Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I know the people in Melbourne who are devastated at not being able to endure the terror of purchasing finals tickets,

won't mind me having a whinge,

that Geelong priority 3 members are snapping up their tix right now, after AFL members, Cats priority 1 and 2 got theirs,

while Richmond Priority 1 sit around looking at a countdown clock.

what's with that?
How did you end up going ezy?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Need to prepare ourselves for the post Grand Final narrative:

1. Cats win - Toughest and most deserving Premiership ever. No Premiers are more deserving than the cats winning it in 2020
2. Tigers win - Mickey Mouse Premiership. Shortened quarters, stop and start season, games every 4 days. It's the AFL X Premiership. Shouldn't be listed on the records.

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wonder if they're thinking of bringing in Ratagolea who seems to bother us when we play them.

Cameron asking to be traded to Cats. The tradition of dirty thug FFs continues

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
My memory of that game in 2017 doesn't include feeling like it was over at 3 quarter time :) . I was well and truly still in the "old Richmond" mindset

Me too. I was 15 minutes into the last before I really felt like we would win.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
after the most stressful tix purchase ever,

I got great seats on The Pickett Wing for my mob.

special shout out to a very benevolent PRE'er, he knows who he is

Congratulations and enjoy easy! Blow a kiss to Marlion from me...

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
8,000 each. Can't see either team getting to 8,000. 3,000 RFC members in QLD, 1,300 Geelol members in QLD. SA will probably produce some attendees but, even though WA can come into QLD, they need to hotel quarantine on the way back so that would deter a lot from there you would think.
im banking in a few general admission on sale on Wed or Thurs.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just got a phone alert from the club. Great news: Nank and RCD both re-signed. Let someone else post on more appropriate thread.
Happy!

Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wonder if they're thinking of bringing in Ratagolea who seems to bother us when we play them.
Agreed. They look very likely to go in unchanged - maybe us too. But very happy for them not to pick ER. He plays well against us and kicks goals because he has a huge leap, as distinct from Hawkins who only has a (lot) of huge shoves.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Is the forecast for rain grand final night?
If so then this has great Scott written all over it.

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
after the most stressful tix purchase ever,

I got great seats on The Pickett Wing for my mob.

special shout out to a very benevolent PRE'er, he knows who he is

Section 67 for me, above the interchange benches. The return flights were cheaper than the GF tickets, but rapt to be going

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
All this talk of Dangerfield and Ablett, geez.

How about the fact that Geelong fans in Geelong can go and watch at the pub whereas people in Melbourne are still stuck in our homes and can't have people over.

That would be a nice narrative, all of Melbourne should be backing Richmond to win it for the locked down masses.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
We will dismantle these pretenders.

There will be a duursma-esque GIF of Greg bryan Miers squibbing a contest with Bakes and Marlion going viral before midnight on Saturday.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Ash Barty best suggestion so far. An RFC #1 Ticket Holder and she celebrates a Richond goal with more emotion than when she won the French Open. While drinking a beer!
Top idea.

The two Gold members of this NSW stranded household support that proposition wholeheartedly.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Spoke to a Geelong fella today. He is very confident. The reason? The Gabba. Because they're unbeaten there this year but more to the point no heaving Richmond hordes at the MCG for Geelong players to deal with; openly admits that it spooks them.

Interesting perspective and no doubt the G is an advantage for us against them but not sure it will be the difference; we'll still get them.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Spoke to a Geelong fella today. He is very confident. The reason? The Gabba. Because they're unbeaten there this year but more to the point no heaving Richmond hordes at the MCG for Geelong players to deal with; openly admits that it spooks them.

Interesting perspective and no doubt the G is an advantage for us against them but not sure it will be the difference; we'll still get them.

I think there will be a heaving horde of tigers at The Gabba.

its all relative.

Im pleased they are unaware of our Gabba record.