Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
This is the type of game he really can’t afford to be having. Unreliable. His best is exceptional but can you carry him when he hardly touches it and gets hammered in the ruck? You’re effectively playing one down when he gives you nothing around the ground. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Nankervis Soldo partnership is back for when it counts.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
These are the games I just don’t want to see from Chol, it’s ok to have poor ones, however when you spend time Rucking with that athletic ability you have to be having some impact on the game, now his not going to have to ruck against a Witts to often, however he has to stay in games more , little more belief and concentration. I’m going to remain with my jury out for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He was pathetic. Let’s not beat around the bush. Ragdolled at ruck contests & refused to jump & use his athleticism. Seemed to want to avoid contact. Has to be dropped as that’s not acceptable. Dropped his head & didn’t contribute. Crossroads time in his head. Either compete or give it away.

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
He was pathetic. Let’s not beat around the bush. Ragdolled at ruck contests & refused to jump & use his athleticism. Seemed to want to avoid contact. Has to be dropped as that’s not acceptable. Dropped his head & didn’t contribute. Crossroads time in his head. Either compete or give it away.
100% agree. Horrible performance. Did not try. Needs to be dropped and blasted

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Following a very similar form line as last year.

Slow to start season. Injuries means he gets a game. Plays some excellent footy. Tapers off, loses confidence, doesn't go for the ball. Back to the seconds.

I was hoping he had matured and passed this. Very disappointing - he could be anything.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Invisible aside from the goal. He's lucky CCJ got hurt and we need someone who can nominally play second ruck. If Caddy were 5 cms taller he'd be out.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Missed the game disappointing to read some comments in regard to his poor efforts.

Did the same last year toward the end and lost his spot.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Following a very similar form line as last year.

Slow to start season. Injuries means he gets a game. Plays some excellent footy. Tapers off, loses confidence, doesn't go for the ball. Back to the seconds.

I was hoping he had matured and passed this. Very disappointing - he could be anything.
He could be but he has to want to be. And it means getting hurt competing. He has to decide if he wants it badly enough. No question on talent. Could be anything. But it’s a physical game & needs to put body at risk. His call.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
You have to wonder about feedback during a game. When he goes missing for such large chunks, who's telling him at half time or three quarter time that he needs to get involved and to put a stamp on the game, even if for 5 or 10 minutes. It's like he continually needs to be reminded to compete. It certainly doesn't come naturally.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This is always the knock on him; a distinct lack of intensity in too many games. He's not going to be BOG every week but he needs to play with intensity and bring 100% effort every week. That is not negotiable.

Really poor tonight.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Needs to watch Natanui ruck work. Uses his athleticism to jump over bigger opponents. Chol look silly trying to body Witts. Use your strengths & don’t give in to your opponent.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You'd think with Nank around the corner and him missing out last year tgat he'd take his chance now with both hands. You'd think wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe Mabs has a bit of undiagnosed narcolepsy?

A couple of ruck contests he appeared to have nodded off

• Haha

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
You'd think with Nank around the corner and him missing out last year tgat he'd take his chance now with both hands. You'd think wrong.
Yep. Was lazy and uncompetitive at times tonight. *smile* me because the kid has so much talent.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Missed the game disappointing to read some comments in regard to his poor efforts.

Did the same last year toward the end and lost his spot.
Yes he didn’t have the best game but some of the comments are over the top. His last game against Port was brilliant. Still a kid in the scheme of things.
As long as Soldo is in the team he is safe as houses.