Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

I'm fine with it too, certainly would have gone down a different route by getting you know who but it's all up to Chol to fill that vacancy.

Definitely worth taking a punt on Mabior I reckon. Hard to find good rucks and he has potential, still young so could turn out well, here's hoping.

DS

Agree with most, I like the fact his had a genuine scare now, hopefully he remains fit so he can put a good case forward in 2019 , definitely make or break now.

I’d like to see him locked into one position this pre season, weather it be Forward, back, ruck, wing , whatever just one position , so far his payed most positions and showed signs in all but nothing more then signs , time to lock him in and see what he can do.

Mr Brightside said:
I’d like to see him locked into one position this pre season, weather it be Forward, back, ruck, wing , whatever just one position , so far his payed most positions and showed signs in all but nothing more then signs , time to lock him in and see what he can do.

Reckon its either ruck or defense but agree he needs a set position or he will just end up being delisted next year.

We know he won’t make it.
But in that slim chance he might go to another club and turn it around, we’ll keep him for one more season to make sure his no good.

mrposhman said:
Reckon its either ruck or defense but agree he needs a set position or he will just end up being delisted next year.
The only way I see him making it is as a mobile ruck with stints up forward. The problem is that he will have to compete for ruck time with Soldo and CCJ so it’s difficult to have him in a settled position

se7en said:
We know he won’t make it.
But in that slim chance he might go to another club and turn it around, we’ll keep him for one more season to make sure his no good.

I wonder what the stats are on players who have played 1 game (and it was a token game at that) in 3 years from the rookie list.

How many in that scenario go on to play, say, 50 games? As he embarks on year 4 on the rookie list Id take a guess that Chol is massively up against the odds of making it now.

Hopefully the penny has dropped.

Work ethic has been his downfall.

I suspect his dedication to his rehab was what caused alarm with his commitment.

The Big Richo said:
Most 200cm and above players need 3-4 training years to get their bodies AFL ready.

I still think there is time for him, next season is going to give us a real understanding of where he is at.

Send him down to the St Kilda foreshore to toughen him up

Dont Argue said:
Send him down to the St Kilda foreshore to toughen him up

Today at training 3 players were picked out to do extra running after drills:

Rioli Chol Eggsmith

All started together but were quickly separated by their diverse levels of fitness, Rioli ended up have Burge for company doing heaps of reps and way out in front, Egg-Smith very unfit had another performance guy for company and was streets behind, then Mabs miles behind, who could they find to keep up with his atrocious endurance levels, (old man Maric), and he still struggled to keep up with ::)

The guy does not like. hard work

Yeah that's not good. It's why he drifts in and out of games for long periods of time even at VFL level. Making it to AFL level seems extremely unlikely.

Don't like the sound of this. The only thing we can hope is that it's largely due to loss of condition due to the injury. Hope. If he doesn't really want it, it's a big waste of time, money and effort for the club.
Get with the program Mabs.

caesar said:
Today at training 3 players were picked out to do extra running after drills:

Rioli Chol Eggsmith

All started together but were quickly separated by their diverse levels of fitness, Rioli ended up have Burge for company doing heaps of reps and way out in front, Egg-Smith very unfit had another performance guy for company and was streets behind, then Mabs miles behind, who could they find to keep up with his atrocious endurance levels, (old man Maric), and he still struggled to keep up with ::)

The guy does not like. hard work

Thanks caesar...more importantly, what did the draftees do today?