Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In the last month Mabs has put in 2 great performances followed by 2 shockers. His goal now is consistency..
Intensity. Effort. Not negotiable. He brings that every week and he'll have a very good career.

If he picks and chooses when he brings it then he won't.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
weird game from him. couple of moments early and then sleepily ball watched.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I’m disappointed with his efforts in marking contest, especially in the forward line, there were times where he just stood and watched when we desperately needed him to contest. He just does not work hard enough to get to a contest.
And the thing is I do like him because when he gets the ball good things happen, but when you only get it 3 times.....

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Could he at least try to get in front in a marking contest? For as long as I've been watching him play VFL he's been third or fourth in the pack.

That's what you get. Thought he gave up the fight tonight. Looked like a big sulk. Not trying to leap at the centre bounce was simply unacceptable. We all know he has some exceptional talent but plenty of exceptional talents haven't made it due to lack of intent. I just can't see it changing.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I don't expect him to take pack marks....it would be good, I just won't him to at least try to get to contests.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
That's what you get. Thought he gave up the fight tonight. Looked like a big sulk. Not trying to leap at the centre bounce was simply unacceptable. We all know he has some exceptional talent but plenty of exceptional talents haven't made it due to lack of intent. I just can't see it changing.
Refusing to jump in the ruck is so frustrating, he's got a good leap on him, but is reluctant to for some reason.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Very out of sorts tonight. Think he has been more consistent this year so he gets another chance.

When you are out of sorts you need to work, even if it doesn't work and won't click on the night, it is the lack of an ability to up the effort when things are not going his way that is frustrating.

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Looked injured to me. He couldn't jump which is usually his strength. Also not as lively around the ball. Not a good time to put in a stinker with Nank lurking

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh he didn't jump in the ruck or in a couple of marking contests. Reckon he was playing hurt.

Perhaps a teaching game in how to play with discomfort? If you're gonna play key forward/relief ruck you're gonna play with a certain level of hurt every game.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The sooner we get Nank back, the better. Cholly offers no protection and is unpredictable with effort. Trade at end of year . (Keep CCJ.)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh he didn't jump in the ruck or in a couple of marking contests. Reckon he was playing hurt.

Perhaps a teaching game in how to play with discomfort? If you're gonna play key forward/relief ruck you're gonna play with a certain level of hurt every game.

yeah theres gotta be a rationale explanation for such an athletic bloke keeping his feet on the ground.

Mabs has had a great patch. I was hard on him last night.

plus I think Nank/Chol is the combo to win the great Covid flag

I feel like big Ivan's role in the defence this year is to provide cartilage and haemoglobin,

which is one of the most crucial roles in a flag IMHO

Reactions: 1 user

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
The sooner we get Nank back, the better. Cholly offers no protection and is unpredictable with effort. Trade at end of year . (Keep CCJ.)

Agree that he offers little protection when playing in the ruck. If forced to move a young tall on, Ben Miller would sure go first (different positions granted). Mabs can be alternated with CCJ. Don’t want to cook CJ early. Mabs is certainly unpredictable and his bad games stink. But he does some pretty freakish things too when he has his patches. He’s come off the back of two good games, and is still very inexperienced. Still has upsideand I would persist with him as a forward/ruck.

Reactions: 1 user