Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Better than his last few games at AFL level. Great 3rd quarter others still a bit too hot and cold. Setup worked ok though so hopefully we keep trialling this for a few more games and give him his chance to prove himself once and for all.

I thought he was pretty good. Definitely prefer him around the ball than up forward. Still not that great competing in the air, but he's silky in close.

Reactions: 1 user
Better in the ruck than up forward. Excellent in the 3rd as already mentioned.
Mabs has so much talent but is still prone to laziness which may ultimately see him miss out again at the business end.
Very good for the most part today.

Reactions: 1 users
First goal was classic Chol. Hung out the back of the contest instead of competing and the ball fell fortuitously to him.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure what to make of Chol.
Going just on stats not much to write home about.
2 goals 1 behind, 7 disposals, 6 kicks, 1 handball, 2 marks and 9 hit outs.
Purely on those stats not so good, but stats don't always tell the story.
Just his presence around the ground was pretty good.
Having said all that we do need a backup for Nanks and it seems CCJ is best up forward not rucking.

Still not good enough. Will be found wanting against the better sides and better ruckman. Does not get involved enough and not aggresive enough for a man his size. We will not win the granny if he is in our side.
I would be more than happy if he proves me wrong though.

As usual potential gun moments spread with disgusting petrified going back with ball moment and horrible pressure acts where it looked like he was in Auskick. I just don’t understand that after this long when it is your occupation on the line you don’t try your guts out every time. Must keep CCJ at all costs and Mabior could be the pawn that keeps him or lands us Cerra. The bloke should be - but won’t be

He is our version of NitNat
Very good but alot of very average.
He just needs to get involved more.

Will always be a player that drifts in and out of games as he doesn’t appear to have a tank like Nank ( only threw Nank in because it rhymed).
Seems capable of 5 minutes of effort then needs a breather.
Helped us in the third today but missed many chances to punch when behind in marking contests.

Every game he does a couple of really skilful things that totally defies a bloke of his size - such as dodging and weaving or crumbing at ground level like a Rioli or Eddie Betts
And on the other hand he’ll somehow miss a couple of plays that absolutely require a 2m 95kg body to get involved

Reactions: 1 users
Did well in a few ruck contests, is not even VFL standard under a high ball.
Kicked one goal lurking out the back and another from a hack (pressured) kick forward. Is abysmal in a contest and still has no game sense. The ongoing support for him by some boggles my mind.

Yesterdays game would keep him in the squad for now. It needs to be his base. Any less than what he showed and I reckon he'd be dropped. Pretty sure there was one boundary ruck contest where he went up unopposed and lost the contest. He just slapped and missed the ball completely.

He saved jack reiwoldts life yesterday.

hes a tiger immortal

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users