Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Insipid game? Sounds like no competition at all for our big men.
2 weeks in a row its been one sided and lacklustre. Both teams coming from the neafl not vfl
We need a closer fought game to give a better guide
Pity frankston aren't stronger , still facing them on a cold and windy night down in franga is probably a sterner test than the last few weeks hopefully..

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Pity frankston aren't stronger , still facing them on a cold and windy night down in franga is probably a sterner test than the last few weeks hopefully..
Playing in front of those ferals on the hill and surviving will strengthen anyone!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
We would get a useless 3rd round pick for him which we wouldn't use anyway, destined to be a wasted talent with us at least..
Thems the breaks, after all, he was just a speculative rookie pick (twice)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's part of the Ralph Carr stable so wouldn't read too much into the 'clubs are interested' talk.
Be a shame to put so many years of development into Chol only to see him thrive somewhere else but there's only so long you can wait for raw talent to blossom.
There's a fair chance mentally that Mabs won't ever be at a level consistent enough to perform at AFL level. Even last week in the VFL (against weak opponents) when he did some incredible things, he mixed the good with the ugly.
Young Samson Ryan has shown more than Mabs in just his first year. We also went & got Colina. There's a reason Chol is without a contract..
If Mabior wants to rescue his career, then he'd better start dominating at VFL level in a real hurry. If he gets a rare chance in the ones, he's got to grab his opportunity straight away.
Reality is he's almost out of time as a Tiger, if not already.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Woeful? Far from it. Played a crucial role once Soldo went out injured. The only game he failed was is in the qualifying final where he had to fill in for Lynch.

People need to remember he ain’t a key forward. He is a ruck first who has the ability to push forward. Not many clubs have a ‘third’ defender to handle his athleticism.
How did you rate his 3 possession game against the crows?
or his 5 possession game the week before?
or his 3 the week before that?

I can see the allure, but claims he played a "crucial" role last year, or was only poor in the final are off the mark.
I actually cut him a little slack for his game against the Lions cos I reckon he would have been told his job was to stop Andrews, and I dont think Chol is a smart enough footballer to be played as a defensive tall forward.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I would have thought a value similar to what nank was when he left the swans would be the market , 30s-40s .

Nank was on the edges of a grand final team when we traded for him