Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And on other matters, the Masters is just around the corner. Clark at $31 Matsuyama at $31 look value to me.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Played Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes last week and as a National member I know the “ratings” have to be taken with a grain of salt , however if they are not both top 10 in Australia, it’s wrong ;).

Cape Wickham cove setting and the lighthouse ad a bit of charm , my only small criticism is there is a few shortish/mid length par 4s early , however generally just spectacular.

Ocean dunes has a bit more potential in
My eyes , little more risk reward ( 4 eagle putts on the day for 2 birdies and 2 pars :eek::LOL:, again as spectacular as it gets . They are about to put accomodation in , basically on the ridge on the left of the first fairway for those that have been.

Definitely a must do for the keen golfer

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Played Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes last week and as a National member I know the “ratings” have to be taken with a grain of salt , however if they are not both top 10 in Australia, it’s wrong ;).

Cape Wickham cove setting and the lighthouse ad a bit of charm , my only small criticism is there is a few shortish/mid length par 4s early , however generally just spectacular.

My eyes , little more risk reward ( 4 eagle putts on the day for 2 birdies and 2 pars :eek::LOL:, again as spectacular as it gets . They are about to put accomodation in , basically on the ridge on the left of the first fairway for those that have been.

Shouldn’t you be helping out your rubbish Pennant team instead of galavanting around the boondocks?

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

How do they compare with the Barnbougle pair IYO? Am planning on Cape Wickham later this year.

Played The Nash (Old) on the weekend, boy I love that course. Had my best ever round there, hit my first two balls into the scrub off the bottom tee but only missed three fairways after that, and then was only a couple of meters into rough. It's fun when you keep it on the fairway there although they had pins at the front of a lot of greens that made it difficult when hitting downwind.

Watched a bit of the event on the Moonah. Cam John can get it out there, they all played pretty well.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How do they compare with the Barnbougle pair IYO? Am planning on Cape Wickham later this year.

Played The Nash (Old) on the weekend, boy I love that course. Had my best ever round there, hit my first two balls into the scrub off the bottom tee but only missed three fairways after that, and then was only a couple of meters into rough. It's fun when you keep it on the fairway there although they had pins at the front of a lot of greens that made it difficult when hitting downwind.

Watched a bit of the event on the Moonah. Cam John can get it out there, they all played pretty well.
Very different , much more dramatic slopes , more golf played above the dunes not hidden below and much better views of the beaches , I’d have both KI courses in front of both Barnbougle courses by a fairway , the run of 3 through 7 on the Dunes is only the equal of most of the 36 on KI .

Lobster superb as well On KI

Hopefully playing the old on Sunday before the footy . 2 years until Long Island is fully open I’m told .

I haven’t seen anyone down where John hit his drive on 7 ….wowee

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Very different , much more dramatic slopes , more golf played above the dunes not hidden below and much better views of the beaches , I’d have both KI courses in front of both Barnbougle courses by a fairway , the run of 3 through 7 on the Dunes is only the equal of most of the 36 on KI .

Lobster superb as well On KI

Hopefully playing the old on Sunday before the footy . 2 years until Long Island is fully open I’m told .

I haven’t seen anyone down where John hit his drive on 7 ….wowee
Can't wait to play CW then. I enjoyed Barnbougle but cannot believe the rating for Lost Farm (No. 7 last year??). We had a lot of fun but it wouldn't be in my Top 30 courses I've played. And on the rankings, cannot believe Gunnamatta ranks above The Old course - it's a goat track in comparison for me.

Cam John - I think he was regularly going at 185mph ball speed, that's up with Rory. Actually played in a Box Hill pro-am event that he won a few years ago - he was on the *smile* immediately he got the prize - seemed a nice kid.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My girl Gabi Ruffles is doing well, has put together a couple of good results in her last two tournaments, and has started well in Phoenix. A lock for rookie of the year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My girl Hannah Green shoots 61 to take the lead in Phoenix. She had eleven birdies, including 6 on the trot from 14 to 18.

Scheffler had a relapse 3 putting from 5 feet on 18 in Texas.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My girl Hannah Green shoots 61 to take the lead in Phoenix. She had eleven birdies, including 6 on the trot from 14 to 18.

Scheffler had a relapse 3 putting from 5 feet on 18 in Texas.
You’ve got a lot of girls on the go.

Reactions: 1 users