Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looked at home at this level , and I didn’t expect to be saying that about him ,

But he looks surprisingly composed

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
CHOLLEEEE cholly cholly cholly. CHOLLEEEE CHOLLEEEE.

Kid had a ripping game today, not sure who's game I enjoyed the most Cholly or Stacka, they were both bloody excellent.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Well done Cholly! Played out the game and was rewarded for it. If he can maintain 4 quarter consistency like today with each match Caddy’s spot could be under threat

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Chol lynch & Riewoldt in the forward line.
Can we make that one work?
One of Chol, Riewoldt, Nank and Lynch would often be on the bench, but at times all would be on to cause a mismatch. We'd often see Mabs or Jack drifting up towards the wings anyway to present for the long-down-the-line kick out of defence. For far too long we've been killed in the air between the arcs.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Couldn't make the game today but watched the highlights and a couple of things Chol did stood out. The pass to Stack on his own when he could have kicked to Lynch in the goal square (not on his own) was great vision and some footy smarts. The grab the ball in the ruck and goal showed more understanding of the game.

These sorts of plays impress me as they show a player who is thinking about the best option for the team.

The criticism of Chol has been consistency. A 4 quarter game is a start, now let's see if he can play well next week, not expecting a spectacular game, just a good game to follow a great game and we see the justification for keeping him and signing him on for a few more years.

I would be rapt to see him step up to AFL level, he has a lot of potential and talent but we need to see the consistency.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's all in his head. Staying engaged, forcing himself to work. Can switch off or cruise but just so athletic and genuinely skilled.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Terrific game. What stood out was his field kicking, some of it was terrific and to the advantage of his fellow forwards. Add that to his goal kicking which was excellent too.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
One of Chol, Riewoldt, Nank and Lynch would often be on the bench, but at times all would be on to cause a mismatch. We'd often see Mabs or Jack drifting up towards the wings anyway to present for the long-down-the-line kick out of defence. For far too long we've been killed in the air between the arcs.

For two long we've killed them on the ground between the arcs as well. It won us a flag. Careful what you wish for.

Saying that, Mabs was fantastic today. Will gain a cult following very quickly. Both his class with the ball and ability to impact in the air when needed were first class.

Leysy would bring in Balta for Soldo. Play the young athletic guns in the ruck. We won't win that many hit outs but christ we will follow up the ruck contest well and have another key forward at all times.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Cholly's inside 50 use was great today. The kick to Stacky was top notch. Th ekick which Lynch marked also a ripper. Fox had vision behind the goal showing Lynch making 1, 2 mini runs into space and then circled to make the third. Cholly just waited and then sat it up beautifully.

Reactions: 1 users

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Never ever thought I’d see a game like that from this guy at AFL level.. very happy to be wrong.. doesn’t have to play like that every week just keep having a crack and he will make it.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I was at the game in an official capacity today.

The Saints grabbed momentum nearly every time Soldo was out there, as I predicted Marshall cut Soldo to ribbons.

Chol really impacted today.

A very important game for Chol today, he just took a step closer to being relief ruck.

I am very pleasantly surprised and was impressed today by his game.

Well done to the lad, he was important today.

The kid has taken some big steps and he has taken them on the biggest stage.

Kudos to him.

Can I ask you how you get the jam inside the donut?
:)

• Haha

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Surely he gets a game ahead of soldo he is like nank in that he wont win the taps but provides a contest and is awesome around the ground