Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
BrisTiger24 said:
Thanks caesar...more importantly, what did the draftees do today?

Draftees came out late did a couple of handball drills a few fun snaps for goal, (an orientation day before the hard work begins)

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
caesar said:
Today at training 3 players were picked out to do extra running after drills:

Rioli Chol Eggsmith

All started together but were quickly separated by their diverse levels of fitness, Rioli ended up have Burge for company doing heaps of reps and way out in front, Egg-Smith very unfit had another performance guy for company and was streets behind, then Mabs miles behind, who could they find to keep up with his atrocious endurance levels, (old man Maric), and he still struggled to keep up with ::)

The guy does not like. hard work

Not looking for excuses however he didn't run for the last 2 months of the season or something like that?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
caesar said:

Rioli Chol Eggsmith

All started together but were quickly separated by their diverse levels of fitness, Rioli ended up have Burge for company doing heaps of reps and way out in front, Egg-Smith very unfit had another performance guy for company and was streets behind, then Mabs miles behind, who could they find to keep up with his atrocious endurance levels, (old man Maric), and he still struggled to keep up with ::)

It’s a worry isn’t it, unless the rest of the lads are already in peak shape 8- , obviously a lot of pre season to go, however you’d have hoped he’d have worked hi backside off in his time off to get another chance or maybe his just got a shithouse tank

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
WesternTiger said:
Not looking for excuses however he didn't run for the last 2 months of the season or something like that?

Here's hoping that's the reason & he's working his way back up to fitness. It' not how he starts pre season, it's how he finishes it that matters.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Complete waste of a rookie spot. I've never seen it with this guy. Surely there were better state league options for this position.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
caesar said:

Rioli Chol Eggsmith

Hasnt Chol just come off having a broken foot , that might explain his issues running atm

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
DjJazzyPete said:
Hasnt Chol just come off having a broken foot , that might explain his issues running atm

That was 6 months ago. He played the last game, semi-final against Essendon. It would be a bit of a worry if his foot is troubling him so much that he can't outrun ex ruckman Maric. Big concern imo. Should be a lot fitter right now than it appears he is.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
tigerlove said:
That was 6 months ago. He played the last game, semi-final against Essendon. It would be a bit of a worry if his foot is troubling him so much that he can't outrun ex ruckman Maric. Big concern imo. Should be a lot fitter right now than it appears he is.

Thanks for the diagnosis Dr Love.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tigers of Old said:
Thanks for the diagnosis Dr Love.

I didn't make a medical diagnosis. I made a concerning comment about his poor running form after being asked to do extra work. It's always been an issue for him, lack of staying power.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lol if he was as bad as whats being made out here the club would not have re rookied him, Have faith in the coaches on this call and if not upto it at the end of the year

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Surely if they were that concerned by his professionalism or fitness they would not have bothered giving him a rookie spot.

Yer, we sure didn't give Drummond any more tolerance or sympathy. Is it because he's a tall, possible ruck depth for future seasons?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
tigerlove said:

He couldn't outrun Maric after a 2-3 hour session of running.
I dont think we should make too many judgements based off a limited training snippet.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
leon said:
Yer, we sure didn't give Drummond any more tolerance or sympathy. Is it because he's a tall, possible ruck depth for future seasons?
Might be own here leon, however though only glimpses I’ve seen more from Chol then I did from Drummond, in saying that Drummond was injured a hell of a lot of the time he was on the list

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
turk-d-tiger said:
Lol if he was as bad as whats being made out here the club would not have re rookied him, Have faith in the coaches on this call and if not upto it at the end of the year

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yep. One last look to see if we can get some value from Cholly. Club had a fairly decent clean out already this year, so they've held a couple of blokes with already some development and maturity in our system under the belt for emergency purposes.
Rookies on a one year deal so if we get SFA out of them it'll be thanks for coming, bye now n we'll have instant room for another mini refresh next year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Drummond was a battler, he wasn't missed in any way when injured and that says it all for him sadly.

But he did play a game for the Tigers and got be at the club for 3-4 years so good luck to the lad going forward.

Chol is not a senior AFL prospect Imo he would need a monumental shift to become one, he aint Allir Allir and pretty sure that hes shown less than Daw had over the same period.

He has the physical attributes height, is a nice neat kick and has huge athleticism but that's about it he doesn't have a footy IQ.

Daw has worked hard to get anywhere near senior AFL, Allir is the only African lad that has shown that he is actually able to read the game hence he is head and shoulders the best product of the Sudanese experiment and there are others (one was at Essendon iirc) that didnt go on after a year or two.

Chol what I've seen of him live gets too much kudos on here for having really done not very much at all after what 3 -years already

One more year on basic change for the lad and if there is no marked improvement he should be the first out the door, next October.

The club needs him to jump up and become a serious playing option for the club at AFL level but for mine i just cant see it happening.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Brodders17 said:
He couldn't outrun Maric after a 2-3 hour session of running.
I dont think we should make too many judgements based off a limited training snippet.

It wasn't a 2-3 hour running session it was a 90 minute normal session, (the 3 boys mentioned started their running 75 minutes in). I have been a proponent of Mabs, still am, but it was not an encouraging start.
You are correct that making judgments from the outside is a mugs game and could be completely wrong but if judgments and assessments are not required there is little reason for me to bother with a training report.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Ceaser please continue with your training reports,

I at least find them interesting.

I respect your opinions even if I don't always agree with them

Keep up the reports