Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

TigerForce said:
The Jack Riewoldt doppelganger?

Haven't we got Lynch?

Think you nailed it with the first comment, by the time Jack is ready to hang up the boots Williams will be ready to fill the void.

bullus_hit said:
Think you nailed it with the first comment, by the time Jack is ready to hang up the boots Williams will be ready to fill the void.

Sounds good bull. After so many years of screaming for a real 2nd tall forward, we got Lynch, but now I'm desperate for a 2nd (or future 1st) ruckman.

tigerlove said:
Well obviously the Tigers expected more because he's been delisted. It will be interesting to see if any other club sees any more in him or whether we get to re-rookie him.
Everyone says that it takes years for big guys to develop.

Be that as it may you probably also need to have a determined attitude to improve.

The fact that the club is going to delist him and rookie him again if no other club picks him up indicates two things to me.

The first is the club isn't convinced that he has the aptitude for the game, or secondly that he doesn't work hard enough at improving himself.

Either way it seems like the club is putting the ball in his court to prove them wrong

ahyeahnah said:
Everyone says that it takes years for big guys to develop.

Be that as it may you probably also need to have a determined attitude to improve.

The fact that the club is going to delist him and rookie him again if no other club picks him up indicates two things to me.

The first is the club isn't convinced that he has the aptitude for the game, or secondly that he doesn't work hard enough at improving himself.

Either way it seems like the club is putting the ball in his court to prove them wrong

Is this a Fact though ??

turk-d-tiger said:
Is this a Fact though ??
As much of a fact as can be drawn from the article on the AFL site which said he was going to be delisted and re-rookied if he didn't get picked up

My understanding is that Mabs is no certainty to get another gig with RFC. He has to get a few things right before we would. Application stuff.

Wasted pick re drafting him imo.

Wouldve preferred they made a move to get Williams as Bully said, only because even if Williams has speculation about him he will still be a bigger shot of making it at AFL than Chol.

Allir Allir is the only Sudanse kid that has really shown that he can actually read the game ahead of him.

We had to redraft him after going 4 mids. He has potential need to see the required effort this year

Happy Mabs has been re-rookied our biggest need is a mobile ruckman. Yeah I know most have written him off but i don't mind us giving him one last crack.