Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Going up for the Cathedral invitational ( as a spectator ;) ) looking have a look at the course , I’m told by good judges it’s a ripper , done very good players playing as well
Played it twice.
Thought it was very ordinary.
Also very damp under foot in fine conditions. Obviously doesn’t drain well.
Accomodation and hospitality were very good though

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Anyone seen the footage from the Cranborne Golf Club championships?

One of the best blow-ups I've ever seen.
Hah hah hah…what a bunch of nutters.

Nowhere near as bad, but a guy in our Open Club Championship stormed off the course after going down in the quarter finals on the 20th hole. Shook hands, didn’t say anything, straight to car park with GF, cursing etc. Throws clubs in car. Orders GF to drive off immediately.

This is the same ahole I mentioned a few weeks ago who hit a driver over the top of my head, 150m off the tee.

There’s some nutters and jerks out there….

• Angry

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Got myself one of those pocket size Garmin launch monitors, very interesting machine , does give great feedback, sometimes too much :))

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Went to the Cathedral invitational today , small quality field ( I think Karrie Webb won) , probably a few hundred spectators which works great . Was a well run event and I really like the track , greens appears to be very slick ,should be more of this style of course in Australia, we have so much of that natural terrain .

Overheard one of the players saying how he is working on a course design overseas , where there is only going to be 20 members who each pay a one of 100 million

Edit Flanigan won

Last edited:
  • Wow

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Great to see more and more events allowing shorts

Playing in the longest day tomorrow, fantastic fundraiser for the Cancer Council , I’ve set the goal of shooting 300 for the 4 rounds , I may well change that after 36 :)).

Thanks to the many Pre Enders who have sponsored my son and I :love::clap2

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Interesting read.

Hate it when articles like this make me second guess my childhood adoration.

I wouldn't second guess too much. I've been lucky enough to associate with many of my heroes and often in situations where they were 'normal' people as opposed to meeting fan situations.

One of those was being lucky enough to attend a BBQ and spend the night at Greg Norman's house. Like most superstar people he has an air of confidence and an aura about him, but equally like most of them he is a decent and friendly guy. Absolutely he likes talking about himself and the way he looks, but any of us would have a beer and a chat with him and come away thinking he was a top bloke.

One tip I'd give is never judge someone by someone else telling you about a time they met them and the person was rude etc like the interviewer mentioned early in that article.

Everyone famous has someone who will tell you about the time they talked to them or asked for a photo and got a brush off and how that makes them an *smile*. In my experience, having stood and watched that scenario many, many times it is almost always a case of being reflected back what you give. People are rude and demanding and wonder why they get a no. I've had people tell me about the time they met Shane Warne and what a prick he was and yet I know Warne signed and took photos with almost anyone who approached him respectfully.

Everyone has moments when they have had enough and it's one request too many but again in my experience the famous person tends to do it politely and cop the outrage and rudeness from the person they deny. People just don't understand how horribly they come across sometimes.

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I see the LIV golfers who qualify have been invited to play at Augusta next year.

No surprise there, the PGA and their threats were never going to stop the organisers of the majors from assembling the best field possible.

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Is anyone going to Augusta next year?

Due to a change in travel plans I once again have 2 tickets to the Tuesday practice round that I won’t be using.

PM me if interested.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, the 2023 PGA Tour is off and running again in Hawaii. You beauty !

Morikawa on fire. Who’s gonna have the better career - Morikawa or Shuffler ? Similar age and results to date.

Really like next week’s event the Sony. Old school course.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Well, the 2023 PGA Tour is off and running again in Hawaii. You beauty !

Morikawa on fire. Who’s gonna have the better career - Morikawa or Shuffler ? Similar age and results to date.

Really like next week’s event the Sony. Old school course.
Definitely like Morikawa swing more for the long run , Shuffles seems the better putter though

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Interesting finish in Hawaii. Morikawa has blown a 7 shot lead to be equal 1st with Rahm with 4 to play.