Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Before Rudeford calls it , Colt becoming worst commentator of all time with a bullet
Finally, after 23,850 attempts, an accurate post.

Knost is an unfunny pain in the arse. Like a few of them, he also makes out that every shot is the hardest shot in the world when it isn’t.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Between NBC and CBS they’ve both got a few commentators they need to get rid of. Too many boring and polite fence sitters like IBF and Nobilo, one or two abject American barrackers like Azinger, and one or two arse suckers who dribble on about how great every player is and then irrelevant, non impact crap eg Immelmann. Last year he bullshitted on numerous times about Tiger’s new shoes - which were just regular off the shelf Nikes.

Don’t mind Curt Byrum. He often provides a decent critique and supplies some behind the scenes info. That stuff he was talking about with TPI in Southern California this morning was interesting.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yep he did . soft sand bunkers would be a nightmare, wouldn’t mind seeing more broomed/brushed instead of raked

We have 102 on our course , approximately 100 man hours a week spent “ maintaining” them .

We have a major issue with golfers walking up the face of bunkers and no matter where the rakes are they still go “ as the crow flies” to their ball, all comes back to the poor standard of golfers etiquette nowadays.
Didn't realise how much time goes into it. Maybe a lot of players who are late to golf didn't get taught etiquette? Or don't want to learn it?

I started playing with my dad and older guys at about 12 and you were taught the basics over your early golf career - amongst many lessons you got told the basics of etiquette:

- don't talk when someone is playing a shot
- don't walk slowly between shots
- be ready to play when it's your turn and be observant of when its your turn - generally furthest from the hoel plays first unless you were ready to go
- don't *smile* around marking your ball when you have putted and can continue to putt, putt out if you aren't standing on someones line
- take your buggy to the side of the hole you want to leave the green from
- don't walk up or down the face of bunkers to get in or out of them, and rake both your divot and your footprints
- make sure you have sand and fill your divot
- repair your pug marks
- play a provisional if you aren't sure you will find your ball, saves you running back to the tee
- watch your groups tee shots and always help find wayward balls, you never know when you'll need help to find yours
- pick up if you can't score on a hole, don't be a self-indulgent *smile* and waste everyones time playing out the hole
- a rule of thumb was 4 hours to play a round, although stroke events always take a little longer

One thing I noticed playing at The National this summer was the volume of unfilled divots - can't believe so many can abuse the privelege of playing in such a beautiful location. Tossers.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Didn't realise how much time goes into it. Maybe a lot of players who are late to golf didn't get taught etiquette? Or don't want to learn it?

I started playing with my dad and older guys at about 12 and you were taught the basics over your early golf career - amongst many lessons you got told the basics of etiquette:

- don't talk when someone is playing a shot
- don't walk slowly between shots
- be ready to play when it's your turn and be observant of when its your turn - generally furthest from the hoel plays first unless you were ready to go
- don't *smile* around marking your ball when you have putted and can continue to putt, putt out if you aren't standing on someones line
- take your buggy to the side of the hole you want to leave the green from
- don't walk up or down the face of bunkers to get in or out of them, and rake both your divot and your footprints
- make sure you have sand and fill your divot
- repair your pug marks
- play a provisional if you aren't sure you will find your ball, saves you running back to the tee
- watch your groups tee shots and always help find wayward balls, you never know when you'll need help to find yours
- pick up if you can't score on a hole, don't be a self-indulgent *smile* and waste everyones time playing out the hole
- a rule of thumb was 4 hours to play a round, alth

One thing I noticed playing at The National this summer was the volume of unfilled divots - can't believe so many can abuse the privelege of playing in such a beautiful location. Tossers.
Yep ” Club Entitlted” has deplorable course etiquette.

2 staff members spent 5 hours fixing divots on the 4th tees not long ago.

Friday I was “freshning” up a fairway bunker on the 3rd , member hits their ball in their after they hit out , I said “ I’ll fix it for you” then they walk straight up the face of the bunker ffs clueless.

Mark Allen is So far out of date with his commentary, classic 80s golfer , terrible chemistry with Nick O , who as Blah as he is , is still pretty good with no bull *smile*.

If we are going to have on course commentators why do we have an ex tennis pro and an ex AFL player, heaps of decent pros getting around who would offer more and be paid less , geeez I’m sounding like Rudeford

Just on sand buckets , sand bin on the first takes filling once a week , the other ten bins on the course are lucky to get a shovel full a week, the golfers do so well to only need one little bucket for an entire round :cool:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep ” Club Entitlted” has deplorable course etiquette.

2 staff members spent 5 hours fixing divots on the 4th tees not long ago.

Friday I was “freshning” up a fairway bunker on the 3rd , member hits their ball in their after they hit out , I said “ I’ll fix it for you” then they walk straight up the face of the bunker ffs clueless.

Mark Allen is So far out of date with his commentary, classic 80s golfer , terrible chemistry with Nick O , who as Blah as he is , is still pretty good with no bull *smile*.

If we are going to have on course commentators why do we have an ex tennis pro and an ex AFL player, heaps of decent pros getting around who would offer more and be paid less , geeez I’m sounding like Rudeford

Just on sand buckets , sand bin on the first takes filling once a week , the other ten bins on the course are lucky to get a shovel full a week, the golfers do so well to only need one little bucket for an entire round :cool:
Our green staff don’t want you filling in divots on the tees of par 3’s. They reckon that our numb nut members can’t do it properly so twice a week they fill in the divots themselves with sand on all the par 3 tees.

They do this on the practice tee as well.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Our green staff don’t want you filling in divots on the tees of par 3’s. They reckon that our numb nut members can’t do it properly so twice a week they fill in the divots themselves with sand on all the par 3 tees.

They do this on the practice tee as well.
No wonder your course has those slow fury greens, staff obviously don’t have time to cut and roll them everyday like we do :))

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No wonder your course has those slow fury greens, staff obviously don’t have time to cut and roll them everyday like we do :))
We have the quickest greens in Melbourne. You would struggle coming from those sparse, mud like greens at your place.

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Keep an eye on the Golf Barrons show around the Masters time , the boys couldn’t believe how good the Old is . They did a lot of filming around the double green and obviously the 7th which was advised, however as they travelled around the course they wanted to film every hole ……….Again just another group who couldn’t believe it’s not rated top 5 in Australia

• Love

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Keep an eye on the Golf Barrons show around the Masters time , the boys couldn’t believe how good the Old is . They did a lot of filming around the double green and obviously the 7th which was advised, however as they travelled around the course they wanted to film every hole ……….Again just another group who couldn’t believe it’s not rated top 5 in Australia
My favourite course to play. So much fun to play. Have only ever beaten my handicap once in about 20 rounds there. Although I preferred the old way the holes were ordered.

Would love to see a big tournament played there.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
My favourite course to play. So much fun to play. Have only ever beaten my handicap once in about 20 rounds there. Although I preferred the old way the holes were ordered.

Would love to see a big tournament played there.
Have a 200k event on Moonah at the end of March , definitely love to see an event of the Black tees on the Old

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Have a 200k event on Moonah at the end of March , definitely love to see an event of the Black tees on the Old
Have never played the Old from the black tees, would be even more awesome.

They could utilise some pin positions that would see most pro's struggle to shoot par.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If it wasn’t for the fact there’s very few trees, and there’s expansive desert areas to hit from when you miss the fairways at TPC, Spieth would be + 10 and not -10 given the way he sprays it everywhere. If I hear the commentators say “Spieth has caught a break after a bad drive” one more time, I’m gonna throw up.

Check out these people yesterday. They obviously knew he was 153rd on Tour for driving accuracy and weren’t in any danger of being hit.

1676190348245.jpeg

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
If it wasn’t for the fact there’s very few trees, and there’s expansive desert areas to hit from when you miss the fairways at TPC, Spieth would be + 10 and not -10 given the way he sprays it everywhere. If I hear the commentators say “Spieth has caught a break after a bad drive” one more time, I’m gonna throw up.

Check out these people yesterday. They obviously knew he was 153rd on Tour for driving accuracy and weren’t in any danger of being hit.

View attachment 18000
I think he may make a charge today