Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies

Who wins the 2022 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
A few Swans reputations...........Buddy another year !!
And he and his model wife bitched and moaned about it (~$600K wasn't enough!). Threatened shifting to Brisvegas :ROFLMAO: or even retiring ... Hilarious.

What a flog! What a huge flake! But great Sydanee-style marketing, and it worked.
Capitulated and gave in - another year on higher $$.

What an icon, what a legend in pure ego! Me Me Me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Of course thats a valid POV TD, though i dont really buy the anti-sydney bit. buddy has had carte blanche to belt little blokes for a decade.

My perspective is living in far northern sydney for 20 years, while swans played finals and tigers didnt.

Thankfully my hatred of geelong displaced my teeth grinding bile surge whenever i heard

'Go swannies'
Sydney fans still reeling about the buddy trade embargo...
Swans banned from trading after a legit FA move to get Franklin.
Then a whole bunch of trouble over COLA allowance and other agreed rules, leaves the club rueful that the AFL are untrustworthy and capricious.
We know the feeling.

Buddy getting a free gift is an anomaly crossed with a corruption

And the academy was a joke system that undervalued Mills and Heeney. It's better know but still flawed - see Guldrn.

The AFL does not support or preference the Swans imo.
But they were bloody ordinary yesterday

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sydney fans still reeling about the buddy trade embargo...
Swans banned from trading after a legit FA move to get Franklin.
Then a whole bunch of trouble over COLA allowance and other agreed rules, leaves the club rueful that the AFL are untrustworthy and capricious.
We know the feeling.

Buddy getting a free gift is an anomaly crossed with a corruption

And the academy was a joke system that undervalued Mills and Heeney. It's better know but still flawed - see Guldrn.

The AFL does not support or preference the Swans imo.
But they were bloody ordinary yesterday

The Swans must be a very well run club.

The QBE sponsorship is long and lucrative

That they can afford Leon Cameron to head up their Academy is extraordinary

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
CD

To me they still remain The Handbaggers. Their chokes in finals still outweighs their number of flags.
The media constantly comment that they are greatest team of all.
Yesterday they just won there 10th flag.
Far from the greatest.
72% winning means shiit when you lose finals

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Game is in a poor state when you get a result like this. Needs to be a review into rules introduced over last few years to get the game back to a mans game. Stand , umpire so called abuse, deliberate out of bounds & six by six top of the agenda. Another umpire to officiate next year so that means another wannabe blowing his tin whistle to confuse not only the players but everyone following the game. If they want a rule introduced it should be each umpire can make only five frees a game. After five he sits out the game.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Game is in a poor state when you get a result like this. Needs to be a review into rules introduced over last few years to get the game back to a mans game. Stand , umpire so called abuse, deliberate out of bounds & six by six top of the agenda. Another umpire to officiate next year so that means another wannabe blowing his tin whistle to confuse not only the players but everyone following the game. If they want a rule introduced it should be each umpire can make only five frees a game. After five he sits out the game.
Play some games with no umpires. Just like some 70s wrestling fights in a cage with no referees.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How do teams CONSTANTLY let Hawkins get full hands on the ball and subsequent first use at boundary throw ins in Geelongs forward line all the time ? **** it does my head in. You’d think opposition coaches would have a plan for when he takes the throw ins but it doesn’t appear to be the case. Stand off him a bit and don’t wrestle….have someone ready to tackle him….whatever. Anything !

**** infuriating.

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
How do teams CONSTANTLY let Hawkins get full hands on the ball and subsequent first use at boundary throw ins in Geelongs forward line all the time ? **** it does my head in. You’d think opposition coaches would have a plan for when he takes the throw ins but it doesn’t appear to be the case. Stand off him a bit and don’t wrestle….have someone ready to tackle him….whatever. Anything !

**** infuriating.
The only bloke I've seen destroyed Hawkins trying to do that was Balta. He mangled him in a tackle

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
The media constantly comment that they are greatest team of all.
Yesterday they just won there 10th flag.
Far from the greatest.
72% winning means shiit when you lose finals
Perhaps so, but they are also the most successful team in the 21st century .

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Perhaps so, but they are also the most successful team in the 21st century .
Maybe in Buck Rogers world they are but not in the real world .
we have slapped Geelong when it counts.
Geelong changed the rules to help them
Hawthorn bend over Geelong when it counts Too

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Cats haven't beaten the Tigers in a GF since 1931.
Since our inception in the VFL (1908) we have won 13 flags to the Cats (1897) 10.
That's all that matters to me.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

**** infuriating.

I'd say they do but he is just too good at it. If they premeditate a tackle he will tap the ball and take the free so they have to delay and he is so quick hand to foot the ball is gone.

The other thing is he is so strong in the contest that he just rag dolls powerful ruckman. I remember him doing it to Nankervis and thinking he must have caught him off balance and then he did it again. He must be enormously strong through his core.

Reactions: 1 user

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Maybe in Buck Rogers world they are but not in the real world .
we have slapped Geelong when it counts.
Geelong changed the rules to help them
Hawthorn bend over Geelong when it counts Too
No in the real world its the 21st century FACT, and Cats have won more than any team thus far in the 21st century, also FACT