported) I have seen copys you wouldnt believe, some of the Callaway stuff is amazing, except the shafts shatter at the feral after a few weeks :bash :police: 8)

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
LidsandBling said:
sorry i did miss one

Be very careful guys on buying Golf equipment of EBay(imported) I have seen copys you wouldnt believe, some of the Callaway stuff is amazing, except the shafts shatter at the feral after a few weeks :bash :police: 8)

rock bottom golf have enormous positive feedback and are extremely reputable and i have registered all the clubs but yes one must be very careful

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Looking forward to sitting down with the paper and reading a detailed report of the Ryder Cup.
Blow by blow, match by match, shot by shot, perhaps a bit of gossip, a dummy spit or two.

The Bloody Age......One crappy story from Reuters.

PATHETIC

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Euro domination !!! Take that you self absorbed big mouths !

And as for you Jim Beam03, what the hell were you thinking betting against the good guys on their home turf ? !

Very happy for Clarke. Very emotional. Great stuff all 'round.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
LidsandBling said:
redford, any chance you could give me your thoughts on the r7 460 please?

Its the best driver I've ever used Ba-da Bing.

I havent adjusted any of the moveable weights. No need to. Works well enough standard.

Mine is a 9.5 degrees. Comes out with a really good trajectory ie. not too high, but not too flat either. Having such a big face to it makes it very forgiving as well. As I said before, I had an old 580, and I reckon this the r7 460 has another 10+ yards on it (which means I can now power it out to 180 yds !)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Redford said:
LidsandBling said:

I havent adjusted any of the moveable weights. No need to. Works well enough standard.

Mine is a 9.5 degrees. Comes out with a really good trajectory ie. not too high, but not too flat either. Having such a big face to it makes it very forgiving as well. As I said before, I had an old 580, and I reckon this the r7 460 has another 10+ yards on it (which means I can now power it out to 180 yds !)
Good to see the have new long distance balls down at MGA , hey Roy

On a serious note Byron Nelson has passed away ,I think he was 93 ,an he still holds the record that wont be beaten of 11 tour wins in a row ,though I think a couple were match play an 1 may even have be a 4 ball

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
On a serious note Byron Nelson has passed away ,I think he was 93 ,an he still holds the record that wont be beaten of 11 tour wins in a row ,though I think a couple were match play an 1 may even have be a 4 ball

Golf great Byron Nelson dead at 94

By Joe Juliano

The Philadelphia Inquirer

(MCT)

Byron Nelson, 94, the owner of professional golf's most unbeatable record and supporter of generations of golfers thanks to the annual event on the PGA Tour named in his honor, died yesterday at his farm in Roanoke, Texas.

He died of natural causes, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said.

Nelson played full time on the PGA Tour for only 12 years, during which time he won 52 official tournaments including five majors. He retired from active competition at the end of the 1946 season after plunking down $55,000 in cash to buy his dream 673-acre property, which he called the Fairway Ranch, in Roanoke, northeast of Fort Worth.

His record, however, included arguably the greatest single season in the history of professional golf. In 1945, Nelson captured a record 18 tournament titles, including a remarkable 11 in a row, a mark that is considered golf's equivalent of Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak in baseball. The seventh of his 11 straight wins came at Llanerch Country Club in Havertown, at the Philadelphia Inquirer Invitational.

One of the good duys in American Golf

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Redford said:
LidsandBling said:

Whats with the YARDS?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The great Byron Nelson. What a fantastic golfer and person. One of the true greats.

As for “yards” Micky, I quite often use it because that’s still the general application in golf around the world i.e. you don’t often hear commentators or players saying they’re “driving the ball 300 metres” or they’ve gained a “few metres off the tee.”

Did I mention I was happy that the Yanks got smashed in the Ryder Cup ? Oh yeah. I did.

Now for the Presidents Cup…..

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
the balls at MGA are 20-40 metres shorter than a good ball, whats that 2 clubs lengths ? ? ? ? ?

what balls are you guys using these days?

my favourites
$3-5
titleist dt so-lo good and cheap
maxfli noodle as above

$5 and up
callaway hx tour, nice all rounder
titleist vx1 pro longer than any other ball i have used and dearer
taylormade red and black, because they are taylormade

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Titleist Pro V1’s for me. Always.

Not the ProV1 x (which doesn’t have as much spin), but the original ProV1.

Better than most golf balls by a country mile I reckon.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Redford said:

do you reckon its true what they say about hitting the seam on the v1 and v1x?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pro V1 for me best ball ever made easily ,an Yes Red that is MHO no outside reasons ;D,OH did I mention how good the new Cobra is ;D

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LidsandBling said:
Redford said:

do you reckon its true what they say about hitting the seam on the v1 and v1x?
Played with a lot of good players LanB who dont see any advantage with it

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
have you noticed a fine seam around the ball with no dimples on the seam. they say hitting it gets an extra 20. at least thats what the titleist reps are telling the pro shop staff and they are telling me. :-[ :-[

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pro V1 came out in about 2000 an a lot were claiming this an they highly recommended doing this into the wind but my Question is why would you want to use a ball that if it sits seem up on the fairway is going to make you air mail the green by 20 metres?.
I actually remember Nicklaus saying he thought this seem thing actually worked for him,like I say ive played with a lot of very good players who use the pro V an its along time sinse ive heard any of them say this theroy is true an I can tell you not even the reps claim it to be true anymore ;).
The pro vx is actually designed to spin less of the driver an more with the wedges how the hell that works I do not know.
Was involved with a Pro v test one day with hitting both the original an x ,with woods an irons no one got any difference in distance an not one person could tell the difference in which ball they hit basically was released at a time the pro v had dropped a little in sales an it was time for some new hype.
Not far away form all the new Titleist stuff hitting our shores an there is some real good stuff in it,super utility