Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Gutsy effort by Taylor today but that mistake on 16 was criminal. He needed to hit and stay on that green somewhere. Shuffler had a smile on his face after Taylor missed.

Shuffler put on a putting clinic today. Unreal.

Reactions: 1 users
I find Scheffler really hard to warm to.

Apart from the fact he seems to lack a bit of personality, every time I see him win he hits it all over the shop and then somehow drains a couple of long putts from nowhere.

I don't actually see him as being all that good at any part of the game of golf on an elite level, yet he is number 1 in the world albeit in a flawed system.

Reactions: 1 user
I find Scheffler really hard to warm to.

Apart from the fact he seems to lack a bit of personality, every time I see him win he hits it all over the shop and then somehow drains a couple of long putts from nowhere.

I don't actually see him as being all that good at any part of the game of golf on an elite level, yet he is number 1 in the world albeit in a flawed system.
He's clearly good mentally. But he's not attractive to watch. He doesn't have charisma or style.

I'm in the same boat, and after you read the below I imagine you will dislike him further.

“The reason why I play golf is, I am trying to glorify God and all that he's done in my life, and so for me, my identity isn't a golf score,” Scheffler said in the post-tournament press conference.

Another simple, vapid USA god loving sportsman. Ironically it's religion that will be the end of that nation one day.

Not many yanks are likeable - Kevin Kisner is one that is. The Duff another cause he looks like he spends his nights at the sports bar. Finau is inoffensive.

Reactions: 1 users
Not a big fan of sportspeople who go the religious route on their sporting stage. Don’t care if they’re religious or not per se , but I prefer to keep religion out of sports as best as possible.

I’ve always thought sport is one of the few environments in life where, relatively speaking, people from all backgrounds can put their religious beliefs aside and compete against one another and get along with one another without that interfering. It’s a realm where you can largely escape the problems and division it causes. Again, generally speaking. Not completely of course. But I like as least religious interference on the actual stage as is possible in sport. That’s just me.

The PGA Tour has a lot of Holy Rollers. A lot. A lot of Republicans as well who like to bring their political leanings to the fore in the game as well. Probably to be expected given it’s the USA.

Personally, I don’t reckon any of that is good. Keep it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Gary Ablett Snr was one thanking god after the 1989 Grand Final, he did have a ripper game with the 9 goals, but god didn't help the team, they lost!! :LOL:

Maybe they had more atheists than the Hawks? :LOL:

And Jnr followed in his footsteps, a born-again right :rolleyes:

Wonder what god made of the young girl dying of a drug overdose in his hotel room while he failed to help her.
Man - A 39 year old grown man hanging out with a 19 year old girl, and he got off scot free, bar a $1,500 fine!! That family must still be livid with him, I Know I would be. Then the clown has the audacity to bang on about the covid pandemic, illuminati, freemasons, lucifer - if you're on the same side as him in any debate, well I'd worry about my IQ and sanity man!! :mad:

I'm four episodes in and it's ok but probably lacking enough authentic behind the scenes stuff.

Certainly all do nothing to improve public perception of pro golfers, the decadence in their lifestyles is pretty jarring.

Other take-aways so far are there's more than meets the eye to Brooks Koepka and even more remarkably less to Dustin Johnson, which I wouldn't have thought possible.