Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Imagine the flexibility once Nank is back with Balta and Chol as backup ruck half/fwd swing men.

Dusty picked him out a few times. Makes a big difference for a kid trying to get a game. Has very nice skills and was able to make a big impact when he had the ball

Reactions: 3 users
Really pleased that Mabior had a good crack today. If he can generally maintain a four-quarter presence in the game then RFC may be able to develop him into a key player in the future.
Bit of a way to go, particularly against better opponents/opposition, but he was excellent today in just his third game.

Reactions: 1 user
With a run of games and some confidence building.....he could be huge for us. By games end today he was doing what he liked at the ball ups.....and he is so mobile for his size.

Really pleased that Mabior had a good crack today. If he can generally maintain a four-quarter presence in the game then RFC may be able to develop him into a key player in the future.
Bit of a way to go, particularly against better opponents/opposition, but he was excellent today in just his third game.

No doubt this game would give his self confidence a big boost. I noticed Dusty fed him the ball a few times, but Cholly made position as well. I'm sure our players would have been helping him and directing him where and when to run. But the take out of the ruck and subsequent goal shows he does have some footy iq.
With limited experience he'll have games where his best and worst will be on show, but hopefully that gap closes. He could be a key for us in the futur. Still plenty of hard work and learning ahead of him. But best of luck..for him and us going forward

Reactions: 1 users
I was at the game in an official capacity today.

The Saints grabbed momentum nearly every time Soldo was out there, as I predicted Marshall cut Soldo to ribbons.

Chol really impacted today.

A very important game for Chol today, he just took a step closer to being relief ruck.

I am very pleasantly surprised and was impressed today by his game.

Well done to the lad, he was important today.

The kid has taken some big steps and he has taken them on the biggest stage.

Kudos to him.

Reactions: 2 users
Best game I’ve seen him play at any level by a long way.

I don’t expect that every week, however if he can keep that effort up he’ll be alright

Reactions: 3 users
Breakout game. Fantastic. Hopefully he backs it up. Balta better work on his defensive game.

Reactions: 2 users
the consumate ruck mans game.

goals, athletic ruck work, contested marks down back.

8/10 game from any ruckman, let alone a 3rd gamer

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting to see where/if he fits when Nankervis and Riewoldt return.
Imagine the flexibility once Nank is back with Balta and Chol as backup ruck half/fwd swing men.
This. Make no mistake, the footy dept is preparing a team to match GWS, Eagles, etc in the air deep into September.

Balta is now being groomed in the VFL as a last-line defender, to help cover for Rance.

Chol also went back today and took a couple of good grabs.

Balta, Chol and Riewoldt are all mobile enough to add height and flexibility without slowing us down too much. If they all fire in the lead-up to finals, don't be surprised if someone like Caddy has to make way (unless he is also firing). Alternatively, Ellis or Kmac may make way, with another player taking a spot on the wing.

If we can finally get a beautifully balanced side on the park, we have a much better chance of kicking some seriously big scores.

Reactions: 5 users
Just thrown a huge spanner in the works. The fluidity he moves with when he has the ball in hand is like very few.

Worked today. Got his hands dirty. Flew when he knew he couldn’t mark but made sure it came to ground.

If his work rate stays at this level, he plays.

What I was most impressed with was his kicking for goal. His drop of the ball from hand to foot was perfect, textbook