Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
QLD needs to step in and have Geelong quarantined for 2 weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sounds fair. Lions to play in the Grand Final. Win Win for Queensland and the AFL
If COVID is life threatening to elderly people.
Then the Geelong team could be in some trouble.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Listening to Emma Murray on SEN talking about the build up to the Grand Final. We're lucky to have her.

All Richmond supporters should try and take a leaf out of Murray's book on mindfulness and project some really positive energy towards the Tigers during the week and on, especially, Saturday night.
It all helps.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
All Richmond supporters should try and take a leaf out of Murray's book on mindfulness and project some really positive energy towards the Tigers during the week and on, especially, Saturday night.
It all helps.

is there a link?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria
I knew we were disliked but I am finding that even people who are usually level headed friends admitting they were barracking hard for Port Adelaide to win
I never say bad things about their football teams
At least not blatantly to their face , but I’m quite shocked at the venom towards us from everybody that isn’t one of us

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Non-Richmond supporters are over the Tigers' success.
The media is reacting to this year's grand final just as they did last year with GWS.
Plenty of hype for the opposition in the hope that the Tigers can be defeated.
Clutching at straws in my view. Just underlines how bloody good Richmond is.
Everyone fears a Richmond dynasty, just the way I like it.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I knew we were disliked but I am finding that even people who are usually level headed friends admitting they were barracking hard for Port Adelaide to win
At least not blatantly to their face , but I’m quite shocked at the venom towards us from everybody that isn’t one of us
It's mostly just the underdog factor so it's understandable. Even Geelol will reap it because no flag since 2011. And the poor Danger and Gazza sob stories: never played in a GF; last game for the Little Master.
Never mind that they both walked out on their original clubs with Gazza then dumping GCS after cleaning out their bankroll. You probably won't hear that much.

Reactions: 2 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
QLD needs to step in and have Geelong quarantined for 2 weeks.
WE have had the covid quarantine protocol shoved down our throats (pardon the pun) for months. if you have covid-like symptoms you need to be quarantined until your result comes back negative. ALL close contacts should also be informed and go into quarantine. So technically the whole squad and coaches etc should be in quarantine and all tested for covid and only allowed out if all tests are negative. isn't this what we are all still doing here in Vic? different rules in Qld/AFL.

Although as Geelong has been sharing facilities with Richmond maybe we should be in quarantine aswell!!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yep ive noticed a subtle. underlying mixture of fury, hatred, jealousy, disdain in a few conversations with footy mates.

when I sense it, I lay the confidence, brashness, arrogance on extra thick and I try to be as condescending about their club as I can be.

'yeah mate, the Lions are simply where Richmond were at in 2013. If you make some hard decisions, like getting rid of Hipwood and using the pick on a kid like Dusty, the composure and leadership and culture will come with time'

mates come and go. immersing yourself in a Richmond dynasty first hand is a life's work.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
yep ive noticed a subtle. underlying mixture of fury, hatred, jealousy, disdain in a few conversations with footy mates.

when I sense it, I lay the confidence, brashness, arrogance on extra thick and I try to be a condescending about their club as I can be.

mates come and go. immersing yourself in a Richmond dynasty first hand is a life's work.
Yeah I've got great mates that barrack for other clubs. Scumwood, Drugendon, lolNorf, Carlcheat. They hate us with a passion. They all wanted the Crows and Giants to beat us. They even hated us when we were *smile* but they could also laugh at us. Now they can't laugh at us they hate us even more. I'm absolutely loving it and geez am I giving it to them every chance I get :mhihi There is a lot of 30 plus years of payback being sent the way of non believers.

My wife (Tigers) has a brother who lives in Brisbane and claims to be a Lions supporter; he was Essendon many years ago before he moved up there. He's going to the game and my wife said that he should be supporting us. He said he will be supporting Geelong and I said good; no *smile* bandwagoners here. I wouldn't accept his support even if he gave it.

Great to be king!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
take a look at this hilarious analysis from Lloyd.

Im actually still laughing out loud.

How to stop dusty?

'Guthrie has to say "ive got him, ive got him" really clearly all night'

:rotfl1

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's mostly just the underdog factor so it's understandable. Even Geelol will reap it because no flag since 2011. And the poor Danger and Gazza sob stories: never played in a GF; last game for the Little Master.
Never mind that they both walked out on their original clubs with Gazza then dumping GCS after cleaning out their bankroll. You probably won't hear that much.
Yeh, kermit doesn't mention the little masters history. Just that somehow he deserves to go out on a high?

As Clint said, deserves got nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
take a look at this hilarious analysis from Lloyd.

Im actually still laughing out loud.

How to stop dusty?

'Guthrie has to say "ive got him, ive got him" really clearly all night'

:rotfl1
That's golden.

Here's my analysis of How to stop Danger..

"Danger, this is a big game, we need you to step up"

Yep, that should do it

• Haha