Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Anyone here ‘give an eye tooth’ for another premiership? Well I have made the ultimate sacrifice. One of mine broke in half at half time last night (fairly painless actually) and I asked myself ‘would you trade this tooth for premiership glory?’ The resounding answer from my highest self was ‘*smile* YEH!’. Getting it pulled on Monday.
*smile* that hurt

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Reported by Mark Stevens that the GF umps will be Stevic, Meredith, Fleer. Last one is a concern, thought he was diabolical in the Geelong game.

No gig for Ryan (our best results ump) or Deboy (paid the Lambert free).

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
if we win the great 2020 flag, replace it with a gold one with a black pearl diagonal inlay.
My mate in Perth makes false teeth - I might hit him up. (He’s a rampant Collingwood supporter which provides no end of amusement)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Spoke to a Geelong fella today. He is very confident. The reason? The Gabba. Because they're unbeaten there this year but more to the point no heaving Richmond hordes at the MCG for Geelong players to deal with; openly admits that it spooks them.

Interesting perspective and no doubt the G is an advantage for us against them but not sure it will be the difference; we'll still get them.
Yet we have proved we can play at the AO in poor conditions and win which is something the Cats failed to do a couple of weeks ago. The Gabba should hold no fear for us as the size is similar to the MCG and our recent loss there was because of no Lynch and Chol underperforming plus rustiness in returning players who proved their worth last Friday. The Cats should be worried as our Gabba record is pretty good as well

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I think there will be a heaving horde of tigers at The Gabba.

its all relative.

Im pleased they are unaware of our Gabba record.
Funnily enough ezy I think the Gabba could give them cause for a bit of optimism. We've played there 3 times this year; the 2 wins against Swans and GC were terrible games and we got done by the Lions. In spite of our previous excellent record at the Gabba we've played much better at Metricon this year. Still 3 games is a small sample size and whilst it may give the Cats a bit of false boost it won't be the difference between winning and losing for us. We play near our best we'll be too good for them.

No excuses.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Funnily enough ezy I think the Gabba could give them cause for a bit of optimism. We've played there 3 times this year; the 2 wins against Swans and GC were terrible games and we got done by the Lions. In spite of our previous excellent record at the Gabba we've played much better at Metricon this year. Still 3 games is a small sample size and whilst it may give the Cats a bit of false boost it won't be the difference between winning and losing for us. We play near our best we'll be too good for them.

No excuses.

I was at the swans debacle.

nothing to do with the dimensions.

they flooded and tried not to lose by 10 goals.

I actually reckon Dimma elevated his sportsmanship to virtuoso level this final series, picking Metricon for the semi and giving the impression Gabba hold fears.

Cats are clutching at Straws. They are going to need to get real purchased on 22 straws simultaneously.

As ive alluded to, Im playing this week from the heart.
and its bursting with optimism.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Geelong will be desperate for it not to rain. It if rains its goodnight Irene for them. Their whole chip chip slow crappy gameplan will be completely undone by rain and will just ramp up the pressure that we will put on them which they have struggled with in the past.

Reactions: 1 user

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Geelong are fooling themselves with a false sense of confidence regarding their record at the Gabba.
Someone should remind them that until the QF, we were unbeaten at the Gabba for over a decade.
Let them have all the spotlight and love fest in the media this week. It was the same narrative in 2017 and 2019.
As others have said, this is 1974 revisited.
If the Tigers come out and play hard, relentless and disciplined football, we win by 4-5 goals!

Reactions: 9 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I was there as well Quickdraw but don't remember it that well as I was a young boy but I do recall the joy from my Dad which is a great memory.

Watching the replay again over the years as you said it includes one of the most iconic Richmond moments ever which was Royce Hart's mark in the last quarter. One of the best marks in the game's history and to take it in a grand final was very special. I was going to say his mark over Peter Walker but the reality is it was pure leap.
Cheers Sin.
My greatest memory is the stress in the last quarter and Swift's mark. The neighbour that used to take me to the footy was swallowing heart pills like there's no tomorrow!

I feel very blessed to have seen our premiership wins from '67.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
After 2 Grand Final wins where it was all over by 3/4 time, I'm not sure I would cope with a close tight finish. But we're probably due one.

Shhhhhhhh!

We don't need any of that crazy talk!

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
In case Dusty needed a little dose of incentive for the GF...

"Martin, a dual winner of the best finals player (2017 and 2019), received the maximum 10 votes from rival coaches Damien Hardwick (Richmond) and Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide) after finishing the match with a team-high 21 disposals and two crucial goals in the low-scoring, tight, tough contest.

He now has 18 votes in this year’s finals series, which is one behind the leader, Geelong star Mitch Duncan."

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In case Dusty needed a little dose of incentive for the GF...

"Martin, a dual winner of the best finals player (2017 and 2019), received the maximum 10 votes from rival coaches Damien Hardwick (Richmond) and Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide) after finishing the match with a team-high 21 disposals and two crucial goals in the low-scoring, tight, tough contest.

He now has 18 votes in this year’s finals series, which is one behind the leader, Geelong star Mitch Duncan."

So Duncan will win the medal. Scott will give the 5 votes guaranteeing Duncan the win no matter what happens. Unless the Grad Final votes are given by someone else.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We don't win flags unless we beat geelong in a final.

Reactions: 3 users

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
We will never know, but I hope the club has a quiet word/enquiry with the umpiring team this week to highlight Hawkins pushing tactics.

Its dangerous, has already ended Soldos season and his 2021, and he does it regularly.

We don't have anything to lose. They can disregard it and ream us like every other week. Or they can penalise the prick.
Yes, this worries me. Cats are bound to get a couple of easy goals from Hawkins ruck pushing.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
So Duncan will win the medal. Scott will give the 5 votes guaranteeing Duncan the win no matter what happens. Unless the Grad Final votes are given by someone else.

Unless they cop a pantsing. Even then he may still try it on.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd have no doubt that he would.

He didn't do that last time we pantsed them round 17.

Dylan Grimes (RICH)
Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
Shai Bolton (RICH)
Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
Toby Nankervis (RICH)
Jayden Short (RICH)
Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
Tom Stewart (GEEL)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He didn't do that last time we pantsed them round 17.

Dylan Grimes (RICH)
Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
Shai Bolton (RICH)
Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
Toby Nankervis (RICH)
Jayden Short (RICH)
Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
Tom Stewart (GEEL)

Was there a medal at stake?